Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I picked this up in the steam sale and been having fun conquering places. But now all these provinces are unhappy for some reason after I killed all their troops and sacked their cities. I've got my governors set to "harsh treatment" but the beatings don't seem to be improving their loyalty. Any ideas about how to keep the provinces in line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Do you have enough troops to conquer who you want to conquer? If no, integrate a culture or two.

If yes, just let them revolt and crush the rebels. Build a theatre or temple or two there to slowly destroy their local identity. Maybe switch to the conversion province policy if you really want them to stop being a pain.

e: Could also add one of their gods to your pantheon, if they're wrong religion.

So follow Marcus Didius Falco's advice:

quote:

As the poet said, my mission was to bring civilized pursuits to the rest of the world. In the face of tenacious opposition, I believed you whacked them, taxed them, absorbed them, patronized them, then proscribed human sacrifice, dressed them in togas and discouraged them from openly insulting Rome. Then you put in a strong governor and let them get on with it.