Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I mean, y'all get that she's not trying to hide that she's fat, right?

That Wrestlemania outfit was bad because it looked diapery in practice, but her outfits are designed to emphasize her stomach and thighs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I get what she's going for, I just don't think her costume people are doing her good service.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the whole "she shouldn't wear skintight clothes" thing is way off base but Nia's costumes look like someone made them comically bad on purpose. no one thought kharma looked smaller because her gear looked good and complemented her to look more intimidating rather than like a clown. nia needs to look cool instead of dumbassy, in my opinion. After that she should be kept to the tag division because of her skill level, and maybe teamed up with someone significantly better instead of tamina. could really help her out. maybe she could be the boss's bodyguard.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Nia has absolutely zero presence despite her size, it's actually kind of baffling. even the shittiest giants can still have a bit of mystique to them. the ring gear doesn't help, it just makes her look awkward

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If I recall correctly, she designs her gear (including that awful debut gear) so she just has bad taste. Which is odd considering she was a model and has good every day clothes fashion sense.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
https://youtu.be/VhN4O8t8tHc

Austin talking about ring gear getting made. Crazy he says it was all out our pocket for the wrestlers at least in his time

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Liquid Communism posted:

Her WM outfit this year was terrible too. Who looks at a big lady like that and says 'what she needs is brightly colored flaps on her hips to draw the eye to her midsection'.

Edit: Or the outfit from her official cardboard standee:

She badly needs a better costume designer.

John Cena approves.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I personally think she should wrestle in something resembling Bastion Booger's old gear

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Monkeycheese posted:

https://youtu.be/VhN4O8t8tHc

Austin talking about ring gear getting made. Crazy he says it was all out our pocket for the wrestlers at least in his time

The Honky Tonk Man told a story about how he paid, out of pocket, for all those custom jumpsuits that he wore. When he was let go, WWE demanded that he hand over the jumpsuits. He instead gave them the receipts and told them that if they wanted them, they had to reimburse him for the thousands he spent on them.

He got to keep the jumpsuits.

This company is so cheap and petty.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Didn't Ric Flair also pay for all his robes, because he's staggeringly bad at managing money?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A grecian wrestler all oily and nude wondering why no one wants to grab him

Joey Ryan already exists.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

DukeofCA posted:

Didn't Ric Flair also pay for all his robes, because he's staggeringly bad at managing money?

Who else was going to pay for them?

As the Red Rooster, Taylor bought a sequined jacket with "Red Rooster" on the back. When he left for WCW, he had a silver piece of fabric placed over it that read "Terrance Taylor".

It was still covered with sequined chicken wings

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 19, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You can easily steal clothing. the only thing easier to steal is food since you can eat it and then run away without having to conceal anything

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Big ups to Mike Quackenbush for wrestling in his same hideous gear for 1000 years

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sanguinia posted:

Taped fists are cool when they were the fingerless-glove-plus-wristwrap full-on deal, like a b-movie kickboxer. That pick he looks like he got lazy and finished halfway through, but somehow the half was the middle and the start AND end are missing.

Yeah that's weird because he typically has the full glove/wrist getup.

Which is a pretty kickass look, imo. Always my go-to when creating a wrestler/fighting game character.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Not on Punk it's not.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Big ups to Mike Quackenbush for wrestling in his same hideous gear for 1000 years

the whole "garbage bag pants with skintight sleeveless shirt" thing that he and chris hero were doing, god, the worst

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Please tell me I'm misremembering and that the Hardys/Lita never wore wallet chains with their stovepipe JNCOs, that'd be really dangerous even if your wrestling style didn't involve lots of twisty flippy jumping.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davros1 posted:

Not on Punk it's not.

His major appeal was his scrappy, underdog demeanor. It did a lot to help sell that gimmick, especially with the straight edge Xs sharpie'd on them, making it a more personal and unique appearance. Compare that to say, Undertaker/Dreamer and the cheesy-rear end MMA gloves.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The tape is equally cheesy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's freaking going rock climbing, everyone!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Mary Annette posted:

Please tell me I'm misremembering and that the Hardys/Lita never wore wallet chains with their stovepipe JNCOs, that'd be really dangerous even if your wrestling style didn't involve lots of twisty flippy jumping.

