Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Hogge Wild posted:

make :nice: or :byobnice: smilie and i will buy it

okay so we have options

assuming we're going for the walgreen's "Nice!" (which I guess we don't necessarily need to)

here is with a white bg, 20 pixels high to match the yospos one:

here it is transparent:

I left in the "TM" symbol (which isn't really readable) but that could go

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

here's a slightly improved transparent one, the crop is better:

Manifisto

Resting Lich Face posted:

the trademark's gotta go tbh

whatever people want

personally I sort of like it, in that it's clear we are mocking the ridiculous trademark

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

agreedo on the trademark symbol needing to disappear tho; that thing visually intrusive.

hamjobs posted:

ok that makes sense then.

eh I really don't feel strongly, here's one without:

since this is hogge's idea maybe it should be hogge's call?

Manifisto

prepuce repurposed posted:

i wonder if there's a way we could make this smiley just a tad more byob in some way

too big? the byobuddy is barely visible as it is

another option:

Manifisto

oooorrrr . . .

Manifisto

Karate Bastard posted:

Are "nice" and "byobnice" the same thing, or different things, at a spiritual level?

ya, they're different

I think sa could use a general-utility "nice" smilie that's not yospos or byob specific

don't get me wrong, I think a byob version might be cool, but it feels like a lot is going on when you're trying to jam byob into the mix

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Hogge Wild posted:

very nice suggestions so far!

btw, does anyone know the max size?

when i click the 'purchase smilie' link it says:

10kB max, up to 90x25px
Allowed types: GIF, PNG, JPG

but i don't know if it can be trusted, and admins can approve larger ones. i think that i'll ask an admin what would be ok

maybe the smilie could have a byobish background colour and the text with a different byobish colour

e: sent a pm to an admin

I'm happy to do more variations and work within whatever limitations apply. having done a few concepts now though I guess I'd prefer for you to let me know with some specificity what you're looking for. if the goal is a specifically byob-themed smiley, cool I'll focus on that. byob colors is cool but is that with or without byobuddy? the smaller the smilie the harder it will be to recognize.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

okay well for reference this one is 25x90 and 2.52k:

Manifisto

this one is 25x86 and less than 1K:

Manifisto

same dimensions, even smaller file size, switching up the color palette:

Manifisto

yadda yadda yadda

Manifisto

last one I think unless there is a request for another variation

Adbot