Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Looking for tire recommendations for my wife's 4Runner - we're in TN so really cold weather is rare and snow is even more rare. That being said she's a nurse so even if it does snow she has to be able to get home safely. She currently has absolute garbage Starfire Solarus HT in 265/70/R17 which are dangerously bad in the rain and I'd like to replace before it gets much colder. We put Michelin Defender LTX M/S on her last car which did fine in the snow but they don't look "tough enough"

So is there a "tough looking" tire that isn't going to be trash in the wet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Thank you, have a mobile tire installer working in the garage right now so I can run those by him.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Imperador do Brasil posted:

If you’re going for performance all-season, I can never get tired of recommending the DWS06. Had them on my S60R, and currently run them on the S2000, FiST, and 911 as the all-around choice when the 200tw sets come off.
Yup, really good all around tires. Have then on cayman and e30, putting a set on the e28 next week.

Anyone have recommendations for a modern "Michelin 520 x 12." that isn't a trailer tire? That seems to translate to 125R12 & 145R12 I think but I'm finding conflicting info on that.