Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

canepazzo posted:

To pass the time and get some more background info for the game launch later this week, I've been listening to this guy's History of Rome podcast; it's about 200 episodes, each 12-15 minutes, covering from the foundation to the fall. He starts a bit dry and kinda boring but after episode 3-4 he really gets into it and is actually an entertaining narrator. Game's period is covered from around episode 13 or so, haven't gone too far yet.

Highly recommend, podcast's also on Spotify.

Edit: has any other game ever got the endorsement of a country's official twitter? :aaa:

https://twitter.com/armenia/status/1120303285699842048

CK2 :smug:
https://twitter.com/armenia/status/1029296342500298754

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

This is the most aggressive I've played in a Paradox game and the new manpower system is real fun, but I'm running into a major issue of noble families not fuckin' enough. The youngest woman possible for marriage for my heir's 21-year old son is his aunt...who's like 57 or something
This is a big problem that the Romans really had. Patrician families mostly went extinct for just this reason. A good game.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Who you guys playing as? Looking to jump in and play someone not-Rome and not gigantic (like selucids or something).

Syracuse is in an excellant geographic position to anchor an Empire that can dominate a Mediterranean spanning empire.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

AnoHito posted:

After trying Syracusae, I can't really recommend it. You basically end up railroaded into butting heads with Rome, who are then further railroaded into stomping you into jam because Rome is the special snowflake nation that doesn't lose ever.

Uh...that's sounds completely reasonable. Rome conquered the Mediterranean world, they should be a difficult obstacle for the player to surpass.

That doesn't mean that the geographic position of Syracuse isn't excellent, it is. And as the second strongest Greek city state they have a good power base to build on.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Azuren posted:

Finished first full game since the early versions of Imperator, maybe 1.0 or 1.1? I forget.

Bonus road map, one of my favorite parts of the game. :)

Goal was to hit Trajan's borders by 117 AD - ended up hitting final borders in 73 BC, then ran out the clock stabilizing and converting and spamming buildings. I chose to stop at the Rhine and the Danube for nice clean-ish borders, east was a bit messier - I stopped in the Caucasus mountains, and at the edge of the regions of Media and Persis.

No Dacia = A shameful failure. ;)

No, that's a drat good job.