Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

fool of sound posted:

Big Meaty Shits linked to a website containing Beer4's real name and professional information that he found through internet detectiving. It's clear cut doxxing.

Well that's fair I suppose, but it still doesn't solve the problem that I still don't know whether/why B4TBG is a fascist or what the deal is with goonhammer. Surely there must be some non-doxxing way to explain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

goddamn this thread sucks so much poo poo

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

fool of sound posted:

Big Meaty Shits linked to a website containing Beer4's real name and professional information that he found through internet detectiving. It's clear cut doxxing.

I'm kinda mad he did that because it makes the other permas look justifiable. Cause I agree, that's doxxing.

Neopie posted:

Just to be clear, if you work in defense or as a defense contractor, with ice, with the cops, border patrol, ECT, your job is fash and wrong and if that upsets you change xarreers.

This. Also, if you do this and you also play trad games congratulations you are a fascist in trad games. Sorry for anyone just finding this out today for the first time.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

JBP posted:

What's your job

I can't get into specifics but I work for a large department of defense company that regularly picks up contracts for the US Air Force. I'm certainly not making bombs but not too far removed from the process.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Cat Face Joe posted:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Neopie posted:

Just to be clear, if you work in defense or as a defense contractor, with ice, with the cops, border patrol, ECT, your job is fash and wrong and if that upsets you change xarreers.

This is loving stupid.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

DontMockMySmock posted:

Well that's fair I suppose, but it still doesn't solve the problem that I still don't know whether/why B4TBG is a fascist or what the deal is with goonhammer. Surely there must be some non-doxxing way to explain it.

B4TBG writes for Goonhammer, and their day job is in defense. That's literally it, as far as the fascist connection goes.

The transphobic post is an entirely different issue and looping both under the fash umbrella is not helpful.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Being in the military doesn't make you a fascist, but it's not a morally neutral career decision like being a plumber or something either; it's putting yourself at the disposal of an office that's occupied by a fascist about 50% of the time and an imperialist 100% of the time.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ruffini posted:

This is loving stupid.

I quit my first ever grown up career job in large part because I was uncomfortable with the fact our biggest customer was General Dynamics. I know everyone’s personal ethical line is different but it felt really weird to get a paycheck every couple weeks and think about what percentage of it was being subsidized by the military industrial complex and what our components were being used for.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Mr. Humalong posted:

A post from six months ago when he got mad at Arivia, a poster TGRS loathes when they can't use her as a tool to harass the mods and admin team.

e: vvv my bad, it was from 7 months ago.

:thunk:

Strobe posted:

B4TBG writes for Goonhammer, and their day job is in defense. That's literally it, as far as the fascist connection goes.

The transphobic post is an entirely different issue and looping both under the fash umbrella is not helpful.

Bomb designer sounds a lot worse than just being involved in defense. Probably not in the same way as ICE.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Bob Wins posted:

I can't get into specifics but I work for a large department of defense company that regularly picks up contracts for the US Air Force. I'm certainly not making bombs but not too far removed from the process.

You should quit that job. Obviously, like, most jobs under capitalism are to one extent or another compromised but, that's a pretty big one as far as that goes.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Bob Wins posted:

If you'd lose your job if you publicly came out as hating fascism then it means your job requires you to be a fascist, hope this helps

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

they're talking about beer4thebeergod, the permabans were not to prevent people from saying his username like he's voldemort but bc (rightly or wrongly) jeffrey of yospos thought he was being stalked and doxxed, and I have no clue why everyone itt is acting like they're hiding from the gestapo in an attic

literally the worst case scenario here is that you have to pay ten dollars for a new account for saying that, which I won't, for posting that

The guy just now actually literally doxxed him, the other two are still bullshit

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Froghammer posted:

If you'd lose your job if you publicly came out as hating fascism then it means your job requires you to be a fascist, hope this helps

Pretty sure you can say that anywhere bub.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

General Olloth posted:

I'm kinda mad he did that because it makes the other permas look justifiable. Cause I agree, that's doxxing.

I was trying to get the others overturned and when bird PMed me to say they were going to stand because of this my exact response was "they're a motherfucker and I hate them"

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

fool of sound posted:

What, did he link to Goonhammer?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Reene posted:

Hi friends. This is not the thread for hashing out your problems with current or former mods. It is also unacceptable to helldump or doxx people here regardless of how fair game you happen to think someone or their PII is. Please move on to actually posting about the thread topic. Thanks.

It would be cool if there was actually a place to hash out these issues given that there seem to be a lot of them cropping up and none of them are going away, but I guess in lieu of that,

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Froghammer posted:

I'm sorry about the hatch act???

Anyway I swear this forum has something like an autoimmune disease, we don't have enough actual shitheads around so we melt down over each other.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Mods should probably go through a background check to make sure they're not involved in the kind of poo poo beer was.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm sorry about the hatch act???

Anyway I swear this forum has something like an autoimmune disease, we don't have enough actual shitheads around so we melt down over each other.
I think there’s something to this.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Edit: nobody needs to read this.

Anarchist Mae fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 31, 2019

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
People who wield and otherwise serve state sponsored force are allowed to post on this website. We have a subforum full of em. This isn't a value judgment, and you don't have to like them or their jobs, but you're not allowed to harass them off the forums over it, and that's unlikely to change.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

e: ignore this

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 31, 2019

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

fool of sound posted:

People who wield and otherwise serve state sponsored force are allowed to post on this website. We have a subforum full of em. This isn't a value judgment, and you don't have to like them or their jobs, but you're not allowed to harass them off the forums over it, and that's unlikely to change.

I will frown at them and judge them harshly for it over my monitor, but it is easy for me to ask them to sacrifice their careers.

Still do hope they get out but it's not easy to just throw out your job like that.

Edit: I feel like at least some confusion over beer is from posts just being edited to wipe it out completely without any information on what exactly the poster did wrong.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Because my first post appeared to be unclear: we are moving on from talking about Beer or Beer's job in this thread. I am sorry if this kills all your posting dreams but it's over. Move on. Continuing to post about it will just lead to posting vacations at this point.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Edit: nobody needed this.

Anarchist Mae fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 31, 2019

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Reene posted:

Because my first post appeared to be unclear: we are moving on from talking about Beer or Beer's job in this thread. I am sorry if this kills all your posting dreams but it's over. Move on. Continuing to post about it will just lead to posting vacations at this point.

please close this terrible thread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

please close this terrible thread

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Close it, and I'll salvage the OP for an untainted fash in gaming thread.

Also make me mod, everyone hates me anyway so I'm qualified.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bob Wins posted:

Goondolences

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

fool of sound posted:

And you could have edited out that specifc part instead of the whole loving thing.

Maybe you should let BIG MEATY SHITS do a "but I was bullied into doxing people by bullies who bullied me and anyway I never did it despite saying I had done it" post? That's got people let off without even a sixer before now.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

And you could have edited out that specifc part instead of the whole loving thing.

Maybe you should let BIG MEATY SHITS do a "but I was bullied into doxing people by bullies who bullied me and anyway I never did it despite saying I had done it" post? That's got people let off without even a sixer before now.

I didn't do the editing and I have no idea what the second part of your post means.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Someones been editing out said posts.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bob Wins posted:

Today I learned I'm fash because of what I do for a job.

Not only that, Bob.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

fool of sound posted:

I didn't do the editing and I have no idea what the second part of your post means.

Several goons got halfassedly doxxed here a while back, it was obvious who did it and why, but nothing happened to them.

After nothing happened to them, nobody wanted to speak up about it. Recent events should make it blindingly loving obvious why not.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Bob Wins posted:

Today I learned I'm fash because of what I do for a job.

why'd it take so long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Several goons got halfassedly doxxed here a while back, it was obvious who did it and why, but nothing happened to them.

After nothing happened to them, nobody wanted to speak up about it. Recent events should make it blindingly loving obvious why not.

Sorry that happened, doxxing shouldn't be ignored. I don't normally read this thread nor mod this forum, but if you want to pm me details I can bring those cases to the admins if you'd like, or you can forward them yourself.