Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I remember seeing the pre-alpha of this game years ago and thinking "man this game is gonna rip. I wonder if it will ever come out."

And now it's coming out! Prob gonna lan it up with the fellas and get crazy drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Been playing on Aus servers. No real racist stuff so far. Game is crazy is fun

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Played a few games now and my Chivalry time is starting to come back to me.

Once you get a handle on the controls it becomes a lot easier to beat the swing spammers as you can just chamber their swings and murder them.

Was playing Frontline and I was the only guy defending the King downstairs. Was really fun to choke people up in the doorways and murder them with the Arming sword.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Game has honestly gotten more and more boring over time as everything has homogenized into a few weapons and abusing the same busted mechanics. Sure you can kill them but it's not fun.

Do you mean over the alpha or over the week this game has been out?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

How to beat stab spammers and shieldboys apparently

https://youtu.be/eHaCreJXOto

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Had a hooded Zwei dude run at me winding up his strike and I just threw my axe into his face, instantly killing him.

This game makes me wish I didn't need sleep to live

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I made a merc that is basically the Man At Arms from Chiv

1/2/1

Arming Sword
Dagger
Throwing Axes

Dodge
And then whatever other perks you want.

Getting my eye back in definitely. I die a huge amount in frontline though as it is difficult to finish people before someone else comes up and kills me.

Oh well.

Game is so goddamn fun though.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm starting to get the feeling that chambering is really not worth it a lot of the time, at least in a 1v1/1v2 scenario. Too much stamina drain. Baiting out chambers to drain the enemy's stamina is where it's at.

Also join up in the official goon Discord in the OP guys, come complain about rapier users in the chat and post your ugly rear end knights and play some drat games!! We'll teach you how to destroy everyone in both Frontline and in Duels, we got this poo poo on lock.

Chambering seems to work pretty well for me but I'm running into stab spammers who will just chamber my chamber. Any suggestions on dealing with that or should I just spam stab too when I come up against one of these players?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I for real wish horses didn't exist in this game. They're like jets in Battlefield in the sense they don't really cap points or interact with the rest of the game in any way, except occassionally killing you while you're busy doing something else, like having fun.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

My biggest problem with spear + shield is that it's difficult to break through before some other spear + shield kills you. I think the big fix is making kick a bit more effective on them? Or just lowering the speed of the short spear stab

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Had a Frontline game where neither team had a bunch of spear + shield spammers and it was extremely fun

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

drat after this patch my ping is totally cooked. 150+ which makes it impossible to play. Hopefully it's fixed soon because of my thirst for blood

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Zotix posted:

I must have chambered spears 50 times today, and not one single time was I able to capitalize on it. I legitimately have no idea what the hell to do to counter spears/ poke.

Morph stab into a strike and accel it. That's pretty much all you can do. Or just keep chambering until they drop their spear.

It's hugely unfun but it is possible to beat spear spam 1v1. In Frontline you will prob just get stabbed by another dude with spear while you're trying to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

One streamer said something good about right click to feint/parry: it puts all your sword controls onto the mouse which is probably easier on your brain. That's one reason I wouldn't have E doing underhand strike or whatever