Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
But most of the youtubers have a peculiar but identical learning disability where they gently caress up and miss something because they can't read and then assume it's a bug or functioning mechanic and get mad about it while I scream at the screen. You're really better off just flailing at the keyboard and seeing what happens. Which is how I play all my games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
If they don't pronounce Balx correctly they should have their copy of Imperator permanently revoked.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Vichan posted:

There's supposed to be a playable Achaemid out there somewhere. Also a remnant of the Minoan civilization on Crete.

That'd be Heraclea Pontica that other people spoke of. Although that's just the first member, Amastris. I don't think her kids who strangled her necessarily counted, although one at least was given a Persian name. The dynasty of Pontus also claimed some descent, but it's possible(probable) they were full of poo poo.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Dwesa posted:

What? How? That's like living fossil. Is that based on history?

I don't think there actually is in game. There was a LP on Crete and I didn't see any sign or it, and there's been cultural maps shown and I haven't noticed it.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Anyone know if it's possible to change the state religion/culture to your rulers religion/culture? I'm rather upset by the fact that my Achaemanid ruler is converting good Ahuramazda-fearing Aryans into hellenic greeks.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
So I'm about to start a LP for this game and since audience participation is a tradition in EU:Rome lp's I was wondering if anyone had any preferences for a country to play as. My initial thought is Heraclea Pontica, but if my fellow goons have any bright ideas I'll roll with it.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I made a poll for my dumb LP which I'm gonna advertise here:
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5cc3d48ae4b01977b196a518
You can chose however many nations you want. But you can only vote once!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Iberian game is going brutally. Mostly conquering celtic tribes and the wrong-culture and wrong-religion double whammy is pretty rough, as it should be.

e: Oretania is one of the places with a randomized ruler and I started with a young ruler with a 1 in oratory. Shoulda savescummed a decent chief.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Yeah It's supposed to take awhile, just put governor policy on cultural assimilation and do religious conversion by using power. If you plan on blobbing quickly assume you'll get a civil war, but Italy as Rome is mostly Hellenic and Latin so it shouldn't be too rough.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
It's something generally the player themselves won't do, but the governors will if left to their own devices.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Looks like Judea is by far the most popular of the choices with Heraclea Pontica being a close (but not very close) second. I'll put up a thread in the next couple days. Thanks for voting you mephetzelim!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
There will be a little green bar underneath one of the pop types.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Unless you're a tribe, yeah.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Admittedly number 4 is :effort:.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Fabius, a historical figure well noted for his extreme popularity.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I think one of the issues people are having regarding tribes is that you inherit clan retinues when the leader dies and the new leader builds his own new stack of dudes. So you have to disband the new troops you don't want. On the plus side this makes it cheap to build all-horse stacks.

And someone was complaining about having a deficit for "maintaining clan retinues he couldn't control". I thought that was odd so I double checked:

Double check that your armies and make sure you don't have a superfluous former clan retinue still on the books.

e: The proper way to use tribal armies is to make all the clan retinues take the heavy losses and just keep your own elite stack somewhere to smack em down if they get uppity. The attrition issue for far-north barbarians is very very real however, you can keep at maximum manpower year round if you play your cards right.

Zedhe Khoja fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 29, 2019

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

RabidWeasel posted:

Since they're planning on nerfing culture conversion rates a bit in 1.1 I hope that they look at the various happiness penalties associated with cultural differences. The Seleucids are going to be even more crippled otherwise.

The big empires could use a bit of instability tbh. Seleukids sometimes explode, but I've yet to see Maurya ever do anything but expand. They're both Ming, but one is old Mingsplosion Ming and the other is Eternal Technology Wizard Ming.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
They need to make tribals settle down into kingdoms more reliably and faster. I only have 1/4 of spain and I'm wandering around with about 100k with a personal retinue of 25k horsemen. Why would I ever civilize when I can just have endless barbarians?
e: Or make them explode into their constituent parts more reliably.
e2: gimme barbarian gavelkind or something. 50% chance a clan just fucks off and form his own country when the ruler dies.

Zedhe Khoja fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 30, 2019

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Taear posted:

At least for me the retinues are huge and expensive as gently caress, I can't afford to have my own.

Clan retinues shouldn't be costing you gold or manpower at all.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Relevant to the time period the Parthians changed capital like a dozen times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888542

I'll wait for the upcoming patch to unpause the game, but the starting scenario is modded and the Let's Play is up, but still slightly Under Construction. A couple of starting votes will tide us over for a few days.