Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

I think the 3 point line should be abolished, this is a completely objective take not at all influenced by my team having Rudy Gobert on it

Out of curiosity, how did the Jazz end up being your team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

Iowa doesn't have one and they were good in NBA Jam

Good enough reason as any!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rick posted:

Welcome Pacer fans. You did not deserve to be the only swept team.

So far. Bucks could sweep the Pistons tomorrow.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shaq's outfit :allears:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi Thunder

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rick posted:

How are people this awful/stupid??

"Conservatives are for lesser people"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chunkles posted:

i'm surprised it hasn't improved at all. i mean i guess there are always 4chan type idiots and no company has shown any ability to moderate any online community. but id think the general trend would be towards less of that following society in general.

Someone posted this elsewhere:

Discendo Vox posted:

Video games, like a lot of tech-mediated cultural spaces, were areas principally available on a large scale to those benefiting of privilege. The people who succeeded in those spaces, and who were born of those demographics, reflected that cultural space and the identities and bigotries (race and gender, and all other axes) of the people who created it. They became the next generation of leading creators and tastemakers, an ouroboros of wealthy white sheltered boys growing up on and creating new power fantasies for themselves and their successors. This was basically an engine for perpetuating peter pan cultural norms into game development, which produced more masculine white power fantasy for its core userbase, which then voted with their dollars for more of the same. Until the market broadened enough for the less lovely to benefit and for capital to see an alternative target audience.

On top of it the timing coincided with the rise of especially powerful/wealthy horrible bigot techlords, and included media control, and included mediated intentional racist outreach.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi Boston

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DeimosRising posted:

How many of those 17 point leads do the Blazers give up with Nurkic?

Maybe 1

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi :sadwave:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/C2_Cooper/status/1135958645898960898

My offseason hope has begun today. The Pacers included in rumors.

They'll never land anyone, but to be included is nice.

Pace yourself buddy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How many athletes will ever have a comparable career to him, at least in longevity.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

morestuff posted:

Hockey has a fair amount of dudes like Messier

That's true, but I'd say Jagr more than Messier. Baseball also tends to have players last a long time, but it's also due to the fact it's not as high impact as the other three majors sports (but it's a much longer season).

For what it's worth, Jagr also had more epic hair :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi Golden State :wave: