Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
No, thank you for paying your taxes.

This is the only veteran oriented place online or off that I use, mainly because almost all of the rest of them are poisonous to anyone who isn't a zealot for the United States and its policies. It's nice to have people with one shared background that are mostly civil to each other, and I think that comes from the way this site works in general. The pay wall keeps the crazies out, and the threat of having to spend more money if you're a poo poo head keeps most people on good behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

ManMythLegend posted:

The motto is, "I don't believe in anything I'm just here for the violence," you loving nub. :colbert:

I thought it was "SMDFTB"? Or is that more a mantra?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I would equate people who won't shut up about their military service to people who won't shut up about that one time they went to state in high school football.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

I think it’s important to note that GiP is a pretty thin vertical slice of armed forces members/vets. Most of us are within 5 years of age and basically left the service in a similar window. There are hardly any new people joining gip who enlisted/commissioned.

Because we do a good job job of convincing them not to join up.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

colachute posted:

I am only 95% sure that Mustang is a real person and 5% sure he is another IDR except instead of trying to be Rambo he went the complete opposite direction and is trolling us by living the dumbest military experience possible.

I worked maybe a couple hundred feet from Mustang until last summer and never met the guy, so he could be a mass hallucination by us all.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Glad to help! Hope you get a good mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The Valley Stared posted:

:stare:

I understand that the American education system fails a lot of people, but that sentence is incredibly impressive.

I went to a public high school in the midwest. I was half a credit in history shy of graduating when my final semester rolled around, so I picked the most basic history class just to check the box and continue to be lazy. I had to change it immediately because the first lesson was on Pearl Harbor, and most of the class did not know what it was at all, and when the teacher explained it to the class several people were confused by "how someone could drown in a boat."