Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Hi, the Lakers are gonna hire a bad coach and continue to be rudderless as they waste the remainder of LeBron's prime while throwing away young talented players in poorly planned trades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

For what it's worth Phoenix usually gets at least a meeting with a good free agent every offseason, the weather and Mill Ave are amazing selling points. Maybe James is a good enough dude to finally get one to sign. But yeah ideally that's a job that takes a lot of experience and a commitment to establishing a strong culture from scouting down.

I dunno, this inspired me to read a bunch of articles about whether or not Danny Ferry is actually racist and it seems like the answer is "maybe not" so I guess he's the guy they should probably hire.

I guess the weather is a plus since they can just leave town during the worst parts of the year

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Boooo that was the most fun part

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

D’Antoni’s yearly demand for an extension no matter how good or bad a job he did is something I don’t miss.

To be honest, we ditched him right before we started to get players who he could have developed

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I think we're better off without Magic, but I still don't think we have great people left running the place. Just less bad than Magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

One could maybe argue that Capella is a good big to stick next to Zion and Julius Randle.

http://tradenba.com/trades/H1f1BP3pE

Maybe not the upside potential some other AD deals have but they could be competing with Zion sooner rather than later.

I still think they need to throw a big contract at Brook Lopez to space the court for them