Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

Welcome to the Denver Nuggets. An impressive leap forward for a team so young. You hate to say “well they will get it in the future” because you can never predict what will happen but throw certainly are set up for the years to come.

Great to be here. Would love to have more than 1.75 good players next season.

Even if MPJ is a good rookie next season he won’t be “help a team push from the second round to the third” good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Papercut posted:

I assume the team is picking up Milsap's option?

The nice thing is that as long as you have Jokic, you'll be in the mix. And he's about as easy to build around as a player can get.

Millsap is a difficult question. $30m is a lot of money, and during the regular season he honestly wasn’t that great. Will he be able to have another playoffs as good as this one when he’s another year older? Dunno. They’ll probably try to find a truly great wing in free agency, and if no one will sign with them, they’ll pick up Millsap for another year. Maybe they’ll turn it down and resign him for like 20 instead, idk. The Kroenkes are gonna be cheapasses no matter what.

The most under-the-radar guy I’m excited for is Malik Beasley. He’s had some flashes of brilliance and he attempts chaos dunks at every opportunity. He’s probably too small to ever be an effective defender on other 2s, though, and next to Murray that’s even worse.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Connelly is overrated, and I think their good drafting in years past is due to their excellent overall scouting instead of his decision-making.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Someone more objective tell me how excited I should be about Michael Porter Jr’s rookie year. Are there recent cases of draft picks missing their first seasons when they weren’t first overall picks? Am I crazy for thinking he has a good shot at first team rookie (because let’s be honest Zion is practically a lock for RoY)?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Bucks had a hell of a team this year. Hope you can find some solace in your MVP who’s about to get next level unreal paid

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

Speaking of MWP, he is training Kyle Kuzma for defense this summer which is a brand new work out guru but a potentially interesting one, like it's easier to teach defense than it is to teach what Hakeem and Kobe are doing.

I looked him up and he’s player development coach for the G league. I’m happy for him, I really hope that his substance and mental health issues are under control in a sustainable way

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'd like to believe that Ricky can play better than he did in Utah. He was one of the best passers in the league when he was in Minnesota, even if he didn't do much else on offense. I miss his crazy no-looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_NA7xIlo6Q

edit: ahhh this is the one I was thinking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S68Pp4o0cg

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 3, 2019

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Masai: "so what I'm saying is you really need us as the fifth team to make the salaries w- hold on a second"

*puts hat on as confetti rains down* "THANK YOU TO THE FANS, BRINGING THIS TROPHY TO TORONTO MEANS SO MUCH, CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR"

"-okay sorry bout that anyway we have way more to offer than Minnesota for you on this,"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

MourningView posted:

Trading Beal without getting any first rounders back would be extremely dumb but they're the wizards so

I guess it depends on how good you project Kuz and Ingram being. But I’m with you, it doesn’t seem great for them. I’d assume their priorities include dumping Wall?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Rick, your trade is coming true

https://mobile.twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/status/1139203535214665728?s=21&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

humpthewind posted:

I saw a post on Facebook comparing the first six seasons of Arenas vs Curry and the numbers were eerily similar. Can someone with more bball ref skill show me the comp?

I’m phoneposting but the answers shouldn’t surprise you

Steph takes many more three pointers as a % of FGs (33 as a rookie to 48 in his sixth year), teammates rely on his assists more, he uses fewer possessions, and he turns it over much more (which just from the territory of playing more like a PG and less like a combo guard, which is no shade at Arenas, just different playstyles)

Arenas’s numbers were WAY closer to Kyrie’s

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

humpthewind posted:

I wonder if the number of kobe assists Gil created helped close the assist gap

The Wizards got 12.8 OREB/100 pos in 06-07 above the league median of 12.2. Your post establishes as law that this advantage is due to Gil and no one else, so if you consider an OREB to be worth one point, that’s a marginal 0.6 points via Kobe assists/100 pos above the average team. Let’s assume he only assists on 2s to make it easier, so that’s .3 assists per 100 that Gil DESERVES to have tacked on to that season. That takes him from 7.7 to 8.0.

Curry had 11.6/100 in his sixth seasons but we’re arguing in bad faith since it’s the internet so let’s compare that to his rookie year 7.8 assists/100 instead. A loving CHUMP NUMBER. Gil easily wins again

You also have to account for him being held back by that hideous mid-2000s Wizards logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Masai on the Wizards would be able to trade Wall and a second round draft pick for the Empire State Building with free shipping for it to go on the national mall