Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Bouncer- your choice to do them or not. I just was repeating what I’ve heard in other LPs.

Youda- it’s nice to see him again. That’s all I have to say about that. I didn’t really like the cabaret plot line in this game- no fighting and the resolution is just all too convenient. Keep playing and you’ll see what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Speaking of reused animation, you know Essence of Extreme Dragon? The Ultimate Essence uses that exact animation.

You know what's even better about Aika? She's one of the person who sings Like a Butterfly. Now you can see Kiryu rapping with square sunglasses provided you're good enough to trigger the video. The other person who sings that song is Kirara, the very last opponent of Cabaret Grand Prix.

Try to invite Majima to karaoke. If you get the chance to sing with Majima, you must well use it.

Getting the Golf and Baseball bat primer isn't exactly easy to get. That sucks. Especially the Baseball since only homerun counts.

It seems like the Extreme HEAT Action involving dodge don't work against minibosses level enemies or higher. I tried to trigger and it didn't work. So I guess only the Essence of Repeating Knee and the backhand HEAT Action work against them

Edit: gently caress the Man in Black!!! I read about in the forum and find that he's considered the most annoyingly hard boss in Kiwami 2. gently caress him sideways to hell! I don't care if Kiwami Machinegun requires millions to fix, I'm just too pissed off at that guy. And I'm not even done with. drat Korean are like pests in this game.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 16, 2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 13 - Executive League Championship

And the third championship completed. Shoko seems fine so far, though I'm surprised she gave her life's story right away like that. I would expect it'd be something done on one of the dates instead. And apparently there actually are substories for the Cabaret girls, which I Googled just to double check. It just turns out they don't start immediately after the date and I just have to talk to them again. Speaking of substories, that golf one was a pain and I am so glad I lucked out on it like that. Pure blind luck saved me potential hours of trying to get that loving score. The baseball one is still a pain, but now I have that blue baseball bat, so hopefully next video I can complete that matching substory. Also, I'm starting to bet at least one of the two mysterious phone callers is Majima in the Cabaret sidestory, especially since I've already been told he'll be appearing in it at some point. I'm guessing he and Youda are up to something. Pretty soon I can finally move on with the main story once more, and I guess do that karaoke poo poo at long last at some point soon too.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 14 - Millionaire League Championship

Finally, the Cabaret sidestory is coming to a close. I say "finally" but honestly I haven't minded it so far. Still a lot better than the Clan Creator in my opinion. I also find the way the little dates work with the Platinum Hostesses to be better than they were in Yakuza 0. They seem to go by faster and I don't have to play minigames with them in order to progress. I almost kind of forgot Yua was even there, she had no buildup like the other enemy Platinum Hostesses did, and even her joining the team felt like an afterthought. Oh well, at least I got the dates to see more of personality. I felt more relief than I thought I would to find out that Youda was a double agent and really on my side the whole time. I never should've doubted him. I also loved Majima's entrance into the plot with Kiryu's reaction and Majima still picking on Yuki needlessly after almost twenty years. Not too much to say other than that. I don't think I'd ever have completed the baseball substory without that blue bat, but I've got nothing to prove and I'm just glad it's done with.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 15 - Cabaret Final Battle

And so the Cabaret sidestory comes to an end. And...yeah, it just kind of...stopped. No real satisfying ending to go with it, no grand prize like in Yakuza 0. Just a bunch of cash that I earned from the last match and a Platinum Hostess, neither of which really means much. I mean at least I was told ahead of time there'd be no fights and the ending was lackluster, but even then I felt disappointed. Couldn't even show the bad guys getting arrested or maybe just have Kiryu deck one in the face in a cutscene? I dunno. Despite my griping, I still liked it over the Clan Creator overall, it just wasn't as good as it was in Yakuza 0. Of course it's still not really over, still have a few dates and last couple of substories attached to the Hostesses to wrap up before it's truly done. And at long last, I went back to karaoke. Majima's song was sweet, and it was worth the wait to see Kiryu rapping in those ridiculous glasses. But now I can finally get back to the main story, the two major chunks of side content under my belt, and it feels so good.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Yeah, I so wanted to smack that jerk Kanzaki around. And the game never gives you the chance! Not the first or last time the Yakuza series does that either. :sigh:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

Yeah, I so wanted to smack that jerk Kanzaki around. And the game never gives you the chance! Not the first or last time the Yakuza series does that either. :sigh:
It's especially weird since it was all done so much better in Yakuza 0. It's weird they couldn't have just one fight to give the player through the entire sidestory.

Part 16 - Rescuing Daigo

Oh, right, Daigo. Totally forgot about that guy. Really though, feels good to get that part of the story wrapped up. Feels like it's been real-life months since he got kidnapped. I'm surprised there was no high-ranking fighter guarding the guy. Sure, there were a bunch of dudes, but all generic, low-ranked mooks. Speaking of which, I sure as poo poo wasn't expecting to see Hayashi ever again. Hell, I pretty much forgot about his existence entirely. But hey, no complaints about getting to smash his face in once again. Sure would've been nice if a certain partner of mine helped out. Just saying. I love how The Florist has this fancy uniform, but all his employees still wear the same type of clothes as if they still lived in the park. Kind of wondering what the deal with this granny sidestory is, mainly because it's one that the game forced upon me, or at least it didn't seem like it was possible for me to miss out on it. I'm sure all will be clear to me, or at least will start to become clear, in the next video where I solely focus on substory stuff.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I think Chapter 3-8 takes place in a single day. At first, I thought it takes place over a few days judging from how many stuff Kiryu did in that time frame.

Man, those Koreans are really rude. They don't know any manners besides punching someone in the face. I thought they are better than that. I think I know why Kawara hated those Koreans so much. The boss fight against them is so much simpler and easier than against the Man in Black. It's so goddamn cathartic defeating them in no times flat. Reading through the Yakuza forum reveals that there's still no one that liked the Man in Black boss fight. Seriously, that guy is THE hardest boss in the game.

I don't like the Jingweon Mafia. Before playing the game, I consider those Koreans a pests before my encounter with the Man in Black replaced my opinion of them to utter hatred.

Come to think of it. Their presence hijacked the story about Ryuji's conquest and his rivalry with Kiryu. We haven't seen him since Chapter 3.

I still like Hayashi and his lanky rear end appearance. Like in Yakuza 1, the fight against him in the basement is his only appearance in the game. But he managed to make it memorable part of the game with his great boss fight against him. He's tough but fair. He's agile, his moveset still makes use of his long limbs, and his skills with dual pipe is a sight to behold.

Defeating Hayashi will unlock the Video tape from Kamiyama that will unlock the ability to use Kali Sticks.

You should try selling your gears to Kamiyama. He'll update his shop if you sell enough stuff to him. You can buy really powerful gear and completely broken infinite durability weapons from him. You do have truly insane amount of money after all.

You should complete Granny White's sub story. The prize you get is really great. I'm specifically after the last reward from substory chain.

Charge attack is really good. I really like spamming a combo of charged square, charged triangle. It works especially well on 1 vs 1, and against medium sized mob. I once completely stunlocked Komaki by doing a combo of charged square, charged triangle over and over again until he's down. The dropkick from the charged triangle attack can be chained into a powerful Extreme HEAT Action (if most HEAT Action with maxed out Kiryu takes out 1.5 health bar, that HEAT Action takes out 2). So that's 3 useable Extreme Heat Action against bosses: Essence of Repeating Knee, backhand HEAT Action, and dropkick HEAT Action.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 25, 2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I think Chapter 3-8 takes place in a single day. At first, I thought it takes place over a few days judging from how many stuff Kiryu did in that time frame.

Man, those Koreans are really rude. They don't know any manners besides punching someone in the face. I thought they are better than that. I think I know why Kawara hated those Koreans so much. The boss fight against them is so much simpler and easier than against the Man in Black. It's so goddamn cathartic defeating them in no times flat. Reading through the Yakuza forum reveals that there's still no one that liked the Man in Black boss fight. Seriously, that guy is THE hardest boss in the game.

Come to think of it. Their presence hijacked the story about Ryuji's conquest and his rivalry with Kiryu. We haven't seen him since Chapter 3.

I still like Hayashi and his lanky rear end appearance. Like in Yakuza 1, the fight against him in the basement is his only appearance in the game. But he managed to make it memorable part of the game with his great boss fight against him. He's tough but fair. He's agile, his moveset still makes use of his long limbs, and his skills with dual pipe is a sight to behold.

Defeating Hayashi will unlock the Video tape from Kamiyama that will unlock the ability to use Kali Sticks.

You should try selling your gears to Kamiyama. He'll update his shop if you sell enough stuff to him. You can buy really powerful gear and completely broken infinite durability weapons from him. You do have truly insane amount of money after all.

You should complete Granny White's sub story. The prize you get is really great. I'm specifically after the last reward from substory chain.

Charge attack is really good. I really like spamming a combo of charged square, charged triangle. It works especially well on 1 vs 1, and against medium sized mob. I once completely stunlocked Komaki by doing a combo of charged square, charged triangle over and over again until he's down. The dropkick from the charged triangle attack can be chained into a powerful Extreme HEAT Action (if most HEAT Action with maxed out Kiryu takes out 1.5 health bar, that HEAT Action takes out 2). So that's 3 useable Extreme Heat Action against bosses: Essence of Repeating Knee, backhand HEAT Action, and dropkick HEAT Action.
It feels like ages since I saw the sun in-game.

Was the Man in Black fight really that bad? I must have been pretty OP then since I don't recall finding him all that tough. I liked his nifty shoe-bladed though.

poo poo, has it really been that long? At least Hayashi is working work Ryuji which partly brings him back into relevancy again.

I was just surprised to see him again. I honestly just kind of forgot he existed, but I agree he had great dual pipe skills.

Thanks for the heads-up, will watch the tape in the next video.

Also thanks for this tip, I did as told and got some nifty stuff like an infinite durability poisoned knife and flaming tonfas. Shame the tonfas do constant damage to Kiryu...

Oh I will. I'm going to work on her more in the next episode. I'm guessing there's just a set time between her e-mails?

I always kind of forget charge attacks are a thing. I already do so well using my usual fighting style that I guess I never think to use them. I'll certainly want to use these new weapons of mine in upcoming videos for sure...

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 17 - Another Funeral Ruined

Can't a Tojo Clan Chairman just have a funeral go without a large brawl? First Sera, now Terada. I bet the first two Chairmen's funerals ended up like this when they died as well. I was pretty ticked that Ryuji finally finally showed back up only to explicitly say he's not interested in fighting before leaving. I was really hoping to have another fight with him. Shindo at least provided a neat fight, what with his sword and all. I also wish we got to actually see Majima kick some Omi Alliance rear end, but knowing he solo'd a whole army of them (despite having his own group) was still pretty great. Had some fun with the substories, I never get tired of situations with old people and the "hip and new" technology, even if said technology is actually new at the same. So many bytes, can you all believe it? Didn't expect to ever see Takashi again, and I'm wondering if this isn't going to just be another sort of filler part of the story like Date and Saya's part in the last game.

As for the Granny White substory, I looked into it and have no idea how to keep it going. Different sites say different things and no one seems sure on what to do exactly. Apparently her next e-mail comes by randomly, so I just gotta wait, I guess.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
A few notes-

Man in Black- You aren't done with him yet, unfortunately. But I too have trouble seeing him as a difficult boss fight.

Police Characters- The guy with the glasses is Sudo. He's Date's former partner and apprentice, now superior, a pretty cool dude. Besso is Sayama's superior, the guy who sent her after Kiryu. He's a Soutenbori cop, though, and the Tokyo cops have more story presence. Date and Kawara are the main ones in this game. Kawara is Date's ex-partner who has killed a lot of Jingweon Mafia. There's also Kurahasi, a high-up organized crime guy who is paying a lot of attention to the Jingweon case. Sayama is in the game too, obviously.

Don't worry about Majima, his greatest moment in the game is yet to come. ("Give me red!") And you haven't even played his side story yet. :D

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

TheLoneStar posted:

Was the Man in Black fight really that bad? I must have been pretty OP then since I don't recall finding him all that tough. I liked his nifty shoe-bladed though.

When I fought the Man in Black, my stats is in 160-180s. His blade shoe is incredibly fast, unblockable, deals lots of damage a single combo can put me in critical condition, and is really really irritating to fight. Also, if he's bear a crate, he can kick ot toward Kiryu which must be avoided with a QTE that have really strict timing. He's just the worst.

TheLoneStar posted:

Also thanks for this tip, I did as told and got some nifty stuff like an infinite durability poisoned knife and flaming tonfas. Shame the tonfas do constant damage to Kiryu...

What? I thought weapon with Drain Health means it can drain enemy's health, not Kiryu's. There's goes my method of cheesing the Bouncer mission.

Shindo does hold no candle compared to Hayashi. His HP is noticeably lower. He still goes down fast even with me keeping my stats to 200 and me using no HEAT Action or Extreme HEAT mode. He has some killer theme song though.

Poor Daigo. He's compared unfavorably to her mother, he gets toyed around by Ryuji, and he's held hostage again.

Takashi side story is actually pretty short in this game. It won't take long before you go back to fighting vengeful Korean and Ryuji.

TheLoneStar posted:

As for the Granny White substory, I looked into it and have no idea how to keep it going. Different sites say different things and no one seems sure on what to do exactly. Apparently her next e-mail comes by randomly, so I just gotta wait, I guess.

I think Granny's email is triggered based on your location. Try walking from the parking lot in East Shichifuku Street to the Millennium Tower in East Millennium Street.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

A few notes-

Man in Black- You aren't done with him yet, unfortunately. But I too have trouble seeing him as a difficult boss fight.

Police Characters- The guy with the glasses is Sudo. He's Date's former partner and apprentice, now superior, a pretty cool dude. Besso is Sayama's superior, the guy who sent her after Kiryu. He's a Soutenbori cop, though, and the Tokyo cops have more story presence. Date and Kawara are the main ones in this game. Kawara is Date's ex-partner who has killed a lot of Jingweon Mafia. There's also Kurahasi, a high-up organized crime guy who is paying a lot of attention to the Jingweon case. Sayama is in the game too, obviously.

Don't worry about Majima, his greatest moment in the game is yet to come. ("Give me red!") And you haven't even played his side story yet. :D
Will we ever learn his name? I gotta know the identity of a man with knife-shoes.

Thanks for those notes, I really need to get these characters straightened out. Kawara was pretty much the only one I had under lock and key aside from Sayama and Date of course.

Oh, I'm not worried for Majima. He's one dog that can't be put down.

When I fought the Man in Black, my stats is in 160-180s. His blade shoe is incredibly fast, unblockable, deals lots of damage a single combo can put me in critical condition, and is really really irritating to fight. Also, if he's bear a crate, he can kick ot toward Kiryu which must be avoided with a QTE that have really strict timing. He's just the worst.

What? I thought weapon with Drain Health means it can drain enemy's health, not Kiryu's. There's goes my method of cheesing the Bouncer mission.

Shindo does hold no candle compared to Hayashi. His HP is noticeably lower. He still goes down fast even with me keeping my stats to 200 and me using no HEAT Action or Extreme HEAT mode. He has some killer theme song though.

Poor Daigo. He's compared unfavorably to her mother, he gets toyed around by Ryuji, and he's held hostage again.

Takashi side story is actually pretty short in this game. It won't take long before you go back to fighting vengeful Korean and Ryuji.

I think Granny's email is triggered based on your location. Try walking from the parking lot in East Shichifuku Street to the Millennium Tower in East Millennium Street.
Well poo poo, I guess I really was just OP. I also have to say I love it when enemies randomly kick poo poo at Kiryu, like entire bicycles and stuff.

Yep, Kiryu is literally on fire as he wields it and it drains his health.

But does Hayashi have a sword? Didn't think so.

I love how Kiryu actually ditched the hostages to go chase Shindo, and on top of that the guys with the guns just kind of stood here and let him go.

Alright good, nothing against Takashi, but I'm wondering why he's making a return at all.

From what I gather, that's the subsequent three substories involving her, I think the next part of the initial substory is random.

Part 18 - Yakuza Sunset 4

Thank God, no more dates. All I have to do is Kirara's substory and the Cabaret Club as a whole is finished. I'm wondering what her substory will be like, since there doesn't seem like any reason for violence to erupt, or some problem Kiryu can really fix by himself. The other substories in the video were quite the ride. With that one about the kidnapped sister, I almost thought at first that it'd turn out it was somehow some huge misunderstanding. The plot just went from 0 to 100 so fast it nearly gave me whiplash. And again, I gotta say these are the dumbest villains ever, openly admitting to torture, rape, and human trafficking in public. The Yakuza Sunset one was kind of a slog, but the bit of Kiryu acting as a Yakuza was entertaining enough for me to enjoy it overall. The amnesia substory was pretty funny too, I honestly thought the game wanted me to do a HEAT Attack at first since I didn't think to actually take having to "shock" him so literally. Almost feel bad for the guy for being stuck in a state of amnesia. Almost.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 19 - Takashi's Love Life

Why do I have the distinct feeling that all this Takashi crap was solely to eat up time? It added absolutely nothing to the main plot at hand, and I can't imagine it will be relevant at any point. Still, it was simple at least. Most of it was just watching cutscenes. But man that Florist is a loving dick for no good reason. Aside from that, not much went on storywise, except getting a lead on a member of the Jingweon group. Kirara's substory was pretty weird since it ended up being Yuki's in the end. Kind of odd since she already had one resulting in that glorious Golden Kiryu statue. A strange repeat of a substory from Yakuza 0 with a surpsiingly sad ending. Dunno what to make of it overall. That Tatsu substory was a little annoying, and apparently the shop's inventory doesn't increase. At least, Googling about the shop yields no such information. And I only just now realized this weapon's dealer shares the same name as Miss Tatsu from Yakuza 0. I suppose it's good I didn't remember while playing, or I'd expect her to make a cameo and end up disappointed.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Granny White- I think one of her substories can’t be completed until a later chapter (it involves Haruka, along with a couple other substories only available at that point). Just a heads up.

I’m surprised you have yet to encounter the other returning hostess from Yakuza Zero yet. She’s in Soutenbori, be on your guard.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

Granny White- I think one of her substories can’t be completed until a later chapter (it involves Haruka, along with a couple other substories only available at that point). Just a heads up.

