Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
This sub forum is exactly what I see at work every day but much younger crowd.

If you walk into my VA and take a seat in the cafeteria you will see veterans who come everyday (not as patients - they have no appointment) to hang out with other veterans just to talk about their service, current events, dumb poo poo, alcohol, drugs, emotional support*, etc. Pretty much everything you can get here, only the conversation is face to face.

The younger crowd hates the VA (at least at mine) and only goes out of necessity. I don’t have the data and probably couldn’t share it anyway, but a recent survey we had was extremely positive of my VA from Vietnam era veterans, and extremely negative from OEF/OIF.

So since we don’t want to go to the one place that you can find people to connect with for support because you hate the establishment, you can go online and connect here.

* I want to make sure I clarify that the conversations I overhear of those seeking/giving emotional support for a range of issues including PTSD, it’s a strictly veteran to veteran interaction, not from a behavioral health employee or other professional provider. Occasionally it does involve employees like myself, but NOT as an employee & patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Is there a good summary of LT Mustangs Army adventure for those of us not of the Hooah persuasion?

Hey you get to work triple the hours as everyone else because you are unmarried and have no children ... your leave is denied because why should you get any you are unmarried and have no children ... also we are all going to go home to our families, you stay here and work, have fun see you laters ~

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

thetechnoloser posted:

I've found my experience in the Army showed that the women adopted the men's coarse languages. A lot of "suck on _this_ cock!" and etcetera. The dopest chicks had the foulest mouths. Guar-an-loving-teed.

It makes it difficult to come back to a normal society when women are looked down on for speaking that way.

A male coworker says gently caress and no one cares; if I say gently caress I get dirty looks from everyone.