Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Declan MacManus posted:

man that’s gonna be a miserable overtime

you mean you don't wanna see the ballboy put a couple of shots up against the arena crew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Danny Ainge is paying for his crime against humanity

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was really impressed with how Houston rallied this year, obviously behind a generational performance by Harden. The bench rounded into form this year but I wonder if shaking the table and moving Capela's big salary for someone else on the wing will be the next move. Capela's value is a double edged sword since a ton of his offense is helped by having CP3 and Harden create looks for him so that's a risk any acquiring team has to assume. Good defense at the 5 is always hard to replace but with Tucker able to go to the 5 in their closeout lineups I don't think it'll matter too much

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

G-Hawk posted:

I'd be really reluctant to move Capela, he obviously had a rough series but he is generally crucial to this Houston team and has played well in the playoffs in the past. His salary isn't really a problem at all, its a good deal. He is certainly Houston's biggest trade chip, but he does a ton for this team, and I wouldn't want to move him unless its in a deal for some sort of all star, which as you mentioned, Capela's value is probably lower to other teams. I don't think Tucker can play the 5 against most teams, and Houston's defense during the season was shocking when Capela was out, it was like a free run at the basket.

He may not be the best piece against the Warriors in particular, but how far do you want to go building a team solely to beat the Warriors when, especially if Durant leaves, they're likely not the only or possibly even biggest challenge next year.

I agree, I didn't realize Capela was going to stay in the 15-20M range for his deal. that's way better. I think Houston will probably keep him, for what it's worth. Run it back one more time with this core and you probably go further if the Warriors break up after this year

I don't doubt Daryl Morey's ability to work cap magic

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The only thing I have for my offseason plan is max out Butler, he’s the engine that makes the team go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Masai trampled the Knicks twice on his way to building a contender and a champion

Give that man a blank check and he’d fix the Wizards