Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
do you still get called every slur imaginable playing Electronic Sports. i quit playing online video games after cs:go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i'm surprised it hasn't improved at all. i mean i guess there are always 4chan type idiots and no company has shown any ability to moderate any online community. but id think the general trend would be towards less of that following society in general.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

the best basketball team of all time is the bulls team when nate robinson defeated the brooklyn nets

i will always remember The Puke Game

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

the second photo is a different game

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

edit wrong thread

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

chunkles posted:

edit wrong thread

it turned out to be the right thread after all

i'd just like to let you all know that i've learned nothing from this. rockets 2020 nba champs baby

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Thanks for the cool positive post Rick. And yeah foochs buddy we got to get you a better life starting this weekend so you can enjoy the round ball in hoop game with ironic detachment.

This team took a bit of a step back this year, it was cool to see them rally towards the end of the season and I was not expecting them to beat the Jazz as handily as they did, think luck played a role there.

Trading Capela would be pretty crazy at this point. I don't think two bad playoffs is quite enough to trade a 24 year old on a good salary although that big wet fart he laid this series is particularly bad. That said it's hard to see who else could be the centerpiece of a big trade for them, so it might happen.

It would be nice to see them address the kind of play that caused them to lose to lineups with Shaun Livingston and Quin Cook and poo poo. Jimmy isoball works well for them generally but I would like to see them add some real motion sets. In particular I think that Crisp Paul contract is bad but it's not going to be like, John Wall bad unless he gets terribly injured (quite possible) or they keep having him play like James Harden when Harden sits. If we could actually generate some open shots and passing lanes for him I think he could still be a good contributor. He was beastly last night for a 34 year old not named LeBron.

Hard to see a path to improvement this offseason but then they were total trash to the start of the season and ended up being a homecourt team so we'll see. I'm actually not in FIRE/TRADE anyone mode right now although I am concerned the new owner is a cheap gently caress.

In summation, we would have won this series if we had kept Zhou Qi

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rick posted:

Welcome to the Denver Nuggets. An impressive leap forward for a team so young. You hate to say “well they will get it in the future” because you can never predict what will happen but throw certainly are set up for the years to come.

that was a hell of good season. to go from missing the playoffs to one game from WCF. probably the most fun likable WC team too

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

dragan bender did not live up to his name tools

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i cant believe lamar odom would disgrace usa athletics by using the dangerous and extremely performance enhancing drug known as marihuana

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

since the rockets arent gonna contend for a 'chip can we just do this and get it written in that they have to play actually fun like they did the first d'antoni season here

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Someone more objective tell me how excited I should be about Michael Porter Jr’s rookie year. Are there recent cases of draft picks missing their first seasons when they weren’t first overall picks? Am I crazy for thinking he has a good shot at first team rookie (because let’s be honest Zion is practically a lock for RoY)?

a one joel embiid

e: dang beat.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

The Rockets fired Bzdelik, the assistant coach supposedly responsible for defense. I'm pretty surprised. Of course it's impossible for us to quantify an asst coaches impact from the outside but the fact that the Rockets started out trash poo poo garbage and then ended up putting together an alright defense after he came back seems like a fairly strong signal. Capela turning into a pumpkin is probably the big reason they couldnt keep it together in the playoffs

Also phone posting is insane how do you people do this

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I can’t remember the last time I posted from anything larger than a tablet.

Yeah but you're a poet and a scholar mate

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

They FIRED the guy who retired, and then returned mid season when they begged him?

I dunno if they begged him or he decided retirement wasn't for him and wanted his spot back. Either way I guess it wasn't working. I know Harden made some cryptic dramatic statements after their elimination, maybe he hated ol Jefferino or something, we'll probably never know

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm the guy who gave Harden a first team all-defense vote btw

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Morey is losing his damned mind.

all must be done as the Model demands it, sbmh.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

morestuff posted:

gently caress

kemba seems like a rad dude.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

i just remembered the existence of tyler hands bro and i looked up to see what he's up to and he's professionally elbowing people in the Chinese league.

heres the greatest thing bro hands was ever involved in

this gif doesnt quite capture it but he turns around to throw down with whoever's behind him then realizes it's ron artest

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

lionel hollins seems like just the guy to bring some joy and levity to the lakers

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

pj tucker provides Veteran Leadership

https://twitter.com/adamspolane/status/1136298981514993665?s=21

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

is fusionetics like dianetics :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

interesting that bud has reversed the curse of the pop coaching tree.