Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Rick posted:

I absolutely agree about threes being too important. It just isn't as fun to watch people shoot a shot so many times that they miss 60% or more of the time.

It's the sort of thing that I don't know how they get back in the box though.

Like maybe if they did something crazy like ban defenders from the paint, it would push people towards attacking the basket more. Also could lead to cool dunks. But also could lead to very slow games due to defenses violating this all the time.

It would indeed be crazy, as NBA games would end 398-396.

The 3PAr is fine, and there's almost certainly more cool dunks now than there's ever been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Woah, I didn't realize the Bulls had locked down the "at least a few mediocre rebounders" part of their rebuild! If they can manage to get 2 or 3 guys who can score 10 pts in 3 out of 5 games next season, they should be all set.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Rick posted:

Grunfeld sounds like the nicest dude on Earth, and he must be considering how long he got to do the job that being nice usually gets taken advantage of.

It is weird though that didn't attract free agents, even if the team is bad it seems chill.

I'm sure it would have been attractive to guys who weren't super into being on competitive teams (coincidentally, like most of Washington's players the last decade or so), but I think most players are competitive and realize that having some discipline and accountability helps them win. You don't work your rear end off to get to Kevin Durant's level and then in your prime decide you want to take it easy y'know?

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

The only thing I have for my offseason plan is max out Butler, he’s the engine that makes the team go

He really is. Sixers lose that game by 15 if he isn't there.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

What is wrong with Booker's forehead? How does he get instagram models lining up when he's got a crease in his head like that?

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Is it a stain from a hat or bandana?

Could be a partial sun burn while he was wearing a hat pulled down low? Man, that's a rookie move...

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Metapod posted:

this has nothing to do with ball but look at this poo poo

Is that the view out your bedroom window? :aaa:

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

The Maestro posted:

Lol I thought the same thing

I had a vision about the Kings. It might be far off, but if I don’t put it down and it ends up coming true, I’ll be devastated.

They commit to playing Bagley at the 4 and Giles (who is the next Jokic level passing big man, so you know) as the backup center. Cauley-Stein walks (maybe the Sixers pick him up as backup C but comedy option there is Noel). Sign Vucevic to a big ol contract to play 30 mins a game, and unfortunately Barnes opts out and re-signs for more.

Now they’re looking at Fox-buddy-barnes-Bagley-vuc, with Bogdan son of Bogdan, Giles, and Bjelica coming off the bench. With Bogie running the offense, we need a nominal pg/bench gunner. (Re)Enter Isaiah Thomas at near the minimum. Maybe we keep Yogi on, but Frank Mason is gone. That’s as far as I’ve gotten, I think. Mind you, it’s not what I want to happen, but it’s where my mind wandered.

If this is the level of detail you get when you're mind is just wandering, imagine what you could accomplish if you actually focused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Quizzlefish posted:

I saw a SBNation article about the Blazers trading Meyers Leonard and Mo Harkless plus a late first for Kevin Love. It seems pretty pie in the sky but think that the Cavs would give up Love just for expiring contracts?

Is Love at salary dump level?

That was initially going to be a sarcastic question, but after looking at his numbers this season, now it's a legit question.