Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
There was an ancient post way back when this forum first started where someone summed it up pretty well about what makes this place different. I remember some of it.

There are military sites where people demand to be called by former rank and if you were or are lower ranking then them they treat you like poo poo. If you are DEP or even just interested forget it they treat you like less than poo poo.

They will absolutely go off on you and hurl insults at you if you aren’t active and question your competency if you ask any question while active.

Way less full blown racists here than Facebook. A lot less weird macho savage poo poo about how if you weren’t a marine rifleman in Falujah during a certain timespan your service was meaningless and a waste of taxpayer money. Flip side of that is no one here does the weird overcompensation of how their service in the Navy reserves from 85-89 was pure national defense and they don’t have wasted money/blood on their hands.

Outsiders are welcome here and through the power of the paywall most are respectful and genuinely curious. A lot less weird 14 year olds screaming about how the power of Jesus will guide them to becoming the ultimate SEAL green beret sniper while making GBS threads on people who are actually in but in jobs that are beneath them.

It really is just a generally much more chill and relaxed atmosphere here where you can bust jokes and get questions answered at the same time without some weirdo misogynist screaming about how babies conceived in the dorms should be aborted because that is something I actually saw today on Facebook.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Cenen works. I really didn’t do the original post justice I just hope that the person who wrote it knows what I’m talking about or someone else remembers it. It was a long time ago though.