Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've been watching the Quill Kush videos which have been pretty good (if you don't hate Quill).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Communist Bear posted:

What are we looking at here, sorry?

Back in the consul dev diaries people were bitching you only had 1 consul. Johan's reply was having multiple office holders was too hard to balance/ bad gameplay so they didn't put it in. Now a few days before launch they're putting it in.

e: games not even out yet and it's already in the Paradox loop of waiting until the next cool feature is added before playing it.

V for Vegas fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 23, 2019

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm sure Wiz has snuck a Cretan Easter egg in there somewhere

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pharnakes posted:

Well as long as it is similar to HoI 3.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The instant assimilation and religious conversion feels really wrong.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I voted!

https://twitter.com/producerjohan/status/1132161374371700736

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wow did not expect that. The changes do sound pretty cool though.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Actually I was impressed in my new game the AI sent a 16k stack to seige a city and stuck it out to the end even with enemy stacks nearby.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
At the Gates release was basically a beta and things like "AI" are still being implemented. The response was generally it's not much of a game, but good that Jon worked through his personal issues and actually released something that looked like vaporware for a while.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Waiting for mana to fill up to assimilate pops = bad. Waiting for gold to fill up to buy a building that assimilates pops = good.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Friar John posted:

I get the feeling I'm just going to keep waiting for the next patch and never play anymore.

Well done. You have now attained true Paradox enlightenment.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
That poll has been pretty consistent 40/60 like/dislike since he put it up.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Nice, the update with all the Twitter teases Johan has been posting is up.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm enjoying play around with the changes now, but I liked it at release. My advice tho is wait a month until the latest patch is out of beta.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Great patch, feels like there are more character based events and interactions? I hope that they lean into that more for future updates.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I hope PDX just go 'gently caress it ' and announce a ton of DLC for this at PDXCON. Everyone who's pissed at them has already given a negative review and more content for the game would rule. Stuff at the level of that crazy Spanish Civil War tree in HOI4 would be awesome.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Paradox releases always used to come out around 10am Swedish time back in the old days.

Nice patch! Wow, Etruria allied with Carthage for the first time I've seen, that crimps my normal early game opening move.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm enjoying this now to the point it will be hard to go back to EU4. The map is better and I really like the warfare system with food and the interplay of different units. There is lots of peace time activity with pops and characters as well.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
These changes sound really good. *resets clock to waiting to play Paradox game until new DLC is released*.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RabidWeasel posted:

The new culture UI is really good. It has virtually all of the information you could want to see, several different ways of ordering and filtering individual cultures, and is very clean and easy to understand.

The simplified senate with individual influence is much better as well.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It takes a bit to get into the Imperator groove - you start thinking you're playing as a nation like EU4, but then you realise you're actually playing as the ruler like CK. But you can't roleplay as them because you still need to act like you're playing as the state. So you ping pong between them for a while until you reach a kind of equilibrium.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
OK cool.

https://twitter.com/producerjohan/status/1311374830130925571?s=19

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Any word on when this is out?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yesss back to EU3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can probably delete the last 3 words from the thread title now.