Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

There's no real matchmaking and no MMR system of any sort. Matches will be horribly imbalanced. I hope they do something about this but, until they do, do you want people that get a >3:1 K:D to just quit the game or something?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
What is the best primary to go with firebomb secondary/tertiary

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Sundance Shot posted:

Enjoy beating a knight in full plate armor to death with your bare hands while you're both on fire.

I've got half this down

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

The best class is running the lute, getting on top of a roof near the middle of the battlefield but more towards their side. Then push: c4c4c4c4 and change that to c3c3c3c3 if they ever get close

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

There's voice chat? I figured they forgot to implement it yet

This isnt fallout 76 bad cmon now

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

only works if you consistently get lots of kills
have some sympathy for us bads

The thread needs more build theorycrafting for .5 and under KDA imo

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I throw my fire grenades at any teammate in a 1v1 and if they don't run away and the enemy does then we deserve to lose and my team needs to get good

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Dagger+firebomb+firebomb is actually 4 throwables if I ever make it to an ammo chest

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

psyman posted:

In practically every multiplayer game I’ve played, the pros all use high sensitivity and can whip around in an instant, which is really common in FPS.

????

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

cerebral posted:

The benefits of being able to communicate in large scale public games such as this one are vastly overrated. Not being constantly reminded how awful people can be when anonymous in a consequence free environment is vastly underrated. The first thing I did when firing up this game, and the first thing I do when firing up any online game these days is to disable chat. ("these days" is kind of bullshit, people have always been terrible in online games, my tolerance for it is the only thing that has changed)

This is why I spam c4 at people all game

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

yall should watch this
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/420496119?t=40m45s

Deakul posted:

So, I want to get into this but I'm... almost afraid to hop online after trying to get through the tutorial.

Just how important is all of the stuff in the tutorial to have fun with the game?

next post: why can't I hit anyone?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Nordick posted:

Note to self: if you see a guy named "Jax" in the opposite team, just walk the gently caress away. Jesus.

I'm torn between wanting to be that good and uninstalling. I like when he dives into 4, its like a movie with lovely henchmen. 19-0 gadamn o_O

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Why? At least that way you're doing something

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Comrayn posted:

If you want to be the most annoying guy in the game make an all fire pot load out and find a team deathmatch server on that castle ruins map. Just keep doing laps to the ammo box in the middle.

That load out really shines on horseback

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Orv posted:

It's not a terrible stretch to imagine that the game made by (probably mostly) white guys whose history of the European continent is probably not particularly thorough - aside from weapons - said "Well there were no black people in Europe" because that's come up multiple times in gaming in the last few years. I don't think it ultimately matters if they're not doing it for malicious reasons and are instead simply reading the wrong books or whatever. Obviously if someone digs up something bad then yeah, these games attract that crowd for a reason.

Its institutionalized racism op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

I know right. I tried to play Tomb Raider and there was no way to play as Vietnamese guy, game returned. loving bigots.

Dear god people. Play the video game, not the victim.

haha what the gently caress is wrong with you