Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

The changes definitely fixed that disbanding my Italian levy as Rome doesn't give me an instant 200 military experience, but I would agree that the issue is a fundamental flaw with how levies can start with experience. I'm not really sure about a satisfying fix to it either that doesn't involve completely reworking the military experience system. Game's still pretty fun after the most recent patch/expansion at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Battles/sieges give military experience directly, maybe?

An idea that was floated on the official forum was to change "starting experience" to "minimum experience for legion cohorts", which I like, but Paradox seem very attached to cohort experience being something that you grind up with peacetime drilling and slowly falls apart during wartime.

I think this would be an excellent idea- that way you can't just raise levies/dismiss them 8 months later for a ton of tradition exp out of no where. It would feel like you'd need battles and sieges to give significant amounts of experience to compensate rather than the rather paltry amount you seem to currently gain (if any, honestly- I can't even tell if you currently gain any this way).

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Azuren posted:

E: Another weird bug that I've only seen in post-2.0: once I got to far-away lands, IIRC deep into barbarian Hispania and Gaul, and in Armenia, I'd occasionally find cities that were still producing food trade goods. Looked like they were default cities, too, and not ones the AI had built on top of food territories. Was curious.

There’s a handful of missions that convert a settlement into a city but don’t call the change trade good function for areas in Asia Minor, so you can end up with some of those food producing cities. Carthage can have a similar thing in turning some of its coastal settlements into cities through missions. I think there may also be a couple that default still produce food there, but I’m not sure offhand.