Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I think it's some theory of nonsummativity here. Basically, we are stronger together than we are by ourselves.

I used to not be well liked here, and got a lot of poo poo early on because I was deluded. To be fair, I was going through a lot of crazy psychological bullshit. And GiP called me on it.

I don't remember why I came back after I got chased out, but I'm glad I did. I don't talk to any of these people on a single person basis, but I talk with everyone collectively. We recognize our dark humor is part of the charm and know there are just certain lines you don't cross. We fight and argue amongst ourselves over petty bullshit, but everyone does. This family really supports itself by offering a way for people to talk it out. We've also had several unique bonding moments that brought this community closer together by the sheer hilarity of it all. Secret Santa used to be a loving warzone. IDF complained about loving MYPAY (a notoriously slow, broken, and dysfunctional website all service members are required to use, but no one talks about a lot because loving mypay...) before it came out as whatever the gently caress he was. We had a dude apparently go choose to be a freedom fighter in Syria? I'm kinda hazy on that one. The McNally saga too. Always ongoing, always more bad news.

Basically, I think it's this...This isn't about me, or anyone as an individual here. This is about us as a collective of individuals. Our story, not our stories. We all have been mistreated, hosed with, close to death, depressed, overlooked, pissed on, etc. We find solace and comfort in our similarities while being able to keep conflict consistent enough for developmental growth. I don't always agree with people here, but we don't have to. We've experienced a lot of things together that really fosters an environment for us to be supportive and immediately poo poo on the same person in another thread. We want the best for each other.

This community supported me and radically made me a better photographer, were the only ones (besides my wife) that supported my decision to go to college, and helped me apply paradigm shift to a lot of the situations that required a bit more context to see clearly.

I understand what you are talking about in regards to social norms and ethics regarding these forums a bit (I think). I am finishing up my communication studies degree and I remember a lot of small group and org comm stuff being applicable to these forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Can i read it?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sent you a pm

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sarah posted:

It makes it difficult to come back to a normal society when women are looked down on for speaking that way.

A male coworker says gently caress and no one cares; if I say gently caress I get dirty looks from everyone.

gently caress societal norms.