Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Man, this takes me back

It's amazingly well-animated and I love Tohru's outfits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Akito's creepily slender and extremely pretty

Still a complete and utter monster though

Hatsuharu is a good boy

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'd completely forgotten about Ayame

He's a good snek

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The stuff with Momiji went from 0 to 100 real quick

Love the new intro
Ending looks lovely

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Radish posted:

Even then when you are discussing that sort of thing anyone there should probably have the foresight not to leave the door open and the kid outside.

I know the real answer is from a story telling perspective he needed to see it but seriously it's just so over the top cruel.

Welcome to Fruits Basket in a nutshell

It only gets worse from here~

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Feels like most mothers in anime die and are completely forgotten about or do absolutely nothing for anyone ever

Then you have Furuba and Kyoko's present throughout the vast majority of it, even indirectly and it's great

Uotani and Hanajima are the best mothers Tohru could ask for

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Treating suicide like a joke hasn't aged particularly well, and Hiro is an absolute little poo poo and I love him

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I forgot how horrific bullying was in Japan back in the day

21-22 were quite the gut-punch

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

Uhhh it's still really bad. Not that America is meaningfully better.

You'd think we'd learn, but naaaaaah...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Not a fan of Kyo's voice when he's without his beads

Was it too much to just ask the VA to pitch his voice down or do it in post?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

With any luck, it'll be the spring cour in April

Still six months though, which should be plenty of time, but you can never really tell with animation

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I found the ED visuals really good, but I like the OP song more

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm glad my memory of Furuba's shot to hell, because it lets me experience it all over again with fresh eyes, and it's been a lot of fun.

Still want to punch Akito in the throat though.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Akito is a despicable being on every front and someone needs to punch them in the throat sooner rather than later

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yawgmoft posted:

Unfortunately, it's more likely that Tohru hugs him and they cry it out than for Kyo and Yuki to do the fusion dance and punch him into outer space.

Please don't spoil the plot of my doujin like that, I wanted it to be a surprise

Been s l o w l y catching up with the series and it's nice to see the boys finally getting closer to Tohru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

In an ideal world Akito would end up with nothing so they can experience what they put the zodiac through, but this is a series from the early 00's and some of it hasn't aged spectacularly well

*coughisuzucoughhackwheeze*

It's fun barely remembering anything after the...

...what horrifying reveal twist are we on now, seven?