I’m surprised you have yet to encounter the other returning hostess from Yakuza Zero yet. She’s in Soutenbori, be on your guard.
Good to know, I'll hold off on worrying about her until later. And also good to know Haruka actually makes a reappearance at some point in this game.

Oh, wait until you see this video here...

Part 20 - The Man With the Dragon Tattoo

Technically I move on with the main story, but it also feels like nothing actually happens. The Sayama and Kiryu date was kind of sweet despite my griping. Seriously thought Sayama put that steaming hot food right down her gullet she's a monster. The tattoo thing also didn't seem to go anywhere or lead up to anything. At least not yet. I just kept rolling my eyes at how seriously they took these tattoos. I dunno, do they actually get so serious about the ink over there or is Kiwami 2 just overly-romanticizing it? That voice-acting substory was pretty amusing, though honestly I wish it was a bit longer. Seemed to end too soon. Oh well. And finally, at long last, the purple-haired menace is back. I just feel for poor Kiryu, his body was simply not ready.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Man, Cutscene!Kaoru sucks. She can't even beat normal goons whereas in gameplay she fights side-by-side with Kiryu.

It feels like the game forgot that half of Kiryu's allies are cops considering they ran from the law enforcement. I think it's much simpler to just explain things to the cops considering what Kiryu did is self defense and the woman he rescued has a badge.

Kiryu's date with Kaoru is one of the better directed cutscene. it's so sweet.

For Granny's next email, you should walk around in Theater Square in Kamurocho to trigger her next email.

Lotus Golden Wall description is so stupid. The game forgot to mention one teeny important detail. Kiryu can block bullets and blades With a Spear. I guess there isn't enough space to mention this fact.

The Obatarian substory is a nice callback to Yakuza 0. But I feel like the fight is really contrived unlike the one in Yakuza 0. There's the Obatarian. And then there's store clerk who accuses her of shoplifting. And then a wild yakuza appears after she's proved innocent.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Man, Cutscene!Kaoru sucks. She can't even beat normal goons whereas in gameplay she fights side-by-side with Kiryu.

It feels like the game forgot that half of Kiryu's allies are cops considering they ran from the law enforcement. I think it's much simpler to just explain things to the cops considering what Kiryu did is self defense and the woman he rescued has a badge.

Kiryu's date with Kaoru is one of the better directed cutscene. it's so sweet.

For Granny's next email, you should walk around in Theater Square in Kamurocho to trigger her next email.

Lotus Golden Wall description is so stupid. The game forgot to mention one teeny important detail. Kiryu can block bullets and blades With a Spear. I guess there isn't enough space to mention this fact.

The Obatarian substory is a nice callback to Yakuza 0. But I feel like the fight is really contrived unlike the one in Yakuza 0. There's the Obatarian. And then there's store clerk who accuses her of shoplifting. And then a wild yakuza appears after she's proved innocent.
Meanwhile Cutscene Kiryu can take a bottle to the head and not even flinch. But then there's this episode...

But then they wouldn't get to go on their date.

Sayama's lack of shits given eating a steaming hot food item will haunt me.

And not a spear to be found, at least where I've looked.

I mean contrived fights are a staple of Yakuza substories. This is hardly that unique.

Part 21 - Haruka Kidnapped

Finally, true main story content has arrived and progress is made. The little puzzle bit at the beginning was oddly fun, especially since putting actual thought into the main story of these games is pretty much unheard of so far. Of course, the puzzles were really simple, but some is better than none. And then looking back at the starting cutscene, it was a little boy that got saved. So this whole thing with Sayama is a very obvious falseflag. I believe this is called dramatic irony? I also love how more and more characters were actually there all along. And finally, Haruka is brought back into the story. Even as a hostage, I'll take it over nothing. Kiwami went to great lengths in attempts to make the player care for her, and drat it I want some payoff from that. She also serves as further reason to crush Sengoku's face in, so there's that.

And as for the Majima Saga, I'll go ahead and do that after this current chapter. I've been waiting for it for so long that I don't want to interrupt it. Unless I shouldn't, will it give away any spoilers to the main story? When does it take place?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Majima saga takes place between Yakuza 1 and 2, so it won't spoil anything. Have fun.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Try using Essence of Oden. Now that's thug's common reaction after being forced to eat steaming hot food.

Only one enemy type uses Spears. You first find Spear in the Osaka Castle.

Yeah, I do love how the hostess' substories always features a contrived fight.

The Korean Boss' child is a boy. There's no way Kaoru turns out to be secretly Korean, right? Because that'll be the stupidest twist in all of Yakuza.

Also, the Koreans Voice Actor are obviously Japanese that tries to speak Korean. You can tell from the boss' acting. His Korean delivery sounds so flat compared to his Japanese. In Yakuza 2, the South Korean publishers are unimpressed with the spoken Korean dialogue. So they redubbed the dialogue with native actor... Which I find it funny since the Jingweon Mafia are treated as the worst faction in Yakuza 2 and the South Korean are apparently okay with their people being represented by a group of vicious Mafia with no redeeming value.

If you actually want to block bullet with your bare hands, you need to equip an armor called Sacred Wood Armor which can only be obtained in Bouncer Mission and it's really good. With that, you can block machinegun bullets.

Yeah, you should do Chapter 12 first because the Osaka Castle is the best multi stage arena in the Yakuza franchise and it has Tigers and tigers are awesome.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

The Majima saga takes place between Yakuza 1 and 2, so it won't spoil anything. Have fun.
Alright, good to know.

Try using Essence of Oden. Now that's thug's common reaction after being forced to eat steaming hot food.

Only one enemy type uses Spears. You first find Spear in the Osaka Castle.

Yeah, I do love how the hostess' substories always features a contrived fight.

The Korean Boss' child is a boy. There's no way Kaoru turns out to be secretly Korean, right? Because that'll be the stupidest twist in all of Yakuza.

Also, the Koreans Voice Actor are obviously Japanese that tries to speak Korean. You can tell from the boss' acting. His Korean delivery sounds so flat compared to his Japanese. In Yakuza 2, the South Korean publishers are unimpressed with the spoken Korean dialogue. So they redubbed the dialogue with native actor... Which I find it funny since the Jingweon Mafia are treated as the worst faction in Yakuza 2 and the South Korean are apparently okay with their people being represented by a group of vicious Mafia with no redeeming value.
That's just cruel and unusual.

