Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wanna give this game another shot now that it has a ton of patches and dlcs. What's the best start for the Perfidious Albion cheevo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

Brigantia. The Brigantic culture starts off with 97 pops, which is absolutely pathetic, but it's far more than any other culture on the larger of the two islands. Plus it's nice and centrally located. Make sure to integrate Hibernian culture, it will make the colonization of the vast wasteland of Ireland much easier.

Alright thanks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Played as Brigantia and Epirus yesterday, and wow it's amazing how much the game wa simproved since last time I tried it.

I got a whole bunch of questions about mechanics though haha.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

Well feel free to ask them here, this thread could use the activity.

Alright, the new Wonder screen is kind of mystifying me.

How do I tech up? I'm assuming the old Spiff exploit to gain infinite tech doesn't work anymore.

Does Difficulty affect the achievements I can get?

I had other ones but I don,t remember them now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Wonders are basically like ideas you have to build. They improve over time and the more you spend on them to start with the better they start. Not sure how cost effective they are but there are some really good bonuses in there now.

Teching up means citizens and nobles, which means getting as many pops into cities as possible- found them if you can, move pops in if you can't. Founding a new city is always a better idea than building buildings to improve an existing one.

Eventually you'll hit your tech rate cap (it's not hard), so you want to anticipate that and tech towards the techs that increase that cap. There are, I think, four? Three or four and one extra for having integrated Greeks.

No idea about cheevos.

Thanks, gonna try those when I restart a Brigantia run tonight.

And how do the new God Shrines work?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I keep starting games and then quitting after 10 years to try another start lol.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

After failing to get Perfidious Albion, I might try to form Gaul since it doesn't have a timer.

Might use Avernia since they have a unique heritage.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Here's little Arvernia, taking it slow, just conquering what is needed to have the entire Arvernia province, slowly building cities and teching up.

Suddenly huge Roman blob. I might need to go on the warpath!!!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

With the Steam sale Imperator's only like $11 for the Centurion bundle, I'm considering grabbing it -- is it any good yet?

Yes, it's arguably better than EU4 right now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Someone pitch me a country to play/achievement to aim for. I'm a beginner and need to learn.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Ah, you should always be raising your levies even if you're not going to use them to fight. Once you're large enough and you have enough starting xp mods, you can start cheesing military experience from them and unlock basically every tradition in every tradition tree, which can lead to some wild poo poo.

Look at these loving space marines, and I haven't even unlocked the Indic trees yet:

Also one of the best ways to increase your levy size multiplier :laugh:

Wait I thought you shouldn't raise Levies because they use POPs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Azuren posted:

They do use them temporarily, but you don't lose them permanently unless the levy gets stackwiped. It does ding your economy/research/war exhaustion though, which is why I tried to avoid them once I had legions online.

E: Another weird bug that I've only seen in post-2.0: once I got to far-away lands, IIRC deep into barbarian Hispania and Gaul, and in Armenia, I'd occasionally find cities that were still producing food trade goods. Looked like they were default cities, too, and not ones the AI had built on top of food territories. Was curious.

Right, so if I understand you right I should raise levies until I can replace them with Legions so I can farm military xp.