Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Put me in the "I wonder if that game I backed is coming out soon-oh, it's out this week :stare:" club.

I hope big hammers along with sword n board are cool :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Kill All Humans posted:

Mordhau: Chivalry is dead

Voting 5.

Beta people: How viable is the dane axe? I get that in BR especially I need to learn every weapon I can find, but I'd love to hear some tips on a few of the medium sized weapons with decent speed. Also bing back quad packs on Steam

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I never checked, are javelins back in? Because that was the funnest poo poo in Chivalry. You could keep poking dudes from a real nice range, and if they annoy you just throw it right into their face.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Perestroika posted:

I never checked, are javelins back in? Because that was the funnest poo poo in Chivalry. You could keep poking dudes from a real nice range, and if they annoy you just throw it right into their face.
:hai: I also hope they are back in style as an item stack, rather than singular spears that you can also happen to throw.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Very hype for this game but I'm a sucker for medieval "realistic" games. Played a ton of War of the Roses (Rip) and Chivalry. Shout out to Of Kings and Men, the last early access game I ever got.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's out now. 20-ish gig download.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Bardeh posted:

It's out now. 20-ish gig download.

I'm at work and I'm eager to hear some trip reports

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm at work and I'm eager to hear some trip reports

Same. Trip reports and "how's this thing run on older cpus paired with stronger gpus" takes though I'll probably just have to buy it to find out.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm bummed that theres no skin option darker than slight nordic tan for customization.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The skill ceiling seems insanely high, I played a few rounds and I am getting absolutely obliterated, goddamn.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Kill All Humans posted:

Mordhau: Chivalry is dead

I don't like mentioning other games in thread titles but this is real good

only downside is, if mordhau dies early we're gonna look real fuckin' stupid lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well the thing is, this game really is the new Chivalry, and if thats the case, I suspect its going to have a pretty long shelf life

its easy to jump into Chivalry even after all this time and find people, so I imagine that will be the case here too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Small thoughts:

Foppish is the best voice to pick, I wish they just had a buy menu in horde mode instead of running around the map trying to remember where everything is.

Always be hitting V.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I don't doubt that this is going to last a while, especially becauce you have turbogrogs like me who will just sit there and enjoy swinging a sword around for the hell of it. I still boot up Warband after all these years to knock people around, Mordhau is going to be my jam for a long loving time. I'll petition a mod when I get home to give a title change. I'll also spice the OP up a bit when I can get my hands on the game.

Anyone playing and has capture tools, take sick fight videos and layer music like this on top:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmoEoyeITJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3bWR_aLlas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvfcLn25xXI

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I remember Die by the Blade that game was sick.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Small thoughts:

Foppish is the best voice to pick, I wish they just had a buy menu in horde mode instead of running around the map trying to remember where everything is.

Always be hitting V.

Gonna be disappointed if V isn't the scream key. God screaming and taunting in chivalry was half the fun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there's a lot of voice work put into this game. I'm not 100% sure there's a dedicated scream key but there 100% is buttons you can press to yell at each other

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

there's a lot of voice work put into this game. I'm not 100% sure there's a dedicated scream key but there 100% is buttons you can press to yell at each other

As long as I can hit like button-# to laugh or say yes/no/talk to people in combat I'll be happy. Really though if the game just plays like newer Chivalry I'll also be happy.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I watched a stream where someone lopped someone else's head off then chased the head and kicked it around.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

MagusDraco posted:

As long as I can hit like button-# to laugh or say yes/no/talk to people in combat I'll be happy. Really though if the game just plays like newer Chivalry I'll also be happy.

you absolutely can do this, and there's a ton of voice lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ToObYTeA0o

Trix uploaded a Best Of video, lots of good stuff in here. my favorite part of all these videos is seeing all the different knights and barbarians and peasants, customization rules in this game.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 29, 2019

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm guessing their servers are on fire or something because matchmaking never finds me a game. I can join matches through the server browser though.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bardeh posted:

I'm guessing their servers are on fire or something because matchmaking never finds me a game. I can join matches through the server browser though.

Yeah I think whats happening right now is there just aren't nearly enough public servers accepting players from the matchmaker - and when a spot does free up on one of those servers it gets ddosed for a bit because the matchmaker tries to throw a ton of players at it

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Can you make your own server or does it make a big deal about it? Like Killing Floor 2 does.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/gcMbO1z.mp4

Game's good, though the servers are apparently on fire right now, with plenty of lag and packet loss. Been messing around a bit with the customization. The original stackable javelins don't seem to be in, but you still can take a short spear that's excellent for poking while also being throwable, and you still have enough weight left over to carry a decent sidearm. The maul also makes a glorious return, including the ability to crush a guy's head in a single strike :getin:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

you absolutely can do this, and there's a ton of voice lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ToObYTeA0o

Trix uploaded a Best Of video, lots of good stuff in here. my favorite part of all these videos is seeing all the different knights and barbarians and peasants, customization rules in this game.

All the hair and beards are really ugly though, and the previously mentioned no skin tone options really.

Also I don't think some of these skirmish maps were intended for 64 players because the opening of each round is all the knights getting door stuck while the archers pepper them with free shots from across the map.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 29, 2019

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Started to get the hang of it. Game is fun and brutal as hell, but the best part is doing a sword flourish before a duel :getin:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Seems like right now theres a couple of bugs: Sometimes the only servers that show up for me are the SEA territory ones with unplayable ping, and getting a lot of confirmed stories from friends about not getting any money or experience after matches.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As far as I can tell they had a testing cap of a couple hundred players at any given time so this is all probably to be expected. Hopefully they handle it well.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Important question that decides whether I get this, can I go into the 64 player big battles and then just run around with a lute all day providing moral support for my team?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Orv posted:

As far as I can tell they had a testing cap of a couple hundred players at any given time so this is all probably to be expected. Hopefully they handle it well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/bisdil/server_hotfix_inc/

Sounds like yeah on both counts, both the server issues and the progression ones, and they're working on it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

Important question that decides whether I get this, can I go into the 64 player big battles and then just run around with a lute all day providing moral support for my team?

no that's explicitly against the ToS and they'll VAC ban your steam account if you try that

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

I was just in a huge 64 man TDM server where someone was doing exactly that, with 3 allies surrounding him at all times protecting him lol

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

no that's explicitly against the ToS and they'll VAC ban your steam account if you try that

wow hosed up guess all devs just hate fun

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's a bug of some kind right now where sometimes on your first spawn in you don't have any equipment, so I fisted a man to death.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Orv posted:

I fisted a man to death.

Hot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can I get an idea of how many people would use a channel in discord for Mordhau specifically? I've only seen a couple people in the discord for Mordhau at the moment.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Game good.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can throw your sword pommel at people and it does 1 damage, there had better be an achievement for killing someone with it.

Also occasionally you'll chop an enemy player's arm off but they're not dead, leaving them with nothing to do but limp away until they get thwacked. GOTY

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 29, 2019

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Orv posted:

Game good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Bardeh posted:

You can throw your sword pommel at people and it does 1 damage, there had better be an achievement for killing someone with it.

Also occasionally you'll chop an enemy player's arm off but they're not dead, leaving them with nothing to do but limp away until they get thwacked. GOTY

I wonder if this is what the "end them rightly" achievement is for?