Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Facehugging rapiers are horseshit. I can chamber their stabs if I'm lucky, but they can still block afterwards. Needs to be a stamina cost to being chambered to be honest.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Just played a game where I got a 7-kill streak in like 20 seconds when outnumbered lol. Felt like a demi-god. I need a decent duel server to really improve though.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

I got uncontrollably tooled on by a peasant with an iron skillet

Me too, he was blonde and his name was Gordon Ramsay. I lost my poo poo once I saw the name.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I seem to have entered the worst duel server in Mordhau. Top five guys have about 120+ kills and 10-15 deaths between them, and they're spazzing out and constantly using drags, so I'm learning nothing. Literally identical to chiv tryhards.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 8, 2019

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Can you chamber-morph a rapier+shield's stab into a kick, for a quick followup? They're near impossible to break without letting them facehug you so you can get a kick in. I've seen guys with heater shields last ridiculously long vs 5 or more opponents on their own.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Orv posted:

The dudes swinging their swords/mauls/war axe while moving in figure eights and just hewing through two and three people at a time. They're not fun to fight even if you know how and it looks ridiculous.

I've seen guys like this who run away then insta-180 and lop off 1-3 heads with the executioners sword, racking up 50+ kills a game and they're infuriating. I know you can just not be baited into charging them, but their swing speed is ridiculous and they've eyes on the back of their heads.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 13, 2019

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

You know a guy has played chiv a ton when he starts sniffing the ground to hide his cleaver's diagonal slash. At that point I just start praying.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

How in the gently caress is the billhook only 5 points, holy poo poo. With a 3/3/2 character with friendly/fireproof/tenacious, I'm cleaning up compared to a longsword build. Being able to utilize footwork and range to bait with a missed swing and stab a dude in the face is the poo poo. I find it difficult to chamber swings though.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Does anyone know what's happening when someone attacking you seems to close the gap incredibly quickly during the swing? It's not dodge, but it throws me off whenever it happens because of how I rely on footwork. Are they sprinting into me during the swing?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

timn posted:

IMO the executioner sword is going to become a noob trap when the average player skill gets high enough and people stop taking any of its stabs seriously. When it becomes safe to assume that an exec sword will feint or morph any stab because the consequence of eating one is so low, then whoops half the mixup game is gone.

They'll just move to third person and swing while moving in figures of eight, just because it's so ridiculously effective.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Was there an update or do Euro servers go to bed after 0200?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Is there a limit to how many mini-ballistas can be built per team? Had to deal with a fairly depressing time in Camp as red where River was turned into Omaha Beach with a lance horse mopping up those trying to take cover.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I'm seeing a good few people doing straight up chiv style drags successfully. Seems these autists have figured a way around the drag limitation in certain cases. Not helicopter spinning, but moves annoying enough to have to see again.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Having a maul/war axe/heavy hand axe suddenly speed up and close the distance when you know you were well outside their effective range is infuriating. It isn't lag or dodge and it's not consistent enough for it to be a trick that someone would have mastered, but it happens enough that people basically rely on it. What the gently caress am I dealing with here and how do I do it myself?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

So I have a full gothic 3/3/3 with Fireproof & Friendly, arming sword and bandage. What's the best 2 point perk to go with it? My aim is to pick up Zweis and go to town on frontline.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

sum posted:

Put them on the tops of stairs and ladders where they're hard to see, that's the only consistent way I've found to get people to actually step in them.

They're also great for advanced warning of something coming when you're hijacking enemy ballistas, in particular Blue's outer ballista in Grad.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Any trick to being able to consistently unhorse spear horsemen with the billhook and no toolbox? Being caught out in the open sucks and I only unhorse one out of every ten tries vs spears if I'm lucky. Unless I'm on the other side of a bump where my crouch stab has a better chance.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 3, 2019

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Nordick posted:

Apparently today is "Absolutely nothing I try ever works" day.

On those days I just go with my 3/3/2 billhook build and use footwork. Punish whiffs with your longer range stabs. Except when I come up against some max FOV, third person, 70-5 autist with bloodlust and abuses the "runway & 180 lunge" mechanic with a war axe. If I see that gently caress on a bad day I'm making it my mission to hem him in with a kite shield so he can be properly piled on.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Just had the pleasure of facing a blatant teamstack by GIRU where his entire team filled red instantly and all of red went with some 2(3?)/2/2 Kite+short spear build with fireproof & flesh wound (friendly). It lost its novelty after 5 mins to how unstoppable it was. What I want to know was how he managed to fill Red team slots instantly, seeing as how there's a limitation to stacking in every server that I've been to. Like it would be nice to see if two teams did that versus each other, but it's horseshit to stack a team like that.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 30, 2019

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

trunkh posted:

By being more popular than you.

Wait, friends groups bypass the stacking limitation? So having a massive friends list means you can shitstomp any server you wish, continuously? Why haven't other clans tried this yet, repeatedly, as pubstompers are wont to do?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I'm at level 58 currently and feel I'm ok at the game. My goto build used to be the super tryhard "GIRU special" which is 3/3/3 bloodlust + cleaver and a few perks, then 3/3/2 bloodlust+cleaver & 1 more perk. Bloodlust is way too much of a crutch though, so now I've settled on 3/3/2 axe+firebomb, with the perks being friendly/fireproof/(tenacious or wrecker)/cat. Extremely versatile, as the axe can used used as a thrown weapon once I've picked up something with a little more range. Impossible to do morphs with it but it's great at accels. The fire bomb just give you way more options.

Aside from virtually no regular output from the devs, the sweatlords just loving kill this game dead. With the Christmas sale all the lvl 90+ duelists and sweats crawled out of their ghastly modded hovels to regularly reap 70+ kills in a round for their pyramid of default archer skulls. Which they're entitled to do, but they're infuriating to fight against. I'm 300 hours in and have some experience, but it's like they're reading my mind. Feints? Not gonna work, sometimes they still manage to block even after I bait a parry from them*. Chamber, they counter with an unreadable insta-accel*. I can't really block into his drags like I used to in Chiv. Whenever a guy knows he's hosed up he'll do that crouch, 180, groundsniff move to dodge perfectly, sometimes still blocking when his back is turned and respond with a perfectly timed maul lunge which quadrupled his range, throws me off and hits my head (they've perfect aim by the way). Why the lunge nerf was reversed is beyond me. For the tryhards who always do wonky animations I just disengage and gangbang them at every opportunity.

*I kinda realise that accels are the name of the game here versus the sweatlords, but I'm too loving old for that poo poo. Feinting a chamber actually give you a good chance of throwing a sweatlord off (to them it's a criminal use of stamina), but to capitalise on it consistently you need to be able to insta-accel. Which I can't do. Mouse recommendation to replace my Corsair Harpoon?

Also, loving introduce autobalance you fucks. No autobalance in this game is approaching :pgi: levels of retardation.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 31, 2019

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

e; quote is not edit.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Is autobalance licensed or something? New Year's for me has been nothing but one team stacked to poo poo with sweatlords and the other camped into spawn. Legit getting sick to poo poo at how teams are stacked with Level 100+ autismal War Axe+Bloodlust fuckers who use their lunge combos like dodge.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

The bardiche buff is great, but I'll give the patch a wide berth till the friendly hitstop change is reversed. The sweatlords complain that 1vX is much harder, which is true, but the main issue is that I'm tk-ing at 10x the rate I used to now that I can cleave through everyrone.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

To the person who thinks it's gotten easier, don't worry. The Sweat Saints will be back on the frontline servers to bloodlust their way to 80+ kills a game every time there's a Steam Sale or Free Weekend.

Bhodi posted:

They aren't doing poo poo

They can't even get basic votekicking, anti-griefing and chat muting and hardly see those as a problem, so why would you think they could/would implement models?

The game's not going to change at this point, so either it's fun for you or it's not.

This, they can't even get autobalance in when chiv had it. Doesn't help that guys scream, "YOU CAN'T AUTOBALANCE A SKILL BASED GAME" whenever you bring it up, because joining a blatant teamstack with 5+ level 200 sweatlords is just the way the game is meant to be played.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 16, 2020

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Wow people are still playing? Have they introduced any bit of autobalance to casual servers yet? It's the only thing that would bring me back into the game. I just don't want to deal with a stacked team of sweats screaming at me for "gambling" after they go for the double-feint-groundsniff-swivel-raise-weapon-feint-insta-accel-headshot with the war axe.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Trying out the EGS store, just this once, for Chivalry 2.

Babe Magnet posted:

should we petition for a name change or is someone going to make a new thread? Remove the "Mordhau:", change it to "Chivalry is Dead, Long Live Chivalry 2!" or something lol

Chivalry 2: Mordhau is dead.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah I'm gonna need a duel server to reset my muscle memory lol. It feels really janky/laggy though, or maybe the people using dodge are loving me up. Maybe the whole thing is designed to gently caress Mordhau vets up and make them start from scratch.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

They badly need to fix their netcode or whatever is loving up the servers. 60-80 ping should not equal teleport territory. It was bad yesterday but today is unplayable.

Mechanics wise, I prefer it over Mordhau, even though chambering is less intuitive (Mordhau's 360 system is great even if I miss half my chambers to my hyper dpi :v:). It shuts down a lot of sweaty playstyles that are just frustrating to deal with, while allowing a bit of advanced play beyond countering. 1vX-ing is harder and you're going to die to flanks a lot, but there's a whole lot less tryhard horseshit to deal with in Chivalry 2.

Gobblecoque posted:

Isn't chiv 2 an epic exclusive for a while? Can't imagine that'll help with population.

I'm convinced this will either heavily limit the playerbase or straight up kill the game stone dead, if they don't do a massive marketing campaign for the steam release.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 26, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

The game is far more fun than Mordhau. I think I've actually seen more maps in both betas than in Mordhau proper, lol. Duel servers are accomodating and there's far less Accel/drag horseshit so you can figure combat out at your own pace. The worst I've seen is feint spam from shield users and some weird feints from vanguard's, but at least you can adapt. The only outright annoying thing are Messer vanguard's who constantly dodge your riposte and get an easy hit in. If that fails it just descends into a riposte stamina war. The messer is ridiculous damage wise, suits all over the longsword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

mdct posted:

game good

Good lord how much are you playing!? And what's your secret?