Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Bucks look pretty locked in to their current core BUT if they let Middleton and Mirotic walk and trade away Illyasova, without taking more than 3.5m back, they would have max space. (you could also trade away Snell instead of Illyasova, but I think that'd be too difficult I don't see who takes on that contract).

How about Kyrie playing next to Giannis? That would be an incredible fit and he'd be much better for them than MIddleton was this season. Not sure where that leaves Bledsoe, probably you package him early in the season to get someone to play the 3 now Middleton has gone (perhaps Covington in Minnesota? They need a point guard).

Sadly I'm not sure Kyrie would be interested in going to Milwaukee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Giannis is the superstar we deserve https://theathletic.com/1001604/201...urce=dailyemail

The Athletic posted:

“I thought about how LeBron starts the season or Kawhi or all these guys, KD (Kevin Durant); have you ever seen how they start the season?” Antetokounmpo said. “Did you see the way I started the season? I was like, ‘I’m running through the loving wall.’ I’m just like, ‘AHHHHHHHHHH.’

The Athletic posted:

“Now, every day in my head, I’m seeing Gasol double-team me,” Antetokounmpo said. “You think I’m joking, but I’m not. I’m not seeing anybody else. I don’t care who’s guarding me. Give me a name. Thaddeus Young. All I’m seeing is Kawhi, Gasol coming because I know that. When I get to that situation, it might not be them. It might be (Joel) Embiid. Ben Simmons guarding me, Embiid double- teaming, but that’s what I’m seeing now. That’s what I feel like I have to do better.”

“And, thank you. Thank you, because Gasol and Kawhi made me a better player. I’m not trying to be sarcastic. I’m being honest. They’re going to push me to be better. You gotta use this year as motivation. You cannot just come here and mope around.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

That Cavs 2018 team was a pile of poo poo, but the Rockets that year were built specifically to defeat the Warriors and I think there's only so much clever defensive scheming you can do against a team whose one strategy is 'give it to Lebron'.

Rockets in 6

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

MourningView posted:

I dunno that I buy that they outright told him he's not a priority but I could believe they told him they were looking at other point guards and he might not be be back. They'd be dumb not to try to upgrade the position given how awful he was last year. He was also pretty pissed off that they tried to trade him at the deadline.

They probably told him 'we would like you back, but we won't be offering you a contract on day one of free agency'. Anyone can read between the lines on that one as 'not a priority'.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

First season in Utah everyone seemed to love him, this season everyone has been down on him. I don't really get it, he's still the same player and the team is still just as good when he's on the floor.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Crabbe isn't very good, but he makes sense as a guy to stand in the weakside corner of a Trae pick and roll ready to catch and shoot if the defence collapses.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

I’d say who can put together a deal that creates a contender day 1 on a rental but I don’t think anyone really thought Toronto had done that last year so who fucken knows really

I think a fair few people did, me for one. If people knew Kawhi would be this healthy then I think they would have been seen as the favourite in the east. Actually maybe not, because the Celtics has insane hype on the preseason.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

I think you were wrong, if you did think that, because I think they would not be here without Gasol

I was wrong indeed, because at the time I didn't like the Gasol trade! I thought Gasol had a hot six week start and then his very pertinent dip in Memphis from December onwards was proof he was nearly finished, plus I thought they may need Delon Wright in the playoffs (which seems super silly now).

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

I like Ingram a lot more than most it seems, if the Lakers could get Davis and not give him up then I'd jump all over it. Kuzma is never going to be a defender at an important defensive position and I don't fully trust his shooting, Hart is a solid rotation guy but the kind of player a contender can pick up for the MLE most off-seasons (assuming you have a competent front office), Ball is never going to be a playoff player unless he fixes his horrible shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Crosspost from N/V but just making sure people see

:siren: I made the free agency prediction challenge thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3891903 :siren: