Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I've been playing a poo poo load of duel servers and getting mad but i'm obsessed and oh god is the skill ceiling high. I was regularly topping servers and convinced i was king poo poo until some guy came on and fought every single person on the server individually without getting hit a single time and ending the map 30-0. 3 levels to the painted sallet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Motherfucker posted:

Playing duels is where my couple thousand hours of hours of Chiv paid off. All you really need is one skill: Ignoring feints. You can pretty much pound an axe through even the most try hard dragger eventually if you never flinch... Especially hillarious are the multi feinters who spend 30 stamina in one spastic flail before getting parried like its nothing... Nothings better than powering through it and just smacking aside their weapon when they try and parry you with no stamina and get disarmed and than rocked.

Works real good on shield boys too... better even since the shield engenders passivity. The game rewards aggression and you could mentally picture it as a sort of dance, parrying and blocking costs while swinging and hitting even if its parried or blocked costs nothing. So just beat the loving poo poo out shield boys and eventually they'll lose their shield and probably lose their poo poo too.

Yeah this is good advice. It's frustrating dying to feint spammers knowing they are one hit away from having no stam but it's good practice on blocking at least. Once they start morphing huge overhead lunges into head level thrusts and swings at knee height is when poo poo gets real

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
haven't played in quite a while are people still looking at your feet and violently swing their torsos up and down to morph spam

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
hey guys can you still wildly swing your torso up and down and morph strikes

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
chiv poo