Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

but the opposite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Orv posted:

My favorite one of those ever was "Kiss Alpine Gaal."

"Kiss Alpine" is actually fairly correct.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Away, hail to Kaisar.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zhangzhung.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Uniting Crete somehow gives you access to Minotaur units that are the most powerful things in the game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All languages are broken and nonsensical and English is not particularly outstanding in those fronts.

loving look at French. Who thought that was a good idea?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zhangzhung report:

- smashed Tsang
- One general got to 0% loyalty
- countless resources expended to make him love me again
- didn't matter, Chandragupta came knocking

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've noticed that countries you're at war with will straight up surrender almost immediately if you have overwhelming force, which is new because I keep expecting every war against a podunk steppe tribe to be a CK2-style ten year struggle.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So there is basically no reason to keep Tribesmen around and it's best to promote their rear end as soon as possible, right?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RabidWeasel posted:

Anyone want to share some cool non-obvious suggestions for playthroughs?

Taulantia is fun, you're the only non-tribal state that can form Illyria and you start allied to Epirus (which has a rediculous amount of manpower). It's nice being in the general Greek cultural sphere but not getting immediately directly involved in the whole clusterfuck down there. There's probably some cool similar starts in Anatolia, unfortunately none of those guys get a formable as far as I am aware :saddowns:

The Bosporan Kingdom is an interesting little start, you can get horse archers easily and they seem to gently caress everything up.

The only formable you get is Alexander's empire and boy howdy is that inconvenient to do from Crimea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know this Sarmatian Revolt tag still sticking around twenty years after I ate Sarmatia is pretty funny.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I feel like attrition could be a little less brutal, especially with the manpower situation being as dire as it is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

As much as I appreciate characters having a health bar so you can prepare for a succession properly, everyone being essentially immortal until they get cancer at 75 with no easy way to kill them off early results in some hellish years with a 1/1/0/3 ruler.

Beamed posted:

yeah this isn't even remotely true. It's Paradox's business model about since CK2, sure, but if you think CK2 is when Paradox was founded, uhhhh

Wasn't the pre-CK2 business model "release broken thing, release expansions that broke more things, abandon game"?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If you form Egypt as a country in the Egyptian culture group, you get an Egypt with a proper goldish hue and not that awful grey the Ptolemy's get.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The sad thing is that Pyrrhus got Lunatic and died years before I even started invading Italy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Also it turns out that if Sardinia breaks away from Carthage (which apparently happened as a consequence of them getting dropkicked off Sicily by Syracusa) they can have like 70 cohorts, which made the Sardinian campaign...interesting.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Technowolf posted:

Do you have any tips for the start as Epirus? I tried earlier today and kinda bounced off of it.

Get a foothold on Italy or Sicily quick. If Rome has started snowballing, wait until they're fighting the tribes up near the Alps (they almost never get an alliance after they get the ball rolling.) Completely siege down the province you fabricated for and then peace out immediately (their cohorts take their sweet time going down south when Rome is fighting with the Boii or something.)

Rinse, repeat. Assign all provinces to culture convert.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Technowolf posted:

So gently caress Greece, go for Italy?

Also, did you try to get either horses or iron as your first trade good, or just go full on archers?

I made bootleg armies of 10 archers and 10 light infantry until I nabbed those horse cities in the Balkans.

The supply in Italy doesn't really like heavy infantry armies though so I never really made a fully switch over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm playing as Bactria (horse archers punch hella above their own weight) and I feel like satrapies should have a way to break away from their overlords. The Seleucids are a pitiful rump state in southern Iran, why do I have to pay them poo poo?