Boy, did I...loving Osaka Castle.

Almost every substory has a contrived fight.

Alright I thought he was a boy. The game was going full throttle the other way I started to question myself.

Eh, I mean it's not like the game is saying all Koreans are like that, so it's not really a problem. And that kind of reminds me that Lao Gui got a different, more flattering model in the Chinese version of Yakuza 0. In the original he just looked...off.

Part 22 - Osaka Castle

Holy loving poo poo. loving Osaka Castle. Such a bizarre, but wholly welcome, area of the game. It rising out of the ground for literally no reason, being made of gold, and being underneath a decoy castle would be enough to make it highly unusual. But then we get fully armored samurai, floor traps, ninjas, a minigun segment, and last but not least...the tigers. It just all feels so out of place but I found myself having too much fun (save for an annoying segment or two) to really care. That tiger fight was simply amazing, especially the finishing move. I don't blame Sengoku at all for reacting the way he did. My only two gripes were that Kiryu didn't get to beat the poo poo out of the fat bastard himself, not even in a cutscene, and Ryuji appeared without a fight again. And finally, Haruka is back and getting stalked by a very overly-enthusiastic producer...Also, the Tiger Drop seems way too weak after how it was in Kiwami. Even for me being in hard mode it feels underpowered. Though I guess it being nerfed is understandable.

So, what's the deal with the Haruka meter? Is this some long side thing I should go through?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I love Sengoku’s face when Kiryu defeats his pets. :D

The Haruka meter is her affection for Kiryu based on how much he spoils her. You get gifts for it based on rank. My experience it’s never mandatory or that worth it. Some may disagree.

Also, some things you probably didn’t know-

Kaneda (the guy directing the samurai & ninja) can be seen assisting Sengoku in various scenes before this chapter. That’s why he looks familiar.

Japanese war fans were valid weapons. Most were solid wood and thus hit hard. Others were sharpened on their blades. These items were more often used for directing troops on the battlefield than keeping cool, so it was common to make them weapons. They also had stealth fans that look like flimsy paper but in fact were sharp on the edges and sometimes poison tipped (ninjas used these as non-obvious weapons).

Ninjas were among the earliest users of stun grenades. They would fill an egg emptied of yolk with chemicals that produced smoke and a loud bang to disorient opponents. By the time the person recovers from this primitive weapon, the ninja would be gone.

Osaka Castle is pretty significant to Japanese history. The Sengoku period ran from the late 1500s to early 1600s and featured various samurai warlords battling for control. The final battle for control took place at Osaka Castle in 1620 (I think) between the Tokugawa & Toyotomi clans. Tokugawa won and ruled Japan for the next 250 years or so.

IIRC, there are 3 substories that require Haruka. The Granny White one is the only one in Soutenbori and you’ll need to finish her second request first. So get the Yuya photo in Kamurocho at Stardust and give it to Granny, then the third request should open up. The other 2 substories with Haruka should be available once the main plot advances some more. They’re both back in Kamurocho (I think, check your guide to be sure).

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 15, 2019

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

Ninja and Samurai enemies are annoying. I mostly spam evade & strike against them to counter Ninja's evasiveness and Samurai's long range Spear.

Remember what I said about charged dropkick being so powerful it can knock back tigers? Yeah, it's the only attack that can knock back tiger and I can stunlock them by doing combo of charged square and charged triangle again and again. Knocking them back over and over. You have to be good at holding two buttons at once though.

Hmmmm.... I wonder who's Kaoru real father is? I'm thinking maybe it's Kurahashi the police chief (I think Kiryu hasn't even met him yet)? I like his hair style and pose in his character profile. Or maybe it's Bessho since he's so nice to Kaoru.

Don't worry about Ryuji. His invasion will begin soon.

After Chapter 12, fighters with fighting style of Ninja, Spearmanship (Samurai), and Ferocious Beast arrives at the Colloseum. Though one puny human inexplicably have Ferocious Beast style.

Awww.... You missed your chance. The last 2 substories (Well, 3 if you include Granny's) before Amons requires Haruka. Your next chance of traveling with Haruka comes in chapter 15.

You like JoJo, right? Then you'll like the fact that one of the character in Majima saga is voiced by DIO.

Haruka's request can be started in chapter 13? I thought it only activates on Post-game like Kiwami 1. The only prize for her request worth mentioning is Bowling Ball HEAT Action on SS Rank. But I wouldn't bother with it since she sometimes demands you to be good at gambling, mahjong, shogi, arcades, etc. While I'm good at rhythm game, I sucks at everything else.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 16, 2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

I love Sengoku’s face when Kiryu defeats his pets. :D

The Haruka meter is her affection for Kiryu based on how much he spoils her. You get gifts for it based on rank. My experience it’s never mandatory or that worth it. Some may disagree.

Also, some things you probably didn’t know-

Kaneda (the guy directing the samurai & ninja) can be seen assisting Sengoku in various scenes before this chapter. That’s why he looks familiar.

Japanese war fans were valid weapons. Most were solid wood and thus hit hard. Others were sharpened on their blades. These items were more often used for directing troops on the battlefield than keeping cool, so it was common to make them weapons. They also had stealth fans that look like flimsy paper but in fact were sharp on the edges and sometimes poison tipped (ninjas used these as non-obvious weapons).

Ninjas were among the earliest users of stun grenades. They would fill an egg emptied of yolk with chemicals that produced smoke and a loud bang to disorient opponents. By the time the person recovers from this primitive weapon, the ninja would be gone.

Osaka Castle is pretty significant to Japanese history. The Sengoku period ran from the late 1500s to early 1600s and featured various samurai warlords battling for control. The final battle for control took place at Osaka Castle in 1620 (I think) between the Tokugawa & Toyotomi clans. Tokugawa won and ruled Japan for the next 250 years or so.

IIRC, there are 3 substories that require Haruka. The Granny White one is the only one in Soutenbori and you’ll need to finish her second request first. So get the Yuya photo in Kamurocho at Stardust and give it to Granny, then the third request should open up. The other 2 substories with Haruka should be available once the main plot advances some more. They’re both back in Kamurocho (I think, check your guide to be sure).
I can't blame him for reacting like that.

Man, she should love Kiryu way more at this point. It can hurt an adoptive father's feelings...

Ah, okay. I thought maybe he was that other upper Omi Alliance member, but decided it wasn't him.

Well that's interesting, about the fans. The more you know. I mean I had a feeling they were real weapons, but I just have troubles imaging them in real-world combat.

Didn't know that about ninjas. One thing I knew is they apparently never wore black like they're usually depicted, as they would stand out against the moon too much.

But the real question is were there tigers as guards in the real life Osaka Castle?

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Ninja and Samurai enemies are annoying. I mostly spam evade & strike against them to counter Ninja's evasiveness and Samurai's long range Spear.

Remember what I said about charged dropkick being so powerful it can knock back tigers? Yeah, it's the only attack that can knock back tiger and I can stunlock them by doing combo of charged square and charged triangle again and again. Knocking them back over and over. You have to be good at holding two buttons at once though.

Hmmmm.... I wonder who's Kaoru real father is? I'm thinking maybe it's Kurahashi the police chief (I think Kiryu hasn't even met him yet)? I like his hair style and pose in his character profile. Or maybe it's Bessho since he's so nice to Kaoru.

Don't worry about Ryuji. His invasion will begin soon.

After Chapter 12, fighters with fighting style of Ninja, Spearmanship (Samurai), and Ferocious Beast arrives at the Colloseum. Though one puny human inexplicably have Ferocious Beast style.

Awww.... You missed your chance. The last 2 substories (Well, 3 if you include Granny's) before Amons requires Haruka. Your next chance of traveling with Haruka comes in chapter 15.

You like JoJo, right? Then you'll like the fact that one of the character in Majima saga is voiced by DIO.

Haruka's request can be started in chapter 13? I thought it only activates on Post-game like Kiwami 1. The only prize for her request worth mentioning is Bowling Ball HEAT Action on SS Rank. But I wouldn't bother with it since she sometimes demands you to be good at gambling, mahjong, shogi, arcades, etc. While I'm good at rhythm game, I sucks at everything else.
A bit annoying maybe, but cool to fight.

I guess I forgot all about that. Ah well, too late.

I'm putting my money on Majima, because no one would ever see it coming.

Invasion now.

I'm going to have to go to the Colosseum soon, I want to see a royale fight with a tiger in it.

I actually tried it out after reading this, I actually can still travel with Haruka right now. I simply have to talk to her and the option will come up.

poo poo, you're right. Going back, I can totally hear DIO. I guess I didn't notice at first since he wasn't at the very least half-yelling all his dialogue.

gently caress. Man I don't think it will be worth it then, though I really wanted to unlock all HEAT Actions and other moves. Oh well...

Part 23 - Majima Saga Chapter 1

It's about time the best cyclops in his series got his own starring role. Doesn't have to share it with Kiryu like in Yakuza 0 either. It's really weird to actually see Majima in a more formal Yakuza setting like an important meeting. Of course with his own charm added in. And man if the chapters are just like this one, I'll be done with the Saga in just another two videos. I can always use more Majima in my life, but this nice slice of him is still quite satisfying so far. On the other hand, I wish there was a bit more to his combat. From what I've found so far only two HEAT Attacks, though I'm sure he must have at least a few more, like that one where he stabs someone's hand against a wall. If only there was some sort of guide to show me what all his abilities were. On top of that, fighting those bosses doesn't seem to actually do anything, though the first text message made it seem like I'd unlock hidden potential or something if I beat them. I was expecting a health or HEAT upgrade or something; nothing too fancy.

Either way, excited to see what happens next. Though I can't imagine anyone else but Ibuchi being the mastermind here...

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Oh. That's good then. You're able to get the last Granny upgrade and fights Amons early.

And we see Terada being sucks at his job and is hated by most of the families. Are you sure he's the right successor for the Tojo Clan, Kiryu? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that putting guy from a rival clan to a position of incredible is not a good idea.

Do you remember Majima's Mad Dog of Shimano style? Majima fights using the weakened version of that style. Same combos and everything, except it doesn't have it's more interesting gimmicks. While Majima is good at crowd controlling opponents, he sucks at fighting single tough opponent since his finishers have horrible recovery and his Evade & Strike isn't as effective as Kiryu's. His HEAT Actions are those 2 that you see. A single target knife HEAT Action and multi target that requires full Heat gauge. Majima also can't be upgraded, what you start with is all you get. I still prefer fighting as Kiryu.

Fighting those street bosses isn't necessary unless you wanna be generous to Kiryu-chan and give him a total of 4,1 million yen. This may seem a lot had Cabaret Club not exists.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Oh. That's good then. You're able to get the last Granny upgrade and fights Amons early.

And we see Terada being sucks at his job and is hated by most of the families. Are you sure he's the right successor for the Tojo Clan, Kiryu? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that putting guy from a rival clan to a position of incredible is not a good idea.

Do you remember Majima's Mad Dog of Shimano style? Majima fights using the weakened version of that style. Same combos and everything, except it doesn't have it's more interesting gimmicks. While Majima is good at crowd controlling opponents, he sucks at fighting single tough opponent since his finishers have horrible recovery and his Evade & Strike isn't as effective as Kiryu's. His HEAT Actions are those 2 that you see. A single target knife HEAT Action and multi target that requires full Heat gauge. Majima also can't be upgraded, what you start with is all you get. I still prefer fighting as Kiryu.

Fighting those street bosses isn't necessary unless you wanna be generous to Kiryu-chan and give him a total of 4,1 million yen. This may seem a lot had Cabaret Club not exists.
Amons, eh? Looks like both So and Jo are making a comeback.

I really thought it was odd how an Omi Alliance guy could just be made the Chairman of another clan. Can the Chairman just pick whoever he wants to be his successor? Does that successor even have to initially be a Yakuza?

Yeah, I won't lie, Majima is pretty underwhelming in terms of fighting. I get that this is just an extra treat thrown in, but a bit more variety in what he can do would be nice.

Now see that annoys me because that text message made it seem like Majima would get stronger if he fought all the bosses. Good to know, though, I'm not going to fight any more of them as Majima.

Part 24 - Majima Saga Chapter 2

My how even shorter things are when those bosses aren't fought. Like I said up above, I realize this is kind of just an extra bone tossed to the fanbase and I have the feeling this isn't even important at all in terms of the main story. That is, at least, aside from an explanation of why Majima was in Purgatory. Of course the highlight of the episode was Makoto making a return. Even when going to that massage place, it didn't even cross my mind that she'd make an appearance. I thought it was just kind of another nod to Yakuza 0 until she showed her face. After all, I'd expect after nearly twenty years, she'd be done with that place for good. Still, that scene was sad, heartwarming, and amusing all at once. Really makes me feel for poor Majima, who can't make himself tell Makoto who he truly is. Regrets of this nature and the concept of not being able to see a dear one again for whatever reason always just gets to me. Like poo poo, I wasn't expecting such a depressing segment in this Saga...

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 25 - Majima Saga Chapter 3

And so, the Saga ends. I gotta say, aside from just getting to spend about ninety minutes with Majima, it wasn't anything too special. The combat was lackluster considering the movepool was just so tiny and none of the enemies, not even the bosses, were anything special. The bosses themselves were basically just generic goons with guns and a bit more health. On top of that, Ibuchi was not only the very explicitly obvious villain, but I just gave zero fucks about what he wanted or what he was about. I won't lie, I kind of spaced in the middle of his grand speech because I just couldn't bring myself to care about it. The only real saving grace aside from Majima was the inclusion of Makoto and a sort of bittersweet ending to her and Majima's story. Still, it feels crummy of me to be too harsh on what's basically just a little sidestory the game makers seemed to just toss to the fans as an extra treat. I didn't hate the Saga or anything, I just didn't care for much aside from Majima and Makoto.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah, Ibuchi's not a good villain like Ryuji. I think fans like him because DIO related memes can be applied to him. I'll give him a credit though: he can fight 1v1 with gun without relying on goons, he's a better villain than the Korean mafias, and his dynamic intro is really sick. Also, DIO related memes.

Trivia: In Yakuza 2, Ryo Takashima of the Omi Alliance has the appearance of a bespectacled man of intellect in his 40 before Kiwami 2 turned him into a regular old dude. In other words, he used to looks like Ibuchi. With that said, I think he's the one behind Ibuchi's scheme.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 26 - The Amon Clan

Almost all the substories are done, just got to fight some more Amons and they'll all finally be complete. Speaking of which, gently caress those guys. I don't know what it is, but these fights just bring out my inner irrational rage. The first one wasn't too bad, but the second one was a major pain. I'm still not quite sure how the shield and their invincibility works, because they're sometimes immune to HEAT Attacks even when the shield is down. Still, neither have been as bad as in Yakuza 0, so that's not too bad. Still kind of sore they don't follow the same naming pattern as So and Jo. Aside from that, none of the other substories were all too noteworthy. Accidentally made some story progress and I can't believe the Man in Black just loving bit the dust like that. poo poo really threw me off guard. Fighting on the back of a squadron of moving trucks was both so stupidly contrived but kind of fun at the same time. Better than another one of those shooting/driving segments I'd say.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
My theory- So, Joh, and Noa Amon are real OG Amons. The other three- Jiro, Sango, and Kazuya- are just wannabe hangers-on. The Happy, Rhodie, and some other Iron Man character to Howard, Tony, and Pepper. Don’t know Noa? Wait till Yakuza 5. That’s all I will say. She was the only Amon I could never defeat.

Apologies- I figured you fought all the Amons in this video. Didn’t mean to spoil the 3rd brother’s name. Noa I’ve mentioned before. Good luck- the next two Amons are progressively worse.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 28, 2019

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
The triple charge attack from Granny is really great. In Extreme Heat mode, successfully connecting it against an enemy in open space will have Kiryu beat them down for massive damage. That Extreme Heat Action can take out like 3 health bars at once. Connecting it is a bitch though 'cause bosses will surely dodge/block it. Landing the charged dropkick Extreme Heat Action is easier eventhough it does slightly less damage (2 health bars).

I'm angrier when I'm against the Man in Black. I know he'll come to fight me in the truck battle since it's against the Korean, and I prepared myself with many weapons with humiliating Heat Action to use against him... Only to discover that he's immune to Heat Action. Seriously, mega gently caress that guy! Does anyone in the dev team has a hard on against that nameless gently caress?! Though it's seriously super cathartic sending him below the truck's wheel. Unfortunately, that's not the last time you fight him. Yeah, seriously. gently caress! He'll come against you for the last time in the finale before the final fight. And I think he's the single most dangerous opponent in the finale is him instead of Ryuji.

Yeah, now I'm convinced that someone on the dev team has a hard on against that nameless gently caress.

The reason why HEAT Actions sometimes doesn't work against Amons? They're immune to repeated HEAT Actions. You must use different HEAT Actions against them if you want to deal massive damage against them. Use the weapons HEAT Actions for last. Use the grab based HEAT Actions first against them.

Sidenote: The newest Amon in Judgment is also has the repeated HEAT Action immunity. Too bad Yagami can't carry weapons so he can't cheese that Amon with weapon.

Out of all the Amons, only Kazuya Amon fights fairly, the rest are basically cheating.

The fight against Jiro Amon can be made easier by equipping bulletproof armor and status resisting accessory. I did mention the Sacred Wood Armor and how to obtain it. And the status resisting accessory actually sits in your inventory after you complete the Cabaret Killer substory. It's the Heavenly Beast Bracelet.

The rest of the Amons are worse.

Sango Amon wields a Rocket Launcher that does massive damage. He can even fire it in salvos which will instantly puts you near death. In Heat mode, he starts swinging his Rocket Launcher like an oversized baton, this is much more preferable than the rocket salvos which now can instantly kills you no matter what because it's damage output are just that insane.

