Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Fabulousity posted:

Also your recommended tire pressure is not on the tire itself, it's defined by the car. The tire will usually have a "maximum load at PSI x" molded into the sidewall. This is NOT the pressure to use, instead you need to the use the pressure indicated by the placard in your vehicle's door flange, or A/B pillar.

this is one of my biggest pet peeves. I always see idiots on facebook complaining about how the dealership can't even set their tire pressure to the correct 50psi they see on their sidewalls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

BlackMK4 posted:

The door jamb tire pressure is for the OE tires, not that I am saying that they are right about the sidewall pressure

Yes i might have worded it poorly, I meant they think the sidewall is the correct pressure when it isn't and complain about the dealerships setting pressure "low" at only 36psi or whatever.