Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Important question that decides whether I get this, can I go into the 64 player big battles and then just run around with a lute all day providing moral support for my team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

no that's explicitly against the ToS and they'll VAC ban your steam account if you try that

wow hosed up guess all devs just hate fun

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Does anyone else have an issue where they get dropped from servers pretty often? I'm thinking my internet's being fucky with me but it gets real annoying when I want to yell and hit dudes and instead connection gets lost and then all I can do is yell. IDK maybe I need a port forwarded for Mordhau or something?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

gimme a fuckin scimitar Triternion you cowards. gimme a talwar you oafs, or a kilij

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Can you couch a billhook while on horseback...?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Eveningstar is a two-thrust kill if you stance it. I like it but it's definitely not great and I'd usually rather have a 1hand weapon.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I use rapier but I only slash with it. Die, by a billion cuts, knight fuckers!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Glenn Quebec posted:

Let's keep going down this rabbit hole until the only viable weapon is the dagger. If it's in the game it's legitimate you whiny turd

One day I'll make it through a full horde round using only a dagger.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
They gotta fix the thing where connection just drops to servers, that's killing me on this game more than anything else.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Now tbf that does sound like something Bronn might say if he lost a fight.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Motherfucker posted:

wtb dwarfism trait that makes me half as tall

I also want to be the tomato guys from horde mode. Especially the part where you stretch and deflate on death.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Phlegmish posted:

Every now and then you will get troll engineers spiking or locking in their own team. It's briefly funny but gets old fast. How do you kick?

Press F at them while they're standing in front of their own spikes or next to a ledge.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
All these melee fight games have three things in common: a lack of Middle Easterners and their cool weapons and armor, bad design that gets worse over time, and listening to the worst of the playerbase (usually leading to that bad design). I feel like the second two are probably because of the first so give me my loving scimitar.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Farm Frenzy posted:

how many medieval wars were fought between armies of 32 people with exactly two horsemen & three lute players on each side

No wonder those idiots kept losing at crusades, they needed more lutists to increase morale back then.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

torn banner just announced chivalry 2 on stage at the pcgamer show lol

Chivalry 2: Mordhau is Dead

Combine Chivalry and For Honor, just mash as many cultures together as possible until we have Aztecs and Samurai versus Vikings and Mamluks.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Qubee posted:

I really need gold, but 45 minute games in Frontline only net me 300-500 gold (usually on the lower end). I want to customize all my dudes but I just don't have the cash. What's the fastest way to get gold, cause I swear Frontline doesn't make any sense whatsoever when it comes to how much gold you get. Top of the scoreboard, bottom of the scoreboard, win or lose, it just tosses a dice as to how much you get.

A 6-man Horde Mode lasts also about 30-45 but can get you over 1500+ if you win and actually pulled your weight during it, or you can hedge in a bigger server with more people that goes quicker but make between 700 and 1200 instead of the bigger bucks.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I do a lot of horde mode for fun and chat is usually cool or having fun or joking or asking where specific items are on the map and then someone helps them :)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

TorakFade posted:

:aaaaa: buying it now then. Any other skins that do that?

Zwei and Arming Sword. I haven't bought all the custom poo poo to know if anything else does it but I know I was disappointed that Longsword's Deo skin was just that with no extra customization and ended up switching back to regular Longsword.

I hope they expand Mordhau more I miss things like Chivalry having objectives to burn peasant huts then fight an overpowered dude who got spawned in as king. Add in Middle East.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I like my foppish somewhere in the middle where his voice just keeps cracking forever.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

can't wait for female characters so I can hear Female Foppish Highest Pitch

*Foppish* Yes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Zwabu posted:

Has anyone listed how much bonus gold is awarded at the end of each wave in Horde mode? Or how much gold per kill for the different kind of enemies?

Listed I don't think so but generally speaking if you pull your weight and it's a win you'll make out with over 1k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Glenn Quebec posted:

Game needs to go full war of the roses and allow anyone to flick their visor open and closed rapidly especially when being killed.