I don't know about wallet chains but Jeff definitely wrestled with that big pokey rear end Hardy symbol necklace and I always worried it would get shoved into his throat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know he probably wrapped his feet and/or wore some kind of brace underneath, but I'm still impressed that John Cena wrestled in sneakers for like 15 years and his ankles are still intact.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Benne posted:

I know he probably wrapped his feet and/or wore some kind of brace underneath, but I'm still impressed that John Cena wrestled in sneakers for like 15 years and his ankles are still intact.

He pumped em up before doing any dangerous moves.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

John's ankles and wrists are at least 70% pure HGH by volume

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
The trashbag pants which Tajiri wore in ECW were the only time that that look really popped. Maybe it is just that 1999 ECW Tajiri was so cool idk.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
I also used to really hate a singlet with no legs but looking at Nitro Fit Finlay with modern eyes- it works.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While I’m here I’d like to point to the massive drop in quality of Shinsuke Nakamura’s ring gear from NJPW to WWE. Also everything else. I considered him one of the top 3 of all time and now he doesn’t even loving register on my scale, what the gently caress.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Benne posted:

Dude can squat 600 lbs. His ankles are strong as gently caress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

While I’m here I’d like to point to the massive drop in quality of Shinsuke Nakamura’s ring gear from NJPW to WWE. Also everything else. I considered him one of the top 3 of all time and now he doesn’t even loving register on my scale, what the gently caress.

Basically he knew this is the level he was going to be at in NJPW by now (mid-card tag match guy) and he can get paid more for it by WWE, plus he gets to live by the ocean and surf when he's not working.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you dress for your push, then gently caress you...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dress for the push you want.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

UK Indies have a thousand guys dressed like generic sleazebag bikers/metalheads, and it's just the most incredibly boring look.

On the absolutely owns scale of things, Pentagon Jr

https://statics-sportskeeda-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/statics.sportskeeda.com/editor/2018/09/38ad0-1536961419-800.jpg

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Taintrunner posted:

He's milking Vince for cash while doing as little actual wrestling as humanly possible. It's a great strategy given his age and medical history and honestly I'm glad he's got such a tight grift going. What he's doing now doesn't diminish his older work.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spuckuk posted:

UK Indies have a thousand guys dressed like generic sleazebag bikers/metalheads, and it's just the most incredibly boring look.

On the absolutely owns scale of things, Pentagon Jr

https://statics-sportskeeda-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/statics.sportskeeda.com/editor/2018/09/38ad0-1536961419-800.jpg

how did you manage to link that image in such a way that it downloads when i clicked on it

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Team_q posted:

Talk of ring gear makes me thing of Jeff Jarret's weird rear end strip shirts:

Can't ever unsee JJ trying to squeeze into this outfit at the Royal Rumble :S

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He's milking Vince for cash while doing as little actual wrestling as humanly possible. It's a great strategy given his age and medical history and honestly I'm glad he's got such a tight grift going. What he's doing now doesn't diminish his older work.

Besides, New Japan has a sexy weirdo throwing knee strikes as the IC champ right now. It's like he never left!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Wrestlers going from the thigh-length trunks to the brief trunks always bothers me. Recent examples include Rusev and Ziggler. They both looked better in shorty shorts instead of booty shorts.

I’d also include Jericho going from pants to trunks here, but that was sort of a heel turn thing (he should go back to pants. Boo me if you wish)

Conversely I’d hate to see like, DBry go to thigh length, though I’d also like to see him return to the plain burgundy.

Riddle’s lack of gear skeeves me the gently caress out. Put on some boots or wrap your ankles or something, anything.

Punk’s WWE gear ruled and you’re all stupid for poo poo talking it.

Michael Hayes wearing JNCOs is ring gear perfection.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jericho has gone back to pants. He wrestles in jeans, basically now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Wasn't it Vince that wanted Jericho in trunks, anyway? I think the same thing happened to The Miz.