Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

drat I just found this thread

What to even say about the Magic

It was all worth it for a playoff win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Ayton out here looking like Dr. Jacobi from twin peaks and spider jerusalem had a baby that got paid illegally by nike. This instantly makes me like him more

Lmbo wow

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Skal reminds me a lot of a softer lower bball iq Yi Jianlian

He could really be a special player if he could ever learn to play at game speed. If Bruno can do it after 4 years maybe he can too.

That’s fucken savage lol

MourningView posted:

Melton is the probably the best player in that trade long term, that was a pretty good deal for the Suns, I think

No one involved is ever contributing so what were the money implications?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't think there's any plot to explain. In the first one he kills a bunch of guys because some gangsters kill his dog. Then in the second one we're whisked into a whimsical assassin world and he kills like 200 guys with close range pistol shots and so on. It's just like an over the top Thai action movie combined with the scenes people liked from the first matrix, without the subtext about discovering your true gender identity

Declan MacManus posted:

honestly just watch the third one and if you love it go back and watch the first two

it’s a gunkata fever dream

Yeah

NickRoweFillea posted:

Rick you owe it to yourself to watch the first two, either before or after you watch three. Just make sure you watch them, because they are good.

But also yeah

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

if you want to get into the complex mythology of why john wick is killing all of these people, it is because they are "bad guys"

Specifically, they are kill puppy guys

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

How many of those 17 point leads do the Blazers give up with Nurkic?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

The Rockets fired Bzdelik, the assistant coach supposedly responsible for defense. I'm pretty surprised. Of course it's impossible for us to quantify an asst coaches impact from the outside but the fact that the Rockets started out trash poo poo garbage and then ended up putting together an alright defense after he came back seems like a fairly strong signal. Capela turning into a pumpkin is probably the big reason they couldnt keep it together in the playoffs

Also phone posting is insane how do you people do this

They FIRED the guy who retired, and then returned mid season when they begged him?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Between this and the comments about Vogel yesterday, I don't think Jason Hart wants to be there any more.

https://twitter.com/LakeShowCP/status/1131372352653029376?s=19

Did he think they were gonna cap out extending their current roster?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

It's not deep pockets, they have no bird rights on Lopez. They either need to get creative or Lopez needs to take a pay cut next season.

They picked up a ton of roleplayers who never got an off-season, you have to figure guys like Mirotic will gel much better next year (if they can keep him)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Yeah totally agree. If they can just roll the entire squad back I'd do that, but with Lopez they'll need some help to get him back (and I think he's really important).

They have some flexibility, like you probably don’t need Irsan Ilyasova and Mirotic on the same team, but yeah Lopez is the big question

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kibner posted:

I don't really have an opinion on this, yet, but it may be worth some thought:

https://twitter.com/jcraw55/status/1133325959531311106

Wow Jordan Crawford and Rod Strickland are mad the league no longer gives infinite leash to undersized 2 guards who do nothing but isolate into a 15 foot jumper

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think that this thinking is illustrative of other player thinking! think melo all star votes. Having a set of moves is skill. playing winning basketball, anybody can do that

Yeah, and I totally get it - until this recent generation of rich kid legacy players and lab grown, aau raised government experiments these guys learned to play on neighborhood courts from streetball guys and they valued that one on one game as an expression of your individual power as a player. Don’t call fouls, be tough, break dudes down with crossovers and guard them by hitting them

It’s definitely painful to be pushed out of the league by people playing in exactly the way you were taught was bullshit, and weakness

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Declan MacManus posted:

also one time he dunked on lebron when that meant something and then nike tried to confiscate the tapes

I can still picture the video in my head, and how hilarious it was they thought a practice dunk in an empty gym was worth going full memory hole over

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Glumslinger posted:

I still think they need to throw a big contract at Brook Lopez to space the court for them

They don’t really have a big contract to throw, do they?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hahahah morey is melting down that their window is closing and he went all in with no future flexibility and he’s going to scuttle the whole thing

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Declan MacManus posted:

they have one (1) extremely tradeable asset in capela’s contract and i guess an expiring gordon but they’d have to replace two very significant rotation pieces and also find someone to take on cp3’s monster contract which lmao

signing cp3 looked okay at the time but in hindsight was a bad call with harden coming off a great season running point under d’antoni

