Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MourningView posted:

So is this gonna end with Jason Kidd just getting the head coaching job?

Feel like Kidd will wanna pick his assistants, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Remember how important he was to the 4 all-star hawks in the playoffs? He's got a very valuable game when these things get tight and you need all the mental toughness you can get

I really like Mike Scott, if he were a good defender he'd be a starter, IMO

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1128043860473417728

Of course the Kings and Knicks are interested.

(I'd take a flier on him if you can get him for nothing)

I can't imagine Phoenix will be able to command much, maybe a decent bench PG if they're lucky

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I didn't know Magic discouraged Ingram shooting from deep.

Interested to see how a Lowry to LA trade would work, Ujiri's not an idiot so he might actually get something...but I also feel like that means they'd wave bye to Lonzo despite Kyle's age

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

i think if they can keep lonzo they will since big baller brand and by extension the lavar ball circus has quieted down and he’s still pretty young and does look really good on defense and in transition

At the same time if James wants Ball gone, I feel like it happens

(I have no idea if he does or not)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rick posted:

Lebron's favorite Laker? Eddie Jones (Lebron apparently wants to finish his career with the Lakers, still).

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-reportedly-happy-in-los-angeles-wants-to-play-there-for-the-rest-of-his-career/

Obviously not the sort of thing that one puts too much stock in, but it's still nice to hear.

I liked Eddie Jones. Good all-around game.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Paging Metapod

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That Kyrie post reads like had a mental break

I know Lebron plays his best when he has a PG who can shoot, but is Kemba the type of guard who needs the ball in his hands at all times?

(I don't necessarily think he signs at home, despite his statement)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rick posted:

"Is he better than Rondo?" is the question with regards to the Lakers signing someone.

I think in a perfect world the Lakers would use this money to plug all the shooting holes in their roster, along with maybe a defensive big man but I don't think they're going to play it like that.

I feel like if Kyrie or Kemba isn't an option they should let Rondo walk and sign Beverly and Butler to improve their D.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I mean I get swinging for the fences but why would they think Kawhi is gonna go the Lakers when the narrative has been about him wanting to to be the guy on wherever he plays? Especially on a team with both KD AND Lebron?

Like, you could at least see himself talking into Lebron since Lebron is getting older and his body is starting to betray him, so Leonard would at least be the focus on the court, but Durant throws a monkeywrench in that regardless of what SAS thinks of him. He gets a lot of attention, plays big minutes when healthy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

chunkles posted:

is fusionetics like dianetics :thunk:

It occurs to me, I don't think there any open scientologists in pro sports, which is weird given how much money changes hands in the big 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kibner posted:

Rick, I think the trade you posted on Twitter is pretty dang great:

I'm not excited about Jackson, but Beal and two draft picks with high probability of turning into rotation players is incredible.

That's a solid trade for the Suns, gets them a PG who knows how to run a drat offence, gets rid of a guy who is unfortunately probably a bust, plus adds a rotation guy to a team with incredibly poor depth.