Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
I say use one Wild die as Medical, one as Command, use the two Away Team Command to claim Reassigned, use the Away Team Science to claim the Sensor Probe, use the Away Team Medical to complete the objective, and use the shipboard Medical to cure our crew in Sickbay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Lock the command die and the two wild dice on Kirk. Use a medical to cure the crew in sickbay. Wait another turn, hopefully to get the extra command dice needed to claim Kirk.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.

FredMSloniker posted:

You can't lock away team Crew Dice on a card. You could turn them into Command Dice and hold them for next turn, though. (The difference being that they'd be occupying the away team Command Stations.)

That still sounds reasonable to me.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
We need four more command to claim Kirk. Thankfully we have two command, one wild die, and three science. We can grab Kirk with those and use our medical to cure a crew.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Spend two Command to claim Reassigned. Use the remaining Command to convert a Security to Engineering. Spend three Engineering to grab Dilithium Deposits. Spend one Medical to Cure. Lock 1 Science on Science Station.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
I think we should end here, because pushing on yet more means we're likely to lose one of the valuable Personnel cards we just drew. We can pick up Mr. Scott and Dr. McCoy in the next mission.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
I think inflateablefish's plan is the best we can do here.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Claim McCoy, use two Security to smite one Raider, complete the mission.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.

inflatablefish posted:

Wow, this episode is going right down to the wire!

Spend 3 Medical to claim McCoy.
Spend 2 Security to tell a Raider that his call is important to us and thank you for holding.
Use Kirk to change 1 Command to 1 Security and clear scanners.
Lock 1 Command for next turn.

What inflateablefish said, since my suggestion didn't work and I misread how many Command dice we had.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Let the extra die go to quarters. Use the two Command dice to convert the Engineering dice to Security. Use two Security to destroy a raider, use one to clear scanners, use Science to raise shields. If it's possible to use the 'use any three as one other die type' with Kirk, McCoy, and Scotty, get one more Security to clear scanners again. Complete the mission.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.

FredMSloniker posted:

It is not. They provide extra Command/Medical/Engineering, not extra Command/Medical/Engineering Dice. For instance, you can't leave Kirk's Command locked onto a partially completed card, and you can't Reassign McCoy.

In that case, let's just do without the extra die cleared from scanners.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Use Kirk to Command the Medical die to be an Engineering die. Use McCoy to heal the die in Sickbay. Use two Engineering to Travel. Thankfully, we should have more dice to work with next turn. Discard Medical Tricorder and use a Command die to claim Rousing Speech, in the hopes of cycling through to more useful development cards. Use Reassigned to reroll the Security die, in hopes of getting a Science die out of it; if so, penetrate the Romulan cloak.

E: Oh, just ignore this, I forgot all about us having Sulu.

nweismuller fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 14, 2019

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Use the Corbomite Maneuver to evade the hull breach. We can use two Engineering as one Security, so use the two Engineering and one Security we have to blow the Romulan out of the notional water. Use two Medical and one Science to raise shields. Use two Engineering to claim Engineering Kit, mostly to cycle developments in search of Better Things, but we can use the Engineering Kit to clear the Hull Breach next turn. Use our two Command to progress with the actual mission.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
As Technowolf said, but instead of using both Command to change Engineering into Security, change only one Engineering into Security, then use two Engineering as Security, as one can do with Engineering. Then Clear Sensors with both Security, and use the leftover Command to claim Rousing Speech.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Use two Medical as one Science; use two Science to raise shields. Use Kirk to convert one Command to one Security; use two Security to clear scanners. Use our remaining Command and three Engineering to claim Dilithium Deposits and clear Tribbles. We can afford to spend an extra turn here; we have the Dilithium to buy us time, and and better to clear out some of these events and reclaim dice from the Threat Level to give us more to work with.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Honestly, if you just transposed inflateablefish's use of the words 'Engineering' and 'Medical', it's a perfectly workable plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Spend our Dilithium Deposits. Use the Away Team Command to change the Away Team Medical to Science. Use Kirk to change the other shipboard Command to Science. Spend two Engineering on the ship and two Away Team Science to claim Uhura. Use the Wild Die and the shipboard Science to clear Quarantine. Use Scotty and the Away Team Engineering to repair hull. Use the Away Team Security to clear scanners. Draw the Event and progress the mission.