Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is there a good tutorial to watch since apparently this is good now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What are the requirements for being a governor (as rome)? Whenever the office is vacant, most of the characters in the list of replacements won't actually get put in the slot if I click on them and there's no indication for why. This only happens for governors. I just click through the list until some dude finally slots in.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 17, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm glad AI Rome expands well but I wish (based on my limited hours so far) they'd slow down a bit and focus more on Italy and then the med instead of the current situation where they'll be in Greece in 280 while the etruscans still exist and be blobbing across central Europe before they even consider fighting Carthage.

And yeah Pyrrhus could use some serious buffs so that the pyrrhic wars can actually happen.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What techs should I be prioritizing first anyway?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Sad that Familial Marriage as Egypt doesn't actually let me do incest marriages.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

It doesn't? What does it do, then?

Turns out it does, just not with the first generation of Ptolemy's kids for some reason.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What traditions and unit comps are recommended? I'm still just using levies in my Etruria game, but in my Egypt game my heavy infantry/heavy cavalry/elephant legion with diadochoi traditions seems to just kind of delete whatever it touches. I figure it's a bit expensive for people that aren't Egypt though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
And both are from the character system, which is unfortunately the worst part of this game. It's wrangling a bunch of assholes like in a big CK country but for every single nation, and they're all faceless nobodies who can't do anything interesting but spam with why they're pissed off this week.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Communist Thoughts posted:

i'm fairly interested in playing this, any tips or good places to start as?

i dont really wanna be roman

Egypt is big and buff but doesn't have to deal with the crises and massive borders of Antigonids or Seleukids, plus they are objectively the coolest faction. I got vaguely competent at the game mechanics as them. You can learn as you go.

e: Egypt is also a country that has loads of room for expansion, including a free event one where you just take over everything you occupy, but don't have to if you don't want to. You can and have to gently caress around with the pop/culture/religion system and learn it, because you're ptolemaic Egypt, but you're strong enough that when you inevitably gently caress up the revolt can't possibly challenge you.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Red Bones posted:

That's good advice, thank you. How hard is a uniting greece playthrough, in that sense? On the starting screen, Athens and Sparta are both listed as 'hard'. Should I wait until I've played some easier countries first before I do something like that?

They’re not super hard, but you might end up restarting a few times. You need to gently caress around with pops and such as them, vs someone like Rome or Egypt where you can just steamroll from day 1 no matter how little you understand.

Otoh, it’s easier to learn the mechanics when you are just focusing on a tiny city state and not a big empire