Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Mango Polo posted:

You're either a gullible idiot or an incompetent liar.

Tell us, are you the former or the latter?

Probably both, I guess! Bringing a writer's day job into your forums drama seems pretty hosed up to me, but go off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Corrode posted:

The same people who're screaming about a guy writing for our site are happily making content for FLG, incidentally. Check them out! https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2019/11/20/night-lords-vs-sons-of-horus-zone-mortalis-warhammer-30k-battle-report/

Uuuh none of the people in that video posted anything here.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

ANAmal.net posted:

Probably both, I guess! Bringing a writer's day job into your forums drama seems pretty hosed up to me, but go off.

The guy just likes making spreadsheets to calculate the lethality of weapons, ok???

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
I'm confused what's gone on, the only badness I'm aware of is that one time one of the editors was a bit of a weenie and some people took it bad.

Did something actually serious happen or is someone just upset over a miscommunication handled badly? I got real grumpy about one of those so I know it can be easy to get madangry.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

tallkidwithglasses posted:

The guy just likes making spreadsheets to calculate the lethality of weapons, ok???

Was he for or against templates going away in 8th?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Welp, I was sticking to "don't give Goonhammer money, they're bad" with no supporting details to avoid this all being memory holed.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Playing Phoenix Command doesn't automatically make one a fascist.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Corrode posted:

The same people who're screaming about a guy writing for our site are happily making content for FLG, incidentally. Check them out! https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2019/11/20/night-lords-vs-sons-of-horus-zone-mortalis-warhammer-30k-battle-report/

I've also just realised that Goonhammer has a "Road to LVO" article and you yourself are going I think? This is a powerful own.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Brinty posted:

I'm confused what's gone on, the only badness I'm aware of is that one time one of the editors was a bit of a weenie and some people took it bad.

Did something actually serious happen or is someone just upset over a miscommunication handled badly? I got real grumpy about one of those so I know it can be easy to get madangry.

What the gently caress is this post.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Brinty posted:

people are mad that beer writes for them bc beer has a pretty notorious reputation for being a dumbass itt and making bad mod decisions, he has/had a job doing some lovely defense stuff, in retaliation for his being dumb/probing their friends a bunch of cspam/tgrs people started dragging him about that job across the forums, and in the end he was demodded and some of the people doing it got perma'd for doxxing him

you can kinda follow the trail of breadcrumbs to read about all this, on this website, from this very thread? this isn't deep secret lore or anything, consider reading the forums

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

ijyt posted:

What the gently caress is this post.

Someone coming into this thread and being really confused by sudden loud drama.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

PinheadSlim posted:

It's shocking how many people think something can only be fascist if it calls for the extermination of the Jews specifically. Which reminds me...

I'm not sure if anyone will remember this but I once posted in this thread asking if a guy wearing a "Deutchland Uber Alles" t shirt with a reichsadle on it was a real sign of someone being a Nazi. My Jewish wife refused to help this guy at her place of work and her co-workers gave her endless poo poo for it. One of her co-workers is a "proud" American born German, who said this guy is also probably just a "Proud" German and that calling him a Nazi is racist.

Well the same guy keeps coming in and he started saying things like "I'm not anti-semetic I'm just saying I think there are too many Jews in the world." completely unprovoked. Like two of her coworkers admitted they were wrong and the rest just shut up about it. The "Proud" German co-worker didn't say anything about it and refuses to talk about it.

She's getting a new job soon because gently caress those people lol.

This was post was a little while back, but I just wanted to say that I remember this story, and you were right. We all loving knew. Good on you for not taking the path of least resistance.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Today I learned I'm fash because of what I do for a job.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

people are mad that beer writes for them bc beer has a pretty notorious reputation for being a dumbass itt and making bad mod decisions, he has/had a job doing some lovely defense stuff, in retaliation for his being dumb/probing their friends a bunch of cspam/tgrs people started dragging him about that job across the forums, and in the end he was demodded and some of the people doing it got perma'd for doxxing him

you can kinda follow the trail of breadcrumbs to read about all this, on this website, from this very thread? this isn't deep secret lore or anything, consider reading the forums

Nobody got prob'd for posting b4tbg.jpg of his gross transphobic post. The perma's hit the people digging up his old job posts in an ask/tell thread.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Brute Squad posted:

Nobody got prob'd for posting b4tbg.jpg of his gross transphobic post. The perma's hit the people digging up his old job posts in an ask/tell thread.

Which is a completely disproportionate response but that's been covered ad nausea in multiple threads.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Brute Squad posted:

Quite a few people were probed for quoting that shitstain's gross transphobic post when he made it though.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Bob Wins posted:

I’m sorry! I hope you find a better job or something.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Bob Wins posted:

This, but unironically

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

consider reading the forums
Whoa now let's not say things we can't take back.

Bob Wins posted:

A lot of people take a hard line here as a counter-reaction to the ambient levels of LEO/troop worship in American society.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Nessus posted:

Whoa now let's not say things we can't take back.
A lot of people take a hard line here as a counter-reaction to the ambient levels of LEO/troop worship in American society.

