Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Farecoal posted:

Didn't Paradox say they weren't going to expand the timeline with DLC?

Do you actually believe that though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah my money is on a totally separate timeline within the same engine using mostly the same mechanics, kind of like Rome total war 2 and Attila.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
All the dirigible experiments were happening around Alexandria, obvs.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Correct. The tutorial apparently goes through many (but not all) of the basic game features, and then allows the player to continue their campaign at the end, similar to HoI4 iirc.

Well as long as it isn't similar to HoI 3.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

TorakFade posted:

If anyone's still on the fence, you can prepurchase on GMG for 25% off using SPQR25 code at checkout.

That makes the game 29.99$. I already preordered it for 35$ during the lunar year Steam sale, I'm kinda tempted to be a full-on cheapskate and refund it to save those extra 5$ ... it could buy me a flavor DLC or something :v:

good catch, I'm certainly cheep enough to do that even if you aren't :v:

Edit: GMG is usually (always? is in this case anyway) steam keys, yes.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Eimi posted:

Ah shame. Stupid code only coming out right before the release. :argh:

I'm assuming the tutorial is just as Rome? Or could you go through it as anyone?

Never preorder far in advance with GMG, cause there's a pretty good chance they will come out with a discount for any vaguely big game in the last few days.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Roma = Amor Ermor

:colbert:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Fintilgin posted:

Ugh. I knew I should have gone with my gut and just ordered it off Steam. :smith:

Ordered one copy of the deluxe edition of Green Man Games. Everything looked fine checking out, and then the confirmation email/screen looked like this:

My credit card only shows 1 charge of (what should be correct) $41.24, but now I'm all anxious and irritated. Submitted a support ticket and am ready to contest the charge with my credit card company if they give me poo poo. :(

Submit a refund request and maybe they'll give you the $90.00 :v:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Taear posted:

I'm not really after a pre-load, I just worry that I won't get it.

GMG are pretty good, I really wouldn't worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Jabor posted:

As far as declaring war goes - it seems much easier to get the senate to agree to threatening war, so you can often get your war anyway without any tyranny by finding a city that your opponent isn't willing to give up (like their capital) and then threatening war for it.

how do you threaten war?

Is this something you can only do as a great power maybe?