Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Carthago Suprema Est!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

MegaZeroX posted:

*Carthago supremum est

Get your dead language grammar correct :colbert:

I didn't know the correct one so I put it out there anyway knowing a goon would correct me.

In short, trap sprung :smug:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I wish it was 18 hours in the future

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I'd play this mod too.

That was a joke. Please do not waste your life renaming the provinces (alright, cities, if we must), there are seven thousand of the little bastards.

Province names for each culture or bust :colbert:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Fintilgin posted:

Ugh. I knew I should have gone with my gut and just ordered it off Steam. :smith:

Ordered one copy of the deluxe edition of Green Man Games. Everything looked fine checking out, and then the confirmation email/screen looked like this:

My credit card only shows 1 charge of (what should be correct) $41.24, but now I'm all anxious and irritated. Submitted a support ticket and am ready to contest the charge with my credit card company if they give me poo poo. :(

Don't worry, GMG is an entirely legit site, whatever went wrong here should get sorted out without hassle, especially with your credit card already charged correctly.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Did the tutorial, game seems good so far, now not sure whether to play as Carthage and be swole or some wee tribe in Caledonia or the one Hibernian tribe

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

e; Qart-Hadasht can into space.

Davincie posted:

well i did everything from the tutorial, except alllying the 1 province minor, who is randomly pissed off at me and refuses to get higher diplomatic relations

I had to wait that out a little because I had an AE penalty. I also switched my diplomatic stance to Appeasing, it helped bring AE down quicker.

Now, question that may reveal I am one dumb bitch, but how the heckie do you get an army aboard a fleet? I'm trying to bring some trunky bois up to Sardinia to conquer the interior but they're just sitting there in Carthage. Can't give them a direct move order, can't seem to load them onto a fleet, and I just found it, I had to give a fleet the automated order to do naval landings, THEN give the army the move order.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Chomp8645 posted:

Oblivion Portraits

lmbo

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Yeah the more I play the less sure I am about this. For me, everything is working fine in technical terms, runs well and no crashes and so forth, but there's an absolute lack of direction, and I'm baffled at the apparent absence of tutorial-style objectives in regular play, the seeming lack of almost any ambitions from AI characters, and the same for political parties. I'm Carthage and I have basically zero objectives, except for conquering a chunk of Iberia in order to enact one of my decisions. Nothing about trying to control the Med, nothing bringing me into conflict with the expanding Rome, or securing Sicily, nothing about whether and how to integrate or otherwise deal with my assorted tributaries, etc. etc..

Why is the Military party not demanding wars or expanded armies and navies? Why is my Civic party not trying to build administrative and government buildings over the objections of my Merchants asking for harbors and markets and the Populists wanting granaries? For all the fuss being made about characters they sure seem easy to keep on board. Same with pops, I have little idea what they're actually for other than wanting Citizens for research, and there doesn't seem to be much reason to actually give a poo poo about their culture or religion.

For that matter why the heck are there only four building types?! What about little things like stadia and amphitheateres, temples, bridges and roads, baths, forums, basilica, aqueducts? Like, the architecture and civic buildings of the ancient world are kind of central to our modern view of them. I know we're not here for Caeser III but it's kind of bonkers that there are four generic buildings, and ones which seem to be universal across all cultures and types of society.

What's here is fine, as far as it goes, but that doesn't seem to be very far. Too late for me to ask for a refund, and I probably wouldn't anyway, but this definitely seems to be one that's going to need a couple of DLCs and big patches. And I say that as someone who happily put a couple hundred hours into vanilla Stellaris.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 25, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Wolfechu posted:

I also appear to be having fun so far. If anyone has any tips for what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

e: wrong quote

I'm not aiming to poo poo on people having fun! I'm glad for those who are!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

RabidWeasel posted:

The answer to all those questions is Johan, the same reason that the pops will forever have names that don't really make sense. The game is currently a huge blob of flavourless numbers which you strategically poke to make your numbers get bigger, I actually love this kind of gameplay but if you want a more structured game experience like EU4 is nowadays then yeah it's not going to satisfy.

I'm playing the Bosporan Kingdom and I maxed population growth and converted the gently caress out of the lovely heathens and eradicated their smelly culture in every province and holy poo poo look at those numbers go up :f5:

tbh I normally like that too, there's a reason I put so much time into Vicky 2, but in this case it just isn't quite coming together for me.

That said however, gently caress these Iberian assholes, I'm going to make a New New City whether they like it or not :arghfist:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

EwokEntourage posted:

How do you get these scorned families jobs? Are the jobs only officials, governors, and generals/admirals?

Why do I have to keep the great families employed? Seems odd

I think they're less concerned with making money, and more with holding jobs of significance; the game just combines the two for convenience's sake.

And yeah, the jobs seem to be the government officials, researchers, governors, and military leaders.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

JOHAN :argh:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Finally realized that you CAN build roads but that it's done by armies (Which I guess makes sense but was not at all intuitive given previous games) and serves purely military purposes as far as I can tell. Should be the primary purpose, yes, but the Iol-Carthage-A'qola Road should probably bring some other benefits as well, I mean I have build a road across a third of North Africa linking numerous major cities together. Glad to see they're making it so it can be a continuous action, at least.

Fuligin posted:

one thing that's mildly annoying me is that i'm getting no achievements on ironman. I have one mod that claims to be compatible, but even if that's wrong the game itself had no warning on the start screen

In some other games it has incorrectly claimed a mod is Ironman compatible when it's not (The game itself has claimed it, I mean, not merely the mod author), could be that. I've had no trouble getting a few achievements.

e; These fuckin populists :arghfist:

Despite my bitching about the game I guess I'm putting a shitload of hours into it so :shrug: Can't be all that bad.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

AI Dumnonia has unified England and about half of Scotland and Ulster, and is now the #1 power by the score chart.

Good for them, keep them foreigner Romans/Saxons/Angles/Jutes/Geats/Normans out!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Hold up :thunk:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

canepazzo posted:

Ah, a centrist.

I think a centrist would have 1 in everything, but lol nonetheless. Came across someone else who had even bigger numbers!

AnEdgelord posted:

Alright im finally gonna dive into this game today, gonna do the tutorial and then probably dive into Carthage.

How is Carthage? I know people are saying the real action is in greece and the middle east but Carthage is in a really interesting spot without having quite the obvious expansion path that Rome has.

Carthage is extremely ez mode, which is good because that is lore accurate, but less good if you want a challenge. The amount of money I was raking in after a bit of development was truly absurd. Sadly there does seem to be a lack of Carthage events, everything I got was the generic stuff. Also, couldn't seem to sacrifice children to Moloch, so that's less good.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Desperately wishing for the ability to appoint people to various positions from their character sheets.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Autism Sneaks posted:

if you aren't taking advantage of the reset on power points cost with every ruler change you're doing it wrong, especially if you have to make up the shortfall from being stuck with some idiot with a big fat 0 in something

gently caress, I had no idea this was a thing and abandoned buying mana due to expense :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Had a good Carthage game going and I was working on the unify hispania achievement when I ran into a consistent crash :negative: