Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Away, hail to Kaisar.

Gayus Yoolius Kaiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Very important information for this thread:

https://twitter.com/TerribleMaps/status/1058712571191193600

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The detach siege button doesn't detach enough cohorts to siege :thumbsup:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Played for an hour and then sent in a refund request. Frame rate is a perfect 60fps when I'm paused, but as soon as I unpause it nosedives, even on lowest settings. Beside that, the UI is extremely bad, there's a million different stats and values that feel completely meaningless (this was a serious problem in EU:Rome), and the overall game feels completely directionless beyond "conquer everyone around you."

Can't believe we got this instead of Vicky 3.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh also there's only like two or three music tracks. In my hour of play I heard the same track at least five times.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rome was refunded in a day.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Great example of UI issues here. If multiple armies are in the same province, then all their counters clump up over each other. Your own army's counter doesn't even take priority over the stack. Selecting my army here was a pixel hunting nightmare.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Great example of UI issues here. If multiple armies are in the same province, then all their counters clump up over each other. Your own army's counter doesn't even take priority over the stack. Selecting my army here was a pixel hunting nightmare.

For comparison, here's EU4:

It's still kind of the same thing, but the counters are small enough that they don't overlap.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's also kind of an issue with contrast in the UI. Everything's kind of that soft white marble texture, so a lot of things just blend together at a glance.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I downloaded this again for the free week, and what the gently caress am I supposed to be doing? I've got almost 3000 hours on EU4 but this game feels insanely overwhelming. And not in a good way.

e: like in EU4 it's pretty easy for me to see how well my country is going, but in Rome it's just loving numbers everywhere and I have no idea which ones are actually important.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alright, this seems significantly better than it was at launch, but so far I've still noticed a few weird things.

-Forts seems to always cost 3 capacity rather than what the tooltip says, which is that the first one in a province will cost 3 and each on after that will only cost 1.
-The AI seems to have some problems. I've been called into multiple wars where my allies do absolutely nothing, and I either get my rear end kicked, or I do all the heavy lifting and then my ally peaces out.
-Tribal levies can't be merged into one stack, which seems to be WAD, but there's a problem with how food is distributed when you raise them. Your primary stack gets enough food to last for years, while all the other stacks start with zero and have an extremely low capacity, so they immediately start taking attrition in hostile territory.
-Lots of other little UI issues, and some concepts aren't very well explained. The game could really use an in-game encyclopedia like CK3.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is there any way to see how many levies another country can raise? Or do I just have to guess based on their population?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Are my province capitols supposed to be moving around every time I take new territory? Because it's pretty annoying.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Largest as in population? If that's the case then there's at least a workaround.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So what should I be building? I kind of want to build granaries everywhere for more pop growth. It feels kind of weird that there's no limit on how many you can build though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh cool, we're back to the old EU way of things where countries can form alliances and call those allies into war AFTER I've already declared war on them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RabidWeasel posted:

If you stacked a ton of different build cost modifiers you could get to something like 90% cost reduction so that might be why.

It's a bit weird how there's a ton of garbage buildings that don't do anything useful but you want to build a foundry + temple + theater in every single city

Like I said earlier it's pretty weird that some buildings have no limit on how many you can build, and they're probably weaker to account for that. They should probably make them stronger but give them a limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The patch is a good improvement but they still haven't fixed the problem with province capitols moving after every war.