Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
The Lakers hired Vogel per Woj.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I saw a post on Facebook comparing the first six seasons of Arenas vs Curry and the numbers were eerily similar. Can someone with more bball ref skill show me the comp?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I think agent zero would make far superior shoes though

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

I’m phoneposting but the answers shouldn’t surprise you

Steph takes many more three pointers as a % of FGs (33 as a rookie to 48 in his sixth year), teammates rely on his assists more, he uses fewer possessions, and he turns it over much more (which just from the territory of playing more like a PG and less like a combo guard, which is no shade at Arenas, just different playstyles)

Arenas’s numbers were WAY closer to Kyrie’s

I wonder if the number of kobe assists Gil created helped close the assist gap

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

The Wizards got 12.8 OREB/100 pos in 06-07 above the league median of 12.2. Your post establishes as law that this advantage is due to Gil and no one else, so if you consider an OREB to be worth one point, that’s a marginal 0.6 points via Kobe assists/100 pos above the average team. Let’s assume he only assists on 2s to make it easier, so that’s .3 assists per 100 that Gil DESERVES to have tacked on to that season. That takes him from 7.7 to 8.0.

Curry had 11.6/100 in his sixth seasons but we’re arguing in bad faith since it’s the internet so let’s compare that to his rookie year 7.8 assists/100 instead. A loving CHUMP NUMBER. Gil easily wins again

You also have to account for him being held back by that hideous mid-2000s Wizards logo

Also Gil was never shut down by Kevin Love. I think the conclusion here is clear