Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
There seems to be a new meta among some of the tryhards where they wiggle and jiggle their character while feinting. It makes it impossible to keep a track of their weapon or swing, and it gets me every time.

Qubee posted:

It's laughable (and a tiny bit broken) that a single blacksmith hammer wielding toolbox guy can successfully keep 10 dudes at bay by barricading the only entrance to the warden orgy dungeon with 3 barricades, and just strafing and hammering each one. Took us a few minutes to actually get through, and I think about 4 of us died to team damage. Then we finally break through and someone threw a fire pot into our midst (from our team's side) and teamkilled a few of us

Thats why need a class with either an axe with the 50% dmg increase agaisnt structures, or a firepot handy. Firepots eat barricades for breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dungeon Ecology posted:

devs have to look at the invasion mode for grad.
Once blue fails to protect the peasants, it’s over. It’s too easy to gank the warden before blue can get their act together, and then red can spam the catapult over and over until the king goes into the parapet where he can quickly be burned to death by pots.

i think they should make it so blue can go anywhere red can go, so they can go attack the catapult

That might make the blue able to spawn rape the red team. I think a removal of the catapult at that stage would be better.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's a Slovenian dev team, they'll never ever add it.

I wonder if games like the ghost of tsushima will also be subjected to demands for racial diversion, like Mordhau and Kingdom Come? Or is that a requirement for games with a western historical setting only?

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 28, 2020

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hakimashou posted:

What are the demands of racial diversion?

Eh, english isnt my first language, I'll try to restructure the sentence, hopefully it will make more sense. The question i was trying to ask was if other ethnically monogamous historical games will be subjected to the same demands for racial diversion as Mordhau and Kingdom Come has.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 28, 2020

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

have you seen my baby posted:

The devs are teasing a new weapon, the Polehammer. No word on stats / how it will play but my guess is it will be the maul with halberd/zwei range and an even more punishing miss lockout. Can't wait to get teamkilled by this bad-boy.

It looks like a huge can opener, cant wait to try it. Speaking of wich, is there a proper armour penetration mechanic in the game? I played for some time, but never really thought about it. The halberd alternative attack turns the spike around but i havent seen any benefits of using that agaisnt armour.

mdct posted:

This is complete protector-of-european-purity horseshit.

Uh, what, did you just call me a racist?

timn posted:

I think what we're more likely seeing here is western people and western media speaking to what they know. We're familiar with the issue of white supremacists co-opting those historical sources, so we're pretty sensitive to how those settings are portrayed in media.

What most of us aren't familiar with are the racial politics of other non-western societies and how that's influenced by the modern potrayal of their own historical settings. That doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing to think critically about there or that a double-standard is being intentionally applied, but it could be a good opportunity for us to reflect and check our blindspots.

Thanks for a coherent and non hostile response. I do wish this debate wasnt just a uniquely western phenomen. There are a lot of other nations out there with some serious denial issues of their past, who could do with a open and frank debate in regards to the people who contributed to their own history. Especially in these times where historical movies, games and tv show is increasingly popular all over the world.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 28, 2020

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Glenn Quebec posted:

Which other cultures specifically are you talking about

Typo, i meant nations

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Glenn Quebec posted:

Ok what nations

I think I know what you are doing here but gently caress it, ill bite. Examples of countries who could really do with an open debate about their history include(but are not limited to): Turkey, China, Japan, Pakistan, Iran.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 28, 2020

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mdct posted:

If you don't want to be called a racist then don't use textbook racist dogwhistling. If you're genuinely unaware that that's all it is, then sure, I apologize - but also now you know.

Edit: like, okay, I'll be honest here - the reason why this is the case is that "but when will everyone else recognize that xenophobia and historical revisionism is bad??" has the unspoken added implication "until they do it too, I don't have to admit it". Yes, every country in the world should face their history and past and accept that other human beings have always existed, but you know what doesn't need to come up when we're talking about the ethnic homogeneity or relative lack thereof in Europe? That same topic of the rest of the world - just like how if we were to talk about Japan's historical contact and poor treatment of Koreans, Chinese, their own other non-Yamato native peoples etc, bringing up "but also England in India, though" is irrelevant. There's an entire name for this as a logical fallacy - it's called Whataboutism, and is like propaganda 101 - which is why it's a white supremacist dog whistle.

Yeah, I think I see your point, i hate "whataboutism" in general so yeah, I understand how my question looked like it was leading up to that. :P And no, it wasnt a "racist dogwhistle" or whatever. It was a genuine question from me.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 29, 2020

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Midgetskydiver posted:

He's making the thread less of a safe space for racists wanting to spread misinformation. Which is of course a good thing- and his mood doesn't have any bearing on how right or wrong he is. (He's right).

Yeah please point out where these racists spread wanted to spread misinformation TIA

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dungeon Ecology posted:

cosplayers and lutelords are truly the lifeblood of this game

I created a Warhammer witchunter class, and after some proselytizing in the chat, managed to gather both teams for a ceremony devoted to sigmar in the tower on Crossroads. It ended with some filthy chaos worshipper firing off the mortar in the middle of my sermon

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DreadCthulhu posted:

How's the game in Oct 2020, should I be getting into it now? Is it possible to play it without feeling like a sore loser, or should you expect to hate yourself for the first few months?

I think the best way to enjoy this game is to figure out what you like the most. For me, I hate duels because I feel its too sweaty for me. Running around with barely any armour and a halberd, hacking people in the back during big melees on frontline is my jam.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
For bigger gamemodes, i foudn that playing in third person helps a lot with situational awareness, and you can see better the range and speed of your own and the opponents weapons.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

eonwe posted:

chivalry 2 thread when

Be the change you want to see brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Orv posted:

Wasn't that literally a thing in Chiv 1 when you still had living people? Might be conflating with some other objective game but

EDIT:
nvm i'm a dumdum