Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'
I'm about to replace the OEM Toyo tires on my current generation Mazda3 (awd). I've been consistent on rotating them but my alignment looks off since I'm getting very uneven outside wear on two of the tires -- I've gotten 30k miles out of them so I'm not too bothered by the age of the medium-at-best Toyos that came with it.

I'm thinking that I will go for buy-once, cry-once and put a set of Pilot Sport 4 A/S on there. It seems their dry and wet traction are top notch, with decent enough wear rating. I live in the South so we may get 1 snowfall a year if we're lucky, and very few days between 30F and 40F -- so we're not really a snow tire area, although the light snow performance of the PS4A/S look like a good choice to cover my realistic driving needs.

I know that DWS6 are also recommended, but does there look to be a reason to really avoid the PS4A/S?

Additionally, regardless of which tires I go with, I need an alignment. My (not at all a mechanic) assumption is that I should get the alignment AFTER I put on the new tires -- the tires are going on at a Discount Tire so it'll be a separate appointment at a real shop to do the alignment. Thoughts on this side of things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'

wesleywillis posted:

TL;DR Yeah, get it done after you get the new tires, but try to get it done soonish afterwards.

Got it, makes sense! Certainly won't want to put more than a few dozen miles on them in between.