Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

For what it's worth I've got the Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S on my cayenne and they seem fine. Relatively quiet, decent comfort, good dry and wet grip. They're still relatively new so I can't say how they'll wear down but so far so good on a big heavy boat like the cayenne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

They'll balance them, same difference if you happen to knock a wheel weight off somehow. Why not save a trip and just get them to do mount & balance?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Tire rack is usually good spot fit tire info, 6 years of use or 10 years stored is what they mention with the caveat that it's very tire dependent.

https://blog.tirerack.com/blog/hunters-ramblings/are-my-tires-too-old

If there's no cracks, deformation of the rubber, or any other signs that the rubber is shot, they might still have some use in them.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

honda whisperer posted:

Personal record from a tire shop was 50/32/32/15. :wtc:

Averages out to 32.25PSI, within manufacturer tolerances. Service order closed.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Runflats are a compromise because the sidewall has to be much stiffer to allow for the tire to remain round while deflated. In general you get worst grip, worst road noise, and worst ride quality for the benefit of being able to drive a limited range at reduced speed with a flat tire.

Get AAA, and if you're feeling spicy get a tire repair kit for when you don't feel like waiting.

For most people the runflat tradeoff isn't worth it, but eh, worth trying it out, it might not bug you as much as others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Crossclimate 2

These are pretty much ideal for your use case.