Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

This show is good and 90s as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

dudermcbrohan posted:

manga readers: does the boar get any better?

Isn't the point of perfection that it can't get better?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

a kitten posted:

Right? Those people are some assholes, goddamn.

At least her Grandpa is great.

Something I noticed this episode is that they have not taken any steps to modernize this story. The whole plotline about Yuki and Kyo having trouble finding Tohru's house in the smartphone era would be very different.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

Possibly, but Japanese residential streets usually don't have actual designations like "5th St" and IIRC the "address" is more of a reference number for their postal route than an incremented number the way we're used to. That's why you typically see someone draw a map when explaining where they live, because they can't say "go down X street, turn right on Y lane, it's number 12345." If Yuki & Kyo only have the general area and the map, they'd still have to try and overlay the map on their smartphone's mapping program. Plus they're looking for a house where the renovations are "finished," so they'd exclude the house as not the right one until they remember that the exterior walls aren't done regardless.

Well also I meant they might have been able to call Tohru for directions or something.

That it led to Heroic Home Invasion instead is probably for the best.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I wonder how well this is doing. In the corners of the internet I check (like this thread and twitter) there are very few people talking. I sure hope the "1st season" in the opening doesn't end up being hubris. This adaptation is so good.