I think it was fine. They were a game away from likely winning a championship over Cleveland last year. It was just an absolutely 100% all in on the next two years and drat the consequences move and well, now they gotta drat some consequences

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

there's no way they take it over even that half dead Cleveland team

I mean there’s no transitive property in basketball but they took GS to 7 and GS swept Cleveland without having to try hard

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

We are talking about the rockets without Chris Paul right, Cavs in 5

LeBron by himself took a worse team to 6 games against a better team in 2015

I was assuming their win would mean he dodged injury for the moment actually

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Declan MacManus posted:

you’re assuming the lakers and clippers strike out in free agency (very possible) and that okc treads water in the regular season without making any moves (less likely)

and also that the jazz don’t get any better i guess

Nurkic/Love/Aminu/McCollum/Lillard is crazy good. They’d have some questions on the bench at that point but if that goes into the playoffs healthy no one is sweeping them. Rockets have likely peaked, Jazz have some big question marks in terms of what that roster will be next year, OKC and SAS have limited flexibility. Any of those teams could make a move, but if he plays 60+ games Love is probably the best piece any of them could realistically pick up.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

What’s their situation even like? Can they get to 2 maxes? Would they dump dinwiddie in this scenario?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

got some chores tonight posted:

kyrie probably knows kd tore his achilles and doesnt want to deal with a max contract that doesnt play

Kyrie DEFINITELY believes he and/or his guru have healing hands so nah

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

To answer your ? Deimos, without moving Dinwiddie they would need to:

-Trade Crabbe while taking no salary back, which probably means moving at least one of the #17,#27,or #31 picks.
-Renounce rights to Russell.

That gets you to slightly above $71 million I think.

edited because I'm a dumbass.

So if they moved dinwiddie and took back a first (let’s say the suns are bluffing or someone else makes a move) they’re probably around 60 depending on the rookie slot and would need to make another move. That said, Allen/Durant/LeVert, someone/Kyrie is a pretty good starting 5.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Things will never be the same

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chilihead posted:

Isn't there rules with salary in trades? What am i missing here? I'm guessing there is another player the Hawks are trading with a team option.
Seriously because the Magic have one Timothy Mozgov and the 16th pick. please someone,anyone take him!

Hawks are under the cap so the salaries don’t need to match, they can absorb the extra

Orlando has no reason to do that, because they aren’t getting a star with that money and probably plan to be bad next year

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chilihead posted:

Trust me, they are not planning to be bad next year and if they could do the same thing with Mozgov they would.
It's ironic that we are the ones stuck with Mozgov and the Nets have the cap space and Russell.
SMDH!

I don’t see how any of hammond’s moves so far would give you that impression

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kingcobweb posted:

I guess it depends on how good you project Kuz and Ingram being. But I’m with you, it doesn’t seem great for them. I’d assume their priorities include dumping Wall?

Two good young guys who aren’t good enough to prevent a tank seems medium acceptable. They’ve got a long road ahead because it seems unlikely the Wall contract will be moveable until it’s shorter

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I’d say who can put together a deal that creates a contender day 1 on a rental but I don’t think anyone really thought Toronto had done that last year so who fucken knows really

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

tanglewood1420 posted:

I think a fair few people did, me for one. If people knew Kawhi would be this healthy then I think they would have been seen as the favourite in the east. Actually maybe not, because the Celtics has insane hype on the preseason.

I think you were wrong, if you did think that, because I think they would not be here without Gasol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

tanglewood1420 posted:

I was wrong indeed, because at the time I didn't like the Gasol trade! I thought Gasol had a hot six week start and then his very pertinent dip in Memphis from December onwards was proof he was nearly finished, plus I thought they may need Delon Wright in the playoffs (which seems super silly now).

Just goes to show knowing things about stuff is v hard

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I mean they asked if he would do it to build a contender. He knows that’s not on the table.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

He was hurt this year, but I think the sketch of the player he is came through. He can run, and make crazy crosscourt passes, he can defend and rebound. He can not run an offense in the half court and he cannot shoot or score at the basket

So he’s...second year Rondo? But taller and with smaller hands, and can shoot threes if extremely way the gently caress wide open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Rondo could score at the rim, but Lonzo is a better (more versatile at least) defender and I think a little less likely to bonehead your team like young Rondo could.

Yeah I intended (but did not say) that his big hands explain his better finishing