Jo Amon fights using multiple swords. At first, his damage output and attacks isn't bad at first, but when he's in HEAT mode and starts dual wielding, his attack and attack speed gets insane. He can eviscerate your health bar very quickly. At least he doesn't use guns

Can you win against the Amons in the Colloseum or Bouncer missions in which you can't heal? The bouncer even more so since you have to fight numerous ridiculously tanky mooks and minibosses before fighting them.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 27 - Sayama's Origins

Man, you weren't kidding about the damage output for those two Amons. Even with the warning I let my guard down. I will say I'm at least glad none of the fights got as weird as Yakuza 0's So Amon battle with the helicopter, giant laser canon, and living furniture. And with that, all the substories are done and now I can solely focus on the main story until the playthrough's over. Speaking of which, good to finally get information on Sayama's past. Turns out she was only half Korean the entire time. I was kind of surprised that officer had an actual boss fight, even if he was essentially just a stronger version of the gun wielding mooks. Still wondering who that boy is though, but I guess I'll just have to wait. I'm also glad that Ryuji is finally back in the loving story in a big way, or at least he will be soon. I've been wanting more of him so badly, and it feels like the game's been really stingy with him. Maybe I'm just spoiled because we got a lot of Nishiki throughout Kiwami, albeit a majority of it in flashback form.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 28 - The Go-Ryu March

A lot of the stuff that went down in this video felt so...anti-climactic. Like the Koreans finally unleash their big plan to blow Kamurocho to ashes...and most of the problem is solved off-screen. Kiryu doesn't even really have a direct hand in it. He just lets other people like Majima handle it. I mean sure he can't disarm a bomb, but then again just about every problem in the series so far has been able to be solved by just punching the people in Kiryu (or Majima's) way until things get resolved. At least in the main stories. It just further makes this feel out of place. Then the Go-Ryu March that was built up for a long while ended up being three minor scuffles with some generic goons causing some small levels of havoc. Like we had this showing of all those cars driving to Kamurocho but I guess all but a dozen of them died on the way. A highlight, though, was Majima's part of it all. Him defusing the bomb was just pure gold, and that fake-out almost got me, despite explicitly knowing Majima appears in future titles.

It also seems like the next video will be the last. Honestly the endgame kind of snuck up on me. I didn't expect the terrorist attack and the Go-Ryu March to be so...short.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah, the invasion is certainly anticlimactic. I wish it was part of a multi stage battle where you run around the whole city fighting an entire army of Go-Ryu-Clan.

Daigo does have what it takes to be the future leader of Tojo clan. Too bad the game never give him a chance to prove it.

The cops are beyond useless in this game. When a criminal organization protect the city better than a cop can, you know they'll screwed up badly.

I did say that you'll fight Ryuji multiple times. This is true. It's just that his 2nd and last fight takes place in the finale. The final boss fight is pretty much worth it though. Also, can you fight him fairly with no weapons and healing items.

This is the reason why I disliked the Jingweon Mafia. When you think about it, almost all the new characters in this game is secretly Korean. Next time we knew, the characters from previous game are also secretly Korean. Detective Date? Korean. Kiryu? Korean. Kashiwagi? Korean. The late 5th Chairman Terada? Korean as well.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
What I don’t like about the Jingweon is they’re all cliche evil foreigners with no redeeming or endearing qualities. It’s also pretty clear they’re North Korean judging by their temperament, their inability to let go of a grudge, and that they’re led by a guy named Kim. But the game forgets there are 2 kinds of Koreans and doesn’t realize they’re painting them all with the same brush.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Yeah, the invasion is certainly anticlimactic. I wish it was part of a multi stage battle where you run around the whole city fighting an entire army of Go-Ryu-Clan.

Daigo does have what it takes to be the future leader of Tojo clan. Too bad the game never give him a chance to prove it.

The cops are beyond useless in this game. When a criminal organization protect the city better than a cop can, you know they'll screwed up badly.

I did say that you'll fight Ryuji multiple times. This is true. It's just that his 2nd and last fight takes place in the finale. The final boss fight is pretty much worth it though. Also, can you fight him fairly with no weapons and healing items.

This is the reason why I disliked the Jingweon Mafia. When you think about it, almost all the new characters in this game is secretly Korean. Next time we knew, the characters from previous game are also secretly Korean. Detective Date? Korean. Kiryu? Korean. Kashiwagi? Korean. The late 5th Chairman Terada? Korean as well.
Either that or even just introduce some kind of big boss character that Ryuji brought in or something. The guys at Stardust just weren't enough.

I mean if you say so, but honestly I wish that could actually get shown at some point. Him making a shirtless speech to a bunch of grunts did little to sway me.

Well of course. The game's called Yakuza not Police Force. The Yakuza gotta take care of everything.

True. It didn't help the game was clearly setting up another encounter, only ofr Ryuji to go "Nah, not now, but later though." and that frustrated me a bit. Honestly lack of fights aside I wish Ryuji appeared a bit more.

"Is there anyone in the Tojo Clan that's actually fully Japanese?!"

achtungnight posted:

What I don’t like about the Jingweon is they’re all cliche evil foreigners with no redeeming or endearing qualities. It’s also pretty clear they’re North Korean judging by their temperament, their inability to let go of a grudge, and that they’re led by a guy named Kim. But the game forgets there are 2 kinds of Koreans and doesn’t realize they’re painting them all with the same brush.
Frankly I still never got that vibe. I mean the Ryuji group is also pretty much just a group of cliche villains too, and all of them save Ryuji are fully Japanese. Nothing in the game suggests all Koreans are like this, just this group of assholes that Kiryu and the gang gotta deal with.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 29 - Dragon vs. Dragon

And so the finale is finally here. At first I was really underwhelmed by the Ryuji fight, thinking the game just gave another lame conclusion like with the March or the bomb situation. Should've had more faith in the game with that Round 2 though, which was pretty much what I was hoping for. Almost made it worth half the game giving me blue balls about facing Ryuji. Almost. Speaking of which, I was surprised that I ended up liking him as a character by the end, where honestly before this point he just seemed like a badass that would be fine to fight. Really didn't see the twist with Terada coming, and I was super surprised I actually fought him at all, even though he was essentially a gun-toting mook with more health. I admit I got a bit tired of the "No, actually I was the one behind everything!" bit at the end, and how that one ten minute massacre kept having more and more layers added to it.

I already pretty much said everything I needed to during the credits in the video, so I won't repeat it all. It's just a shame there's no concrete word, that I was able to find, regarding the remasters of the next few games and an English release. With Judgement featuring characters from further games and a popular thread covering the Fist of the North Star game, I guess I'm done with Yakuza for a while. If enough time passes and Sega doesn't give us any news, I'll just suck it up and play Yakuza 3 for the PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
A popular thread that hasn’t updated in nearly 2 months- I hope scruffy is ok.

Thx for a great LP and I look forward to your next.