Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bought this immediately as I've been itching to get my Chivalry on since it was announced. I will never not be screaming and laughing maniacally as the vets cut me to ribbons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Ah, I think I quit playing Chivalry before I saw too much of that. So that guy is complaining that the devs tried to mitigate bullshit that's isn't fun to play against.

He still played for 50 hours, though. :lol:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody else have their resolution setting not stick?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I can never play without Flesh Wound again. It's so satisfying punching several people to death with your remaining arm as you gargle-scream through blood. The sound design of this game is incredible. I also like how positively demonic some of the voices sound with a helmet on.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So many Pepe avatars. Glad I can disable the n-word spam box at least.

Having an okay time with a 3-2-1 armour setup with the longsword and throwing axes. Lost too many points to idiots rushing into my fire bombs.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ritznit posted:

Excellent! So pompus beard man now, beefy lady later. Got it.

Does it cost currency of any kind, in-game or monetization nonsense, to customize? Can you freely pick colors for all your parts?

You have some free pieces, but the rest cost gold and some are level restricted. You accumulate gold and XP every match. There are a bunch of default classes to play around with, though.

Some of the colours are level restricted, too, but team matches override those anyway unless you disable it, making it difficult to discern who's who.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 5, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Speaking of, is the XP/gold just based on time played or do points factor in? I had one really good match skewering noobs left and right, and it didn't pay out much more than the ones where I got stomped repeatedly.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

timn posted:

seemingly a much smarter playerbase

Yes, I have disabled chat as well.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Internet Kraken posted:

What exactly does playing a lute do in this game? Cause the prospect of being a lovely bard amuses me greatly but I don't want to be literally useless.

You can smack people upside the head with it. Besides that it provides a cheerful soundtrack to the slaughter, especially if people use that macro thingy to play proper melodies.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/13519/mordhau-lute-bot/

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 6, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Agreed on Mountain Peak. Taiga is absolutely the worst in that department, the only time I've seen Blues win was when the Reds were really, really bad. Reds also tend to win on Grad in my experience. I've seen Blues win more often on Camp than Reds, though.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'd like to turn off team colours, too, but I have enough trouble accidentally stabbing blood-soaked Blues as it is.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sorry, man, could you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over the barrage of "N****R" spam from Pepe avatars with totally incidental black/white Iron Cross approximation emblems. :(

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

StabMasterArson posted:

so just like every other online multiplayer game ever

I've been playing online games since like 1998 and have never encountered anything that even comes close, but whatever, I just hunt them down and play football with their severed heads.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

StabMasterArson posted:

I think calling the devs actual white supremacists because of this stuff is just really weird that's all

Literally one person ITT refunded the game because of the lacklustre colour picker.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Who needs a shield or armour, really? Just throw a smoke bomb and stab them in the face with a rapier as they wander out.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You're actually immune to doorkicks if you don't do anything.

No?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody else get worse performance suddenly? Game drops frames like mad at the worst possible moments.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

McSpanky posted:

There's no TK limit but I still like money

Doesn't affect that in my experience. It's just game time.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 17, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The gold payouts are always the same numerically for me depending on the length of the match and when I joined, at least on Frontlines. I guess XP might be different.

Either that or time is weighted above all else, to the point where it's almost irrelevant.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 17, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Flesh Wound is awesome and it's so satisfying to kick your killer to death before collapsing. Sometimes you can even get a couple of his friends if he didn't lop off your sword arm.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Phlegmish posted:

Is there a way to see what your character looks like from the front while playing Frontline?

Decapitation?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It is extremely, extremely soothing to load up the ol' half-naked neanderthal brawler and just running around hucking rocks at people or punching them, spamming laughter the entire time. Better still when some guy is LuteBotting it up next to you.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Midgetskydiver posted:

There's nothing as satisfying as taking those fuckers down then going about your business.

This, but with a rock.

Rocks are fantastic. You won't top the scoreboard, but people will beeline for you the second you start pelting them, allowing your team to swoop in and do the heavy lifting. Sometimes you'll steal a kill or two. Dodge-Brawler with Friendly, double rocks and a quarterstaff. I'm a fooking legend!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody got a good midi of Bella Ciao handy? I wanna rub it in before the gamer nazi brigade gets the boot, and annoy the anti-lutists, too.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Game keeps launching at 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080, I have to manually apply it every single time. Can I force it with launch parameters or something? I tried changing all the resolution lines in GameUserSettings.ini to no avail.

And is there an advanced tweaking guide somewhere? Performance goes down the shitter on the new map especially. I don't mean those "Disable everything or put it on low" competitive guides, something that'll give me 60 fps without sacrificing visual fidelity. Older Unreal games had a shitload of .ini tweaks to squeeze more frames out of them.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 14, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Shumagorath posted:

What the gently caress is the logic of weapon pickup slots? I just lost the wave in horde mode trying to pick up a buckler when it kept dropping my mace.

Tap = pick up in empty slot
Hold = replace equipped weapon

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I wish there were official 48p EU servers, 64p is absolutely the main source of the game's performance issues in my experience.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The way to grind gold is to make an AFK macro that runs in circles or kicks once every second, then join one of the no-FF double/triple damage Horde servers and leave it running overnight. It's like Bitcoin for stylish people.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Seems performance is marginally improved with this patch. Marginally. Curious it isn't their top priority.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lol if you have chat enabled.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Didn't they already promise to start banning nazis?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Wake me up when they actually fuckin' do it, then.

I'm saying that mealy-mouthed fuckhead seems to be walking it back.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Phlegmish posted:

They need to make it easier to kick people, make it mouse-driven. Even if you know how to use console commands, right now all of the biggest trolls have unreproduceable names, so you need to copy their insanely long player id.

You're only kicked for 5 minutes.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The first step would prrrobably be to disregard the cries of censorship from those who think Hitler was an underachiever, then maybe the rest of the playerbase would feel inclined to help them disassociate their game from white supremacy. They made like a million dollars per developer in the first few weeks, maybe some of that money could go toward hiring a moderator or two as well? Just spitballing here.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I've never seen a moderation team of one or two people ever be more effective then people just using a mute button.

I wasn't exactly being literal there, I'm mainly making GBS threads on the map designer who thinks it's a huge problem that RAHOWAGamer1488 gets butthurt over censorship if they take a hard stance.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TorakFade posted:

and then, I'm forever out of money

Set up an AFK macro and join a gold farming server overnight, provided a teammate doesn't spawn out of bounds and keep the server in wave 2 limbo, you'll accumulate a bunch.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Phlegmish posted:

I've been trying to come up with an insulting pun name for Crossroads but it's really difficult, all I've got so far is Crosschodes

The Lands of Mr. Hands

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ristolaz posted:

Maul Flankers

Didn't she get whacked by a t-shirt gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The LOTR maps are pretty fun and well done, especially Osgiliath. Remember to crank up the music while you chop down some orcs and Always Be Yelling.