Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
tko by dick punch nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Ah TKO

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
For the best really he was being murdered

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Whew, had a real sweat there for a second.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Jose posted:

For the best really he was being murdered

True

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BgDjV0CFUQ&t=250s

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Couldn't happen to a nicer fighter, hope he's saved his money

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well deserved win 💪

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

it’s good that it’s a tko and not
nonsense but it does blow my mind that people pay for this in an age of internet streaming

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Boxing owns :P

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol Bob arum

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Al Heyman!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Honestly why do I watch boxing? Low production values, silly fights, crazy promoters attacking each other ... just ugh.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
HeLL yeah Spence v Crawford

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Nilbop posted:

Honestly why do I watch boxing? Low production values, silly fights, crazy promoters attacking each other ... just ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih80WFTCTsU

"That's another knockdown, HE MIGHT GET UP!"

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

is crawford vs spence even that big of a fight outside of boxing circles? i feel like you could build up to it for another year at least.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

"in the testicles" lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thehappyprince posted:

is crawford vs spence even that big of a fight outside of boxing circles? i feel like you could build up to it for another year at least.

last errol spence fight drew some heavy business at the books so this is probably the only logical next step for crawford for name value

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
That's what you get when you cherrypick shot fighters

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the p4p top 5 is this:

loma
fury
spence
crawford
someone who isn't canelo

this is official.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
What the gently caress was that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

What the gently caress was that.

the heart of a quitter who just wanted the paycheck

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the heart of a quitter who just wanted the paycheck

Khan’s worth 30 million dollars and never quit in a fight in his life, so nah.

If anything it feels like that should have been a technical decision based on the cards thus far. Not sure how a guy gets “knocked out” by an illegal punch. Amazing how amateur-hour boxing can be at times.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Khan’s worth 30 million dollars and never quit in a fight in his life, so nah.

If anything it feels like that should have been a technical decision based on the cards thus far. Not sure how a guy gets “knocked out” by an illegal punch. Amazing how amateur-hour boxing can be at times.

His corner quit independent of the nut punch.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

They gave him the opportunity to take 5 minutes to recover and his team opted not to take that and just end the fight there.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently in an interview he said the ref told him he could take five minutes then in the next sentence said he didn' know he had five minutes :downs:

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

They gave him the opportunity to take 5 minutes to recover and his team opted not to take that and just end the fight there.

Super dumb. If he took the 5 minutes and then said he couldn't continue, there was a small chance that he could have got a DQ win.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Super dumb. If he took the 5 minutes and then said he couldn't continue, there was a small chance that he could have got a DQ win.

I guess there would have been an interesting chance for a precedent. Plenty of fighters have been given 5 minutes to recover, but I'm not aware of any that A) took all 5 minutes, or B) petitioned for a DQ. An accidental foul does not provide the opportunity for DQ. Intentional fouls, yes, but not accidental. Even with an intentional foul, it's officiant discretion as far as I know.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Possible NC I guess, but I doubt anybody makes that call, and I doubt any boxer is shameless enough to take all 5 minutes and try to get a DQ out of it unless his nutsack ruptured or something

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Taking the 5 minutes and then not continuing, whatever the outcome would have been (DQ win, NC, technical decision based on the cards at that point) would have been superior to taking a stoppage loss and being seen as a quitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ehh, I think a lot of people are going to remember this as the fight that ended with a tko after low blow, a lot of people in this thread have summarized it’s such. Khan’s corner was either going to end the fight or he was going to get knocked out. No shame in throwing in the towel. Taking the full five and trying to milk a DQ would be rightfully seen as weaselly.