Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Mordhau u doin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
But is this game good if I never played Chivalry but liked For Honour

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Okay picked this game up and having a great time with it, it's way funnier than I expected

I am Bad but I've been playing Frontlines where it's 32v32 so I'm pretty sure there's no way to be "good" at this game in that circumstance unless you absolutely know what you're doing

Screaming Sledgehammer Peasant does not know what he is doing

He only knows that skulls need to be crushed for 'is lohd

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Is it just me or does this game seem way easier in 3rd person? Being able to see your actual animations and the real physical reach of the sword has prevented a lot of "why the gently caress did my blade not reach" stuff that having no true 3D in first person does for melee combat.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILhLK2S8yus

This game is too drat funny

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Unlucky7 posted:

I thought it was like the number of respawns that each team is allotted.

That can't be true because then having me on their team means the game would be over in 30 seconds

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

hakimashou posted:

3rd person defeats the whole purpose of the game

Is the whole purpose of the game to be deceived by your weapons range due to how first person melee combat works in games

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The arming sword is the secret sauce to chumping folks with bigass swords

That thing comes out so quick and the damage is still respectable that once the ball gets rolling it's hard to stop before people panic

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm still bad at this game but this game is good and hitting guys with your sword is a fun time

I play with team colours off because things look cooler and I respect people's customisations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
For anyone who sucks, going into a duel server and getting your rear end kicked is an amazing way to improve. Just fight literally everyone and don't stop and your brain will figure it out.

I did that for a few hours and now I feel like a genius going back into Frontlines and I take back all the rude things I said about this game because it's rad. I'm still poo poo but getting a positive KD every few games and holding your own in a fight feels amazing