Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Preoptopus posted:

Remember winter tires are not just for snow. Their main advantage especially places like Wisconsin is that they stay soft and grippy in sub zero temperatures.
If you can find yourself some Sumitomo Ice Edges, they are cheap and really decent.

Pro tip. Thoes of you who are extra fancy and trying to get hakkapeliittas you gotta jump on them early cause the US only gets a small supply every winter and they go quick.

I thought the supply issues cleared up since they opened the Russian plant? Or is it just that your distributors are maintaining false scarcity to gently caress with the market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I never did get around to making that What anyone should be able to patch/What I'd have patched normally/what I'd have patched in a pinch with special techniques/what should never be patched diagram, did I? (IIRC it's cause it was a pain in the rear end to find a quality image to start from) That rock punch is totally ok to patch, though.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

tbh a little checking in the grooves is extremely common on mics and can go quite a ways without causing trouble. No cords no problem.

If you do chuck em early, you should definitely turn them into smoke and post a video. We've been a little short on Cadillac burnouts since Tremek sold the V.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 23, 2020

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I do my own rubber a lot, but my particular path through the tire business gave me a rather uncommon skillset (lol ask your tire guy if he's ever done a vertical changeover to a 45 series 17 on an aluminum wheel) as well as a deep-seated resentment for most tire shops.

Breaking beads is a problem, at my last shop we had a shunt truck so I would just bring everything to work and break beads by hydraulically dropping a 53' trailer on them, I'm pondering fabricating my own manual bead breaker now. Incidentally I'm actually just about to mount my new FK510s on my new Super Advans tonight.