Also importantly things like ICE's inhumane family separation policies being drafted by literal white supremacist Stephen Miller (who btw got disowned by his Jewish family for said worldview).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/democrats-call-stephen-miller-resign-after-leak-xenophobic-emails-n1081941

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stephen-miller-breitbart-white-supremacist-trump-a9246981.html

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Quite a few people were probed for quoting that shitstain's gross transphobic post when he made it though.

That was lovely, bad modding, and shouldn't have been done.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bob Wins posted:

What's your job

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What was the post? Some backlash to the recent forums dilemma and fyad retool?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

JBP posted:

A post from six months ago when he got mad at Arivia, a poster TGRS loathes when they can't use her as a tool to harass the mods and admin team.

e: vvv my bad, it was from 7 months ago.

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 30, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

A post from six months ago when he got mad at Arivia, a poster TGRS loathes when they can't use her as a tool to harass the mods and admin team.

:chloe:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Extremely disappointed that the hush-hush 'I'll get permabanned for talking about it' Goonhammer conspiracy is that the guy getting doxxed has a job in defense and quoting doxx posts gets you banned (no poo poo). I was ready for something so much more interesting. :(

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

JBP posted:

this one. linking due to cw:transphobia
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887733&userid=62024&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post495507064

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Hi friends. This is not the thread for hashing out your problems with current or former mods. It is also unacceptable to helldump or doxx people here regardless of how fair game you happen to think someone or their PII is. Please move on to actually posting about the thread topic. Thanks.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Bob Wins posted:

It's ok man, people are just following orders.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Reene posted:

Hi friends. This is not the thread for hashing out your problems with current or former mods. It is also unacceptable to helldump or doxx people here regardless of how fair game you happen to think someone or their PII is. Please move on to actually posting about the thread topic. Thanks.

Reene how do you not have PMs but ur a supermod

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

How much blood is OK on whos hands is something you should all ask yourself.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

TTerrible posted:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Nessus posted:

I think there’s an ethical grey area in a lot of careers (working for a company that has major DoD contractors as customers, law enforcement, etc) that’s ultimately up to individual moral compasses to determine if they’re acceptable or not. For some careers though (weapons designer, some law careers, ICE/border patrol, lobbyist for fraught clients) I think the moral judgment is more straightforward.

I definitely think it’s a complicated, nuanced discussion that this thread is not exactly in the right state to discuss though.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

TTerrible posted:

I literally just received a PM so hmmmm. Some permissions got hosed up when the transition happened though so there might be something fucky still. Can you try again and if it doesn't work you can email me at reeneofsa@gmail.com?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Reene posted:

I literally just received a PM so hmmmm. Some permissions got hosed up when the transition happened though so there might be something fucky still. Can you try again and if it doesn't work you can email me at reeneofsa@gmail.com?

Oh that's weird, you don't even have the button on my screen. Will do, thanks!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

TTerrible posted:

Radium code is real special.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Libertad! posted:

Also importantly things like ICE's inhumane family separation policies being drafted by literal white supremacist Stephen Miller (who btw got disowned by his Jewish family for said worldview).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/democrats-call-stephen-miller-resign-after-leak-xenophobic-emails-n1081941

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stephen-miller-breitbart-white-supremacist-trump-a9246981.html

I do want to note: Stephen Miller is a white nationalist and white supremacist.

He's still Jewish, he's just absolutely awful.

I bring this up because I'm Jewish and there's a thing that's been going around twitter declaring rear end in a top hat Christians to be "fake" Christians because they don't actually follow the tenets of their religion. And the thing is: they're still Christians! Real Christians!

They're just bad Christians.

And basically, this is one of my hot button issues, if y'all are Christian don't disown the assholes, deal with them. No one else gets to disown theirs, after all.

e: except the assholes' family, who can LITERALLY disown them, I mean, as in this case. basically disclaiming them as coreligionists is disclaiming responsibility for dealing with them.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 30, 2019

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Reene posted:

Please move on to actually posting about the thread topic. Thanks.

Really frustrating to hear this from mods when people are calling out fascists in trad gaming, in this, the thread for calling out fascists in trad gaming. You're not the first mod to do that ITT.

I still only vaguely know what we're talking about, though, so mission accomplished, mod team, on preventing people from talking about the thread topic. You've successfully intimidated people into not posting clearly and permabanned and edited out the one post that I assume had some plain explanation in it.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Just to be clear, if you work in defense or as a defense contractor, with ice, with the cops, border patrol, ECT, your job is fash and wrong and if that upsets you change xarreers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DontMockMySmock posted:

Really frustrating to hear this from mods when people are calling out fascists in trad gaming, in this, the thread for calling out fascists in trad gaming. You're not the first mod to do that ITT.

I still only vaguely know what we're talking about, though, so mission accomplished, mod team, on preventing people from talking about the thread topic. You've successfully intimidated people into not posting clearly and permabanned and edited out the one post that I assume had some plain explanation in it.

Big Meaty Shits linked to a website containing Beer4's real name and professional information that he found through internet detectiving. It's clear cut doxxing.