Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

i'm here for the army automation. i mean i'd be here anyways because i'm a sucker but god drat i hope it works as well as i want it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Is there anything I can do about pirates other than outnumbering them on the sea? They've got 14 ships to my 4 and I don't want to build up that much of a navy if I can avoid it.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Wolfechu posted:

Protip: In a peace deal, ctrl click on the plus sign when adding gold, and it'll go to the maximum. I don't know if this is 'max gold the enemy has' or 'max gold they're prepared to give', but it beats clicking on that button 103 times.

Shift+Ctrl+Click adds max gold. It shows you the options if you hover over the button.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

it feels like the UI was designed for larger monitors

on 1920x1080 the diplomacy window fills most of the screen

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Sheep posted:

Considering they took a working dynamic mission system out of EU4 and replaced it with a do-the-same-thing-every-game decision tree, I rather doubt that will happen.

You're saying they wouldn't add the same static trees to this game?

Besides, while I do miss the dynamic missions, I think having a tree gives a lot more direction to expansion. I'd really like the game to have both.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

I'm guessing he is well aware and also had little choice in the matter.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the Rome thread!

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

i think everyone heard "it's going to be so much better in june!" and thought "well, why play it now?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

sengoku came out eight years ago, that's hardly new