Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I think they said in a developer diary that they wanted provinces to revolt a lot more because historically there were lots of revolts that had no chance of success, but that there's the potential for things to snowball if they hit at the wrong time which is more likely to happen if they actually revolt at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

toasterwarrior posted:

So like, should I be fine just keeping these cities that aren't in an "optimal" position? Even if the province is saturated with them already? Campania is such a headache

Nothing wrong with demolishing unnecessary cities. Do you have room in the other cities for the inhabitants of Campania?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Deltasquid posted:

Also uh, is there anything special I need to do for achievements? I don't have any mods and play with ironman turned on but didn't get any chievo for capturing a city and I'm wondering what I might be missing :psyduck:

Did you pause the game and click the achievements button? For some reason I have to do that to make achievements trigger.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Deltasquid posted:

So yeah that worked lol

Thanks!

You're welcome. I wondered if I was the only person who had that problem.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Egypt now uses the Greek military traditions but gets access to the Levantine Kingdom tradition too thanks to their heritage. Do any other countries get access to bonus traditions?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Rome can chain together multiple traditions, the first of which being gaul trad and greek.

All of the traditions can unlock two others. Do they unlock them with missions or decisions instead?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How does manpower work now? Do levies use it, or just legions?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Bactria gets access to the Persian traditions in addition to having the Greek ones, but I don't know if they'll keep access to the Greek ones if they change their culture.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Playing an Antipatrid Macedon game. Cassander and his oldest son both died like they're supposed to thanks to the events, but instead of getting a civil war between the two surviving sons one fled abroad. I managed to befriend him and bring him back to Macedon, but even though he's come back my heir is some random person in my government instead of the king's brother (neither has any sons yet). I'm still on agnatic primogeniture, so how do I make my brother my heir (other than adopting him, which I can do)?

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

The Senate's purpose is to drive you to installing a dictatorship

No contemporary politics chat please.

Wafflecopper posted:

Is there an easy way to boost ruler popularity that isn't just hoping for good events? I'm playing a settled tribe trying to reform into a monarchy and the final mission to do so requires me to hit 80 popularity. I had 78 when I got the mission, but it's now decayed into the 60s. I have the Absolute Authority tribal law and am holding games but it's still decaying.

Sacking cities.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

AnEdgelord posted:

1. How do I switch my religion to Zoroastrianism? Its the clear majority in my country now that I've actually formed Parthia but I can't figure out what button to press to switch off of Heptadic and too another religion. There is a decision to adopt Hellenism but that would be even worse since nobody follows that poo poo.

Check the requirements here. It's a decision, so it's not on the Religion tab but the Nation one. The one that's a banner and is at the top left, just below the macrobuilder.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I think they should extend the game's timeline up to the death of Augustus. The game isn't called Imperators: Rome after all.

AnoHito posted:

Forts are basically useless if you actually plan on expanding your empire at all. Delete all of them the second you take over territory, since the AI inevitably has built a hundred of them everywhere.

In my games they seem to love deleting forts as soon as they get ahold of any.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I wanna play as Aemilius Paulus, Hannibal, and Alexander, not as Maurice of Nassau.

Wasn't Hannibal unable to successfully besiege Rome or other Roman cities?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How do you, or can you, divorce spouses? Antiochus I had no children so when his slightly younger brother died shortly after he did it forced me to put everything on hold while I re-stabilize the empire. I'm also at risk of losing the bloodline trait since no one in the family wants to get married, and I can't make them.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

a fatguy baldspot posted:

There are bloodlines in this game??

The Argeads, Aiakids, and each of the Diadochi have them.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Playing as the Antigonids, I deliberately let Egypt and the Selukids take over the eastern party of the kingdom while I conquered Macedon and Thrace. Now Antigonus is dead but the Antigonid Cause Wavers event didn't fire so I can't get any of the missions for losing Asia. I did conquer Corinth but I lost several of the other cities I'm supposed to hold on to. I tried forming Macedon but it doesn't give me either of the non-Antipatrid Macedon missions. Does the event fire on the death of Antigonus or am I supposed to wait? It seems I screwed myself by not failing the right amount.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Sio posted:

It would happen on Antigonus’ death if it were going to happen.

Did you take Corinth before losing the eastern territory and enact the decision named something like “Secure the Antigonid Position” that’s available if you control all the territories at once? That disables the Antigonid Cause Wavers event.

Yeah. The description makes it sound like you have to hold on to all the required cities, but the event trigger works like you said.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Do inventions that reduce the maintenance costs of legions also affect the costs of mercenaries? The wiki wasn't clear.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

As Rome should I be integrating or assimilating? I feel assymilation is the way to go, just way slower.

I started a Rome game recently and I’ve been focusing on assimilation except for integrating cultures for traditions and inventions. Rome has the advantage of missions giving it colonies to aid assimilation while being surrounded by same religion pops, so you can start assimilating right off the bat. Otherwise I’d focus on conversion while you integrate the largest groups.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It’d be nice if you could move pops within regions.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
No. It’s just whether your ruler has the Argead bloodline or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is there any way to get Macedon to surrender Corinth, or is it just an option for